• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I actually like the camo one above. The grip chop and texturing (regardless of who did it), not so much. Not a "bad" mod per se (most chop jobs are functional and well excecuted, if ugly), but not something I'd have done.

I like the camo Glock, also. For some reason, that and Realtree pattern in the OP actually make it an attractive gun. Not sure how it would look on a 1911 or revolver, though.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    1991064.jpg

Oh crap, that's a Hi Point! ;)

:D They are so ugly.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US

Actually in that application (select-fire Glock 18) the Glock Stock makes perfect sense. I don't like that particular stock design, though (Steyr, of all companies, makes the best one by far) and I don't like that people buy them and put them on their semi-autos in violation of the NFA.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Very cool video but that was not a Glock18. It a 19 with a drop-in fun switch. Shooter, correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think 18's where not made in OD.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Not a mod per se but the Kriss hi cap .45 mag. I bought one just to test it out. Yeah, it was made for their carbine but someone has to test it out.

Total waste of time for the handgun application. Overall weight is huge. As a friend who is professional armorer pointed out way too much weight to hang on the Glock mag catch. Design is not reliable with all makes of G21 mags, at least not in my house.

Great conversation piece and paper weight. I will sell it after the next hi cap mag ban.

Actually in that application (select-fire Glock 18) the Glock Stock makes perfect sense. I don't like that particular stock design, though (Steyr, of all companies, makes the best one by far) and I don't like that people buy them and put them on their semi-autos in violation of the NFA.
    Mark, can you show the Steyr stock you are talking about. Not sure I have seen that one.

EDIT: Skip it, I found it. Yeah that has always looked like the best one but I have never handled it. I have always felt a stock, with G17, 22.lr upper, cans for each caliber and a legal SBR tax would make for a great kit in a Pelican case. I may do this some day. I have "preordered" a Tac Solutions G17 upper through a friend. We will see if I get it in 2010.

Last edited by a moderator:

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    Not bad mods, just bad finishes; all those guns would still run well. I don't count the Birdman sights because they are obviously a fabrication.

You wanna talk REAL "bad mods"?

• Clipdraw
    • Ghost Block
    • Handcuff key backplate lock thing
    • Titanium firing pin
    • Glock Stock
    • Mako attachment to hang a Glock off your AR railed handguard

Curiosity got the best of me I had to google the Mako AR/Glock attachment, it is quite possibly the dumbest weapon modification I've ever seen. In fact it would appear that Mako makes a host of dumb accessories for alot of weapons.

Top Bottom