• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    How can any person in their right mind believe anything so obviously ridiculous?

You can't....which even further solidifies my opinion that the responding LEO abused his authority.

Have any of the local news stations contacted you to do a follow-up to their story? I know one of stations actually had a 2-3 minute piece on it and interviewed you personally. Would be a nice piece of journalism and reporting to follow-up on the story with perhaps another 2 minute segment with you.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    And keep in mind, people across Indiana have been arrested (not just cited, as LS was) for even just showing a pistol in their waistband.

Ok, ladies, I have to make this quick this morning.

@ Benny - thanks for the ubb lesson. ;) In terms of the waistband thing, I can think of one case from years ago where it was a punk who lifted the shirt to a car where the driver was kinda staring him down. In his waistband was a 9mm, IIRC. He did it to intimidate, and I believe that's what he was charged with. The Court of Appeals held that it wasn't intimidation.

My point with it, though, is that we live in an imperfect society, where people often - either intentionally or unintentionally, misconstrue gun owners. We don't have to like it, but we do have to acknowledge that fact. And, while CPD is solid IMHO, I can't speak to what every police officer in every jurisdiction might do in every circumstance. Again, we want our police officers to be police officers, not lawyers.

So you make it sound like an epidemic, but you can name 1 case from years ago.:n00b: Plus, he wasn't just "showing," he was intimidating and I said anyone who does that deserves to be arrested.

Nice try, miss.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    You can't....which even further solidifies my opinion that the responding LEO abused his authority.

Have any of the local news stations contacted you to do a follow-up to their story? I know one of stations actually had a 2-3 minute piece on it and interviewed you personally. Would be a nice piece of journalism and reporting to follow-up on the story with perhaps another 2 minute segment with you.

That was WTHR. They did a brief piece reporting my acquittal.

Since I wasn't convicted of being a dangerous gun-nut, it isn't sexy enough for a follow-up interview.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    According to him, I went outside to restrain my neighbor's dogs, who were displaying no signs of aggression. I then fired a shot in an attempt to get these totally non-aggressive dogs to line up, single file, and calmly squeeze back through the breach in the fence (if they were so gentle, why did I need to fire a shot to motivate them?). After firing this shot, which would be a violation under the Discharging Firearms ordinance of any town in the country, I went back in the house and called the police on myself. When the officer arrived, I explained my absurd motivation for firing the shot, after which he told me he was charging me. Only then did I fabricate a story about being attacked by the dogs.

How can any person in their right mind believe anything so obviously ridiculous?

I'll add to that - you did all this not because you wanted to shoot the dogs (I could see the motivation if you were a closet dog-hater) but because you wanted to fire a shot into your lawn. Wait a sec...was that a brand new handgun? Maybe you were just itching to shoot it and you didn't have time to get to the range. :D

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'll add to that - you did all this not because you wanted to shoot the dogs (I could see the motivation if you were a closet dog-hater) but because you wanted to fire a shot into your lawn. Wait a sec...was that a brand new handgun? Maybe you were just itching to shoot it and you didn't have time to get to the range. :D

Or was testing out a new batch of reloads.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Although he did call E5Ranger and the others "ladies"...

That's a personal attack and against INGO rules. :cool:

Okay, I feel like I'm representing this guy now, but here goes.

He said in one of his posts that he came from a military family. Addressing other guys as "ladies" is common in the military and isn't really meant as derogatory except in a gentle kind of joking way, which is the way I took it.

Also, I think ladies are awesome, so I'm not sure how calling someone a lady is a personal attack. :D

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I'd like to know how he found out about this thread as well.

It's pretty easy if you have strong Google Fu, like how I was able to find T. Lex's LinkedIn entry in about 30 seconds after becoming curious about it.

If you have someone's full name, address, etc. to start with, it is even easier, even without the paid subscription services that most attorneys & PIs have access to.

The other Lex ;)

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    It's pretty easy if you have strong Google Fu, like how I was able to find T. Lex's LinkedIn entry in about 30 seconds after becoming curious about it.

If you have someone's full name, address, etc. to start with, it is even easier, even without the paid subscription services that most attorneys & PIs have access to.

The other Lex ;)

Yep. A quick search give you his employer, bio, and history which in turn give you a lot more search fodder. I'll be nice and not post a photo of his front door.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

The other Lex ;)
    Hmm, T LEx is a lawyers Extranet Welcome to T Lex -- Extranets for Lawyers :dunno:

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    You know what? I've been remiss in my duties as a frothing gun nut. I've never told you guys about the gun.

The piece that I used in my criminal escapade is a Smith & Wesson Model 1950 Military & Police chambered for .45ACP (on moon clips) or .45 Auto Rim.

There are a lot of TARGET model 1950's out there, but M&P's are rare. According to my research Smith made about 3,000 of them.

According to my letter from Smith, it was sent in 1950 to Portland, Oregon, to the old Lawrence Holster Company. Twenty-five years later it found its way to a gun store in Mt. Healthy, Ohio, where I bought it when I was about twenty-one years old.

It's collector's value is probably crap due to modifications made to it.

Someone bobbed it's barrel from six inches to four and re-crowned it. They then milled out the rear of the topstrap and fitted a big pair of Micro adjustable sights. The front sight is so big that I could file an edge on it and use it as a cutlass.

My buddy Dave Workman of Seattle, who's been covering my case in his Gun Rights Examiner column, served with me on the NRA Board. We attended the Annual Meeting in Denver, which was right after the Columbine shooting. The media was slobbering all over themselves about how heartless we were to not cancel our annual meeting, and tensions were running high, with death threats being received at the hotel for NRA officers and board members.

I always travel with two guns. That way if I should be involved in a shooting while out of town and have to surrender my piece to the gendarmes I have another to carry.

Dave came to town unarmed. I loaned him the 1950, and he carried the old warhorse during our sojourn in Denver, while I packed my Model 57 .41 Magnum.

It's poetic justice that years later he's now writing stories about that same gun.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Perhaps some of our legal beagles can clarify a thought I had. When a member of my family was the victim of a violent crime, the Sheriff's Deputy told me that he just submits his file to the County Prosecutor and the Prosecutor would decide whether to charge and what to charge.

This situation was different. LS basically got a ticket for violating a city ordinance by a city police officer. An assistant city attorney (not really a prosecutor) went to court based upon that ticket. Is he involved in charging decisions like a prosecutor or is he simply stuck dealing with that ticket?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Perhaps some of our legal beagles can clarify a thought I had. When a member of my family was the victim of a violent crime, the Sheriff's Deputy told me that he just submits his file to the County Prosecutor and the Prosecutor would decide whether to charge and what to charge.

This situation was different. LS basically got a ticket for violating a city ordinance by a city police officer. An assistant city attorney (not really a prosecutor) went to court based upon that ticket. Is he involved in charging decisions like a prosecutor or is he simply stuck dealing with that ticket?

OV tickets in most jurisdictions are not filed in a court until the defendant has been given a chance to pay. If they are not paid, the city attorney's office then files them with the court if the city chooses to try to enforce the ticket.

Most of the tickets don't have a report or anything like that with them and generally whether they get prosecuted is based upon policy rather than substantive review.

Even if a ticket is filed without being somehow reviewed by the city attorney, the city attorney has the power to move to dismiss at any time.

I've never been in carmel city court so I don't know how that particular city and the court do things.

Best,

Joe

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    Okay, I feel like I'm representing this guy now, but here goes.

He said in one of his posts that he came from a military family. Addressing other guys as "ladies" is common in the military and isn't really meant as derogatory except in a gentle kind of joking way, which is the way I took it.

Also, I think ladies are awesome, so I'm not sure how calling someone a lady is a personal attack. :D

Sorry, guess I got my panties in a bunch...:D

Top Bottom