• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    I saw a guy at a Meijer Store in Ft Wayne, stout lad O/C full size Glock in a paddle holster. His only problem, wearing Sweat Pants. He had a death grip on the sweats, right behind the holster.........

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Not sure if youre talking about holsters or the rhino signature cod piece, but if you've subjected it to rigorous testing and are happy with the performance, it's ok with me.

The Blackhawk version is crap. Doesn't hold up to dirt and hard use. 5.11 is more practical because of the extra pockets.

drylkuch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2016
    West Lafayette
    About an hour and a half ago I watched someone walk into the community center that I volunteer at with a full sized M&P hanging out of his sweatshirt pocket with the holster in his hand.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    When I first got into guns, a buddy of mine went to pick out a holster for me. He just got discharged from the Marines so in hindsight, he knew just as much as I do on civilian carry...which is poorly. He had the "I don't care mentality, if anyone tries anything, I'll destroy them" mindset. So he is still kinda weird or misinformed about kydex holsters and holsters without locks or switches to release the lock. Anyway, he picked a bulldog holster for my first carry choice.

I had no idea how to even get this thing on my pants really and the clip dig into my hip when I tried it on. I didn't even carry it. This was way back when I had an XDM 3.8 compact and the gun came with its own holster. So I quickly tried that out, adjusted the tensioner and I loved the idea of a slim line plastic holster that holds my gun in place when I conceal carry and is fast to come out.

Even to this day, my friend still insist you can't protect your gun from getting pulled out or get flung out during a struggle with someone and insists on having his Safriland ALS holster for carry, but was not above a soft pocket holster for his G42. I stopped arguing, but I remembered how stupid having this bulky bulldog holster as a carry holster option

Oh, the only time I bought a Bladetech was for a paddle holster. I left the guy behind the counter actually screw on the paddle for me and I wore it for a week and one day the screws became so loose, the entire thing fell apart and my gun dropped and landed on the floor. It was still in the holster and thankfully, I was in a crowded and loud restaurant and it happened when I was walking in the back to the restroom, so no one saw me and freaked out.

Last edited:

wulfensteinster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2012
    Plainfield
    Im assuming that many people on here carry concealed? how many carry openly? I do depending on the day and tasks at hand. I will not open carry in large crowds. For my duty weapon, I use a retention strap but I don't for personal carry. I guess what Im asking is what do you guys think of the stealthgear product and how concerned are you about not having a retention device? I initially had mixed feelings but I went with this holster because my brothers work for Stealthgear. I have gotten used to it and it no longer bothers me.

20161019_122655.jpg

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Im assuming that many people on here carry concealed? how many carry openly? I do depending on the day and tasks at hand. I will not open carry in large crowds. For my duty weapon, I use a retention strap but I don't for personal carry. I guess what Im asking is what do you guys think of the stealthgear product and how concerned are you about not having a retention device? I initially had mixed feelings but I went with this holster because my brothers work for Stealthgear. I have gotten used to it and it no longer bothers me.

View attachment 50771

Test it. Get a blue gun and a buddy and let him try to take it. If you want to increase the difficulty, get a buddy with solid grappling skills and try to keep it.

Top Bottom