• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I just wonder how long this crap has been going on before there were cameras everywhere.

That and I'm quite disappointed by my fellow humans' in ability to do the right thing when nobody is watching.

I am with you all the way on this. Not only is there a disinclination to do right when no one is looking, but the inclination toward cover-up, and the disinclination of most people to believe the truth if it runs contrary to the happy picture they are content seeing whether it exists or not. I could hold up a few pinheads here on INGO as prime examples of this phenomenon.

The other problem is what happens when those controlling the cameras are the same people perpetrating assorted forms of malfeasance? I should hate to think what happens when the .gov is controlling the cameras and using them as a support network for this type of people.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Big Brother is watching, and re-writing history to meet its purposes. Never doubt it. Now that the press is government propaganda, we really no longer have any recourse. We will not see these types of video much longer. They will be sealed in the interest of national security and those audacious enough to file freedom of information based claims will be arrested and held indefinitely on the basis of the new NDAA laws that allow this on US soil.

Big Brother is just waiting for the next crisis to enable them to pull the trigger.

exelh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Nashville
    Missing from this thread are all the ususal cop supporters, strange. nobody saying "yeah, but you don't see what lead up to this" or "we don't know what the kid said, he must have done something" etc.... I am sure it's coming though.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I just wonder how long this crap has been going on before there were cameras everywhere.

That and I'm quite disappointed by my fellow humans' in ability to do the right thing when nobody is watching.
    It's Prince George's County, MD. Their cops are well known for being out of control and behaviour like this is just par for the course. It didn't surprise me in the least.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Lesson in the importance of video.

I just wish the Indiana Supreme Court would expland IRE617. Perhaps with so many prominent cases featuring video we will have more and more interactions video recorded.

StuBob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'm opposed to surveillance cameras popping up everywhere. At least, I thought I was. This makes me think they're not always such a bad idea. Though it really is true that there's more to the story.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Keep an eye on this case.

I bet in the end, don't be surprised if he's eventually working for another police force in another town.

It happens all too often.

Case in Point:
    Which can be confirmed in archives of the Rensselaer Republican newspaper, and a reference to this case can be found at:
    https://mycase.in.gov/

In 1994, we had a cop in Rensselaer, Jasper County, Indiana, Christopher M. Kane, that wanted to make himself look like a "hero".

So he drove his patrol car to Weston Cemetery and staged a "gunfight".

He went up among the grave stones and shot up his patrol car.

Then he went back to his patrol car and shot back in the direction of the gravestones, damaging many old historic ones.

ALL AROUND this area were people's homes who could've been wounded or killed by all the bullets flying around.

Then he reported he had been attacked and had been in a gunfight.

They had the Indiana State Police flying all around looking for the "perp".

IN THE END, he's now a cop with another department "up North" according to the son of another local cop.
    But he wouldn't tell me where.

After what he did, I can't imagine why ANY responsible city would hire a nut like this and give him a badge and a gun.

Last edited:

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Pathetic but true!

Now that young man can sign up here and have some of our resident LE groupies tell him how things like that don't happen and tell him how he needs to get help with his anger issues if he still has any objections to that fine officer's service to the community.

I don't think anyone on here has ever given every officer a free pass. Even the officers on this forum have admitted that everyone makes mistakes, including them and their brethren.

Sometimes I think you just spoil for a fight.

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    It's too bad the victim, or his friend, wasn't carrying a firearm for self defense.
    He and his friend would have been killed, and given support to the though that he was a common thug based solely on his skin color.

Its good to see the vail has lifted for some, but how for back does this type of behavior go? Probably further than most are willing to admit. Could it be intertwined in the mistrust/fear blacks have for the police.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    glock17bayonet.jpg

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Shameful. I can't imagine a scenario where that would be an acceptable action. Everyone involved is lucky the kid didn't get killed.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I don't think anyone on here has ever given every officer a free pass. Even the officers on this forum have admitted that everyone makes mistakes, including them and their brethren.

Sometimes I think you just spoil for a fight.

You may recall that the 'fight' manifested simply because I shared that I am not going to put blind trust in an aggregate of people who in my experiences have proven untrustworthy, particularly in the times when it really mattered. You might also recall that the aforementioned discussion turned on the automatic assumption that the aggregate of people involved is above reproach. Besides that, I would still like to know what makes me an unacceptable person for insisting on having a sound understanding of the facts of the situation before making a life-ending decision.

Top Bottom