• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    The only thing I can say for JD was that he was not listening when he joined.
    This is a very nice club with a lot of good members I am one and have been for over 10 years.
    I also joined mid year the first time and was informed that it was what it was there were no deals.
    One of the reasons stated for this is at one time they offered quarterly payments, Hunters would join for 1/4 of the year to sight in thier deer guns and never to be seen again.

I think JD is off on his high horse and if attended any of the meetings would know of the increase for the new (2011) year.
    I was not at the meeting But I highly dbout anyone mentioned anything about the gate hitting him in the ass. Sounds also that he did not bring his concern to a meeting but let someone else deliver the message.

We have 8 to 10 fun shoots a year that you don't even have to be a member to participate in and it's some of the most fun I've had.

Where else can you shoot under cover ( pistil range & rifle range) for 75 bucks a year?
    I have joined clubs in the past where I had to pay 200 & 500 just to join the club ( this is the way the charter reads)
    and then also have to pay yearly or quarterly dues.

What do they get at Midwest an hour?

The other thing he did not mention you come out on a cleanup day and you get $10.00 off for every clean up day you attend.

I find it funny people complain about joining a club they can come shoot anytime during the open hours with a key to enter & leave at will and all the freedom this brings, shoot $50 to $150 dollars worth of ammo in a single visit and complain about $75.00 dollars a year to have a place to shoot

This statment is on the front page of the web site and clearly stated.
    It is also found outside the gate in membership info and in a copy of the rules that are given when you fill out your paper work to join.
    ANNUAL DUES
    [SIZE=+0]2011 Memberships--$75.00[/SIZE]

Membership terms at SJCRC are from January 1st

through December 31st of the calendar year regardless of

the time of year you join. There are no discounts for part-

year membership.

Not to mention reducing your dues for next year by helping cleaning YOUR club.

Last edited:

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    At my club its on a 12 month basis from when you join. That sucks and so does the club.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    This is a very nice club with a lot of good members I am one and have been for over 10 years.
    I also joined mid year the first time and was informed that it was what it was there were no deals.
    One of the reasons stated for this is at one time they offered quarterly payments, Hunters would join for 1/4 of the year to sight in thier deer guns and never to be seen again.

I think JD is off on his high horse and if attended any of the meetings would know of the increase for the new (2011) year.
    I was not at the meeting But I highly dbout anyone mentioned anything about the gate hitting him in the ass. Sounds also that he did not bring his concern to a meeting but let someone else deliver the message.

We have 8 to 10 fun shoots a year that you don't even have to be a member to participate in and it's some of the most fun I've had.

Where else can you shoot under cover ( pistil range & rifle range) for 75 bucks a year?
    I have joined clubs in the past where I had to pay 200 & 500 just to join the club ( this is the way the charter reads)

The other thing he did not mention you come out on a cleanup day and you get $10.00 off for every clean up day you attend.

I find it funny people complain about joining a club they can come shoot anytime during the open hours with a key to enter & leave at will and all the freedom this brings, shoot $50 to $150 dollars worth of ammo in a single visit and complain about $75.00 dollars a year to have a place to shoot

It is also found outside the gate in membership info and in a copy of the rules that are given when you fill out your paper work to join.
    ANNUAL DUES
    [SIZE=-0]2011 Memberships--$75.00[/SIZE]

year membership.

I have been considering joining but am wondering how big is the club, if you go during the week will you have the range to yourself or is there still a lot of people using it ?

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    At my club its on a 12 month basis from when you join.

That's nice. But if that's the way you expect it then you should volunteer to be the bookeeper and manage the renewals...

People got no idea until they do this stuff... for free... on their own time...

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    That's nice. But if that's the way you expect it then you should volunteer to be the bookeeper and manage the renewals...

People got no idea until they do this stuff... for free... on their own time...

Its been that way for years and were there not enough volunteers Im sure Id help. We have over 300 members and I have never heard any complaints.
    If nothing else the club should knock off 20 bucks after July first.

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    I have been considering joining but am wondering how big is the club, if you go during the week will you have the range to yourself or is there still a lot of people using it ?

It is pretty much your own range all the time. The fall gets busy with people getting there deer guns zeroed but otherwise it is pretty slow. There may be a dude or 2 there but everyone I have met is very cool.

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC

Come on down next saturday to the Military Rifle & Pistol shoot next weekend (4/31) and find out for your self.
    Registration stars at 8:30
    shoot at 9
    expect to be there till noon or after
    Check out the match description on the web site
    Bring a Military type rifle & pistol and join in

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    Come on down next saturday to the Military Rifle & Pistol shoot next weekend (4/31) and find out for your self.
    Registration stars at 8:30
    shoot at 9
    expect to be there till noon or after
    Check out the match description on the web site
    Bring a Military type rifle & pistol and join in
    What's a "military type" rifle or pistol? Does it have to be US military?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany

ANNUAL DUES
    [SIZE=+0]2011 Memberships--$75.00[/SIZE]

year membership.

There are always at least two sides to a story. Thanks for posting the other side. Our club has a one time initiation fee that is twice the annual membership fee, but they do pro-rate annual dues for those who join after a certain point in the year. With so few nice, safe, places to shoot, this seems like a small thing to get so upset over. If I felt that strongly about a club issue, I'd go to meetings, try to sway members to my side and get the by-laws changed. Looks like the OP probably burned too many bridges to do this now.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    While that club doesn't look bad, a little longer of a drive to the Tri-County range, you can have a similar range (without the fun shoots and competitions) for free.

jd42k

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    At least one good thing coming out of all the folks posting here are the new ranges that I never knew existed. Thank you for that!
    Yes there is always two sides to every story.

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.

Summer(4/1-9/30) weekday/Sat. hours are to 7:30pm . There are 4 lanes on the pistol range, and 3-4 100yd, 2 50yd and 2 25yd on the rifle/pistol range. All but the 25yd rifle are covered.
    The 2nd Wed can be busy because it is meeting night.

So theoretically had you signed up December 31st, 2010 you would have only gotten one day's use for your $65?
    People who signed up at the December open house/swap(12/5) were siginng up for the next year. I don't know if they got a 2010 key for the rest of the month.

Last edited:

HOSS5569

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2010
    Elkhart, IN
    Thanks for the info was going to join but will reconsider now.

I was just getting ready to join along with my brother and two friends. I guess we will look elsewhere.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I'm pro SJCRC all the way

I joined last spring and they made it clear to me it's a calendar year. Maybe because of the heat the OP sent their way. I understand the OP position too but I was told up front.

$75 bucks is cheap!

The place is great. The people that I've met are nice (aren't we all?) but I rarley see many people there.

Saturday mornings when I go it has been almost empty. I had the pistol range all to myself for 2 hours last Saturday.

I highly recommend the place. A great deal and I love to shoot outdoors!

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

ccrise

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    Mishawaka, IN
    Was thinking about joining this year but I'll wait till Jan 1st now. How does that make more money for them? Sounds like a good place to shoot but they need to work on recruiting new members and keeping the ones they have. Remember the best advertisement is Word-Of-Mouth.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I joined in May, know full well there fee was calender year. There website(that was how I found in) clearly states it. I only live about 5 minutes away. Was there this afternoon. Was one of 4 people there.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I'm in the same boat for joining for the rest of this year. I happen to have some bad luck earlier this year that thwarted any chance of being able to renew my membership. Now that i'm back in good shape it's too late in the year to join. It really would be in the clubs best interest to lessen the fee after the end of July or mid August to attract new members. Although since I do understand the rules since I've been a member there for the last 3 years, I'll just wait till January.

NOTE: This really is a super nice place to be a member. They spend membership fees and put it back into the property to enhance the range. The pistol and rifle ranges are really great!

Top Bottom