• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deadsquirrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Carmel
    Let me preface this by saying I usually CC but from time to time I like to OC my GP100. Never had any issues at all from either form of carry til about 30 minutes ago...

Just got back from lunch at Chipotle on 96th street (+1 for them and their staff btw) where I had someone appreach me while I was eating.

First thing he said was "Is THAT a real gun??!!"

I respond with a polite "yes" :rolleyes: and he seemed like he was a nice guy and just interested that's all.

Then he starts asking me why I feel the need to carry a gun

I respond politely again with a basic answer of it's my right and so on but keeping it short casue I really didnt feel like talking to this guy

Then he completely freaks out... "ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? HOW IS THAT SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE!!??!?!

I had no idea what to say. I just kept cool and told him it was legal and all

He came back by yelling at me more calling me a s***head, A**hole, stupid ******* .... just about everything you can think of. Saying how I am putting everyone's lives in danger :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I stay somewhat polite. My GF who I was eating with starts asking him if he thinks my gun will jump out of the holster and shoot everyone by itself.

He continues to scream at me using all kinds of swear words with my favorite quote being ... "There are kids in here you S***HEAD!!!! leave that S*** at HOME!!!"

Anyways he stormed off everyone was staring at him as he climed into his silver saturn with Michigan plates :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    All in all, I'd say it was an instructive experience for all involved...the public saw a law abiding OC'er behave safely, appropriately and with enviable restraint in the face of an unbalanced, foaming at the mouth, gun-hating crazy person. +1 for our side, -1000 for theirs.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Sounds like a a complete moron.... Way to keep your cool!

I was thinking we would have 20+ pages by this evening when I read the title but since it didn't involve a LEO I'm guessing 10-13 pgs.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Good thing he was concerned about the kids when he went all mental and started drawing attention to himself when he launched into his profanity laiden rant. :n00b:

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    That was one of those situations where you almost dont know what to say! The guy made a complete ass of himself that he totally took away from the point he was trying to make. I like how he scolded you about how there are kids there but did it while cursing like a sailor. Seriously!

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I would have called the cops to report a mentally disturbed man causing a scene within the restaurant.

This. "He's screaming, using profanity, acting in a threatening manner and seems on the verge of attacking patrons. He needs to be taken in for a mental health evaluation. For his own good. "

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    No manners. Doesn't he know better than to interupt a mans right to eat his dinner in peace. I would have told him, quote, "I generally converse after I eat, why don't you come back in 30 min. or so.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Should have called it in as a LWAPM (Lunatic With A Potty Mouth)

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Even if I had a problem with somebody carrying in public, I'll be damned if I would go and try to start crap with an armed person. What a loser! What a dumb loser! you did great though, don't let it get to you.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I cannot fathom going on a tirade to a man while he is eating WITH A GUN if you think he is dangerous. It goes against the self preservation instinct. It is obvious that these people do not seriously consider us (especially OCers) as threats. I think that collectively thay want us to react negetively- yell back, threaten them, worst of all pull your gun on them so that they can have a victory and you are now the bad guy. They are bating us to be what they want us to be so that they will be right.

I am going to try to find a video that illustrates that point, it is a man in Philidelphia who is being harassed by another man with a camera who is following him. They are both in vehicles racing around a populated area until the man being chased stops in a parking lot and gets out, yells at the other guy and then proceeds to pull his gun and threaten him. He tries to get the guy on the ground and NOTHING happens, the second guy IS NOT SCARED of a guy who is very angry waving a gun in his face.

I believe that this conclusively proves that people who are ignorant enough to "scared of guns in public" are not actually scared of guns, or people who could kick their butt. They have no self preservation instinct and in fact wish that no one else had one either.

Top Bottom