• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You and I may be the last two Serpa users alive....or so I've been led to believe.

And I've been led to believe that stuff jumps behind the button and causes us to not be able to draw. And we should have shot ourselves in the leg by now. :dunno:

belt-carry.png

From BladeTech's own website.

I prefer instructions. This was on an official publication too. (the art dept doesnt always understand the products fully)

HKbulletsBackwards.jpg

THe paddle goes inside. If you dont want anything going in the pants, thats what the belt slide back is for.

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I prefer instructions. This was on an official publication too. (the art dept doesnt always understand the products fully)

THe paddle goes inside. If you dont want anything going in the pants, thats what the belt slide back is for.

Do you have instructions for that blade tech holster that state it's supposed to go on the inside?

And from what I understand the paddle holster that comes with the XDs is designed to be worn outside the pants also.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    belt-carry.png

From BladeTech's own website.

Picture shows a belt attachment and not a paddle. Also that belt must be thin judging by the sag.

We used the paddle that came with the XDm that we had inside the pants. Otherwise the holster/paddle wants to pull away from leg during the draw. That said I have seen plenty of people wear a paddle holster outside the pants. It wouldn't offer any advantage over a belt clip though.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    It really irks me when a big budget TV show / movie has actors carry firearms with incorrect holster placement.. like using the clip on a IWB to carry gun outside the waist...

I know what you mean. I have family who watch "criminal minds" and the way this guy wears his holster drives me nuts!

tumblr_np7b9ypBb51ut64zpo4_500.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Been some years back, but I believe we seen a serpa lock up in an MDFI class. It took time, tools and delicate care to get the loaded gun off of the gent's hip.

Jimb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    Cicero
    I choose not to open carry out in public, because I would rather conceal, but ying yangs that open carry in an unresponsible fashion are really just not representing responsible gun ownership well,as well as putting themselves at risk leaving it flop around out there like an open invitation to another ding dong to come try and take it....whereas they may find themselves unarmed before they know it.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I choose not to open carry out in public, because I would rather conceal, but ying yangs that open carry in an unresponsible fashion are really just not representing responsible gun ownership well,as well as putting themselves at risk leaving it flop around out there like an open invitation to another ding dong to come try and take it....whereas they may find themselves unarmed before they know it.

^^ This right here ^^

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Not to get off track but Serpa holsters are wildly popular with the military.
    I have never heard of an issue with one guess that's what I get from being isolated from civilian life.
    I do know of two situations where a glock went bang after being shoved in a waist band.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Do you guys ever use an IWB holster to open carry? Or is this generally received as lazy or in bad taste? I want to carry similarly to this, but dont want to be percieved negatively because of improper holster application.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Do you guys ever use an IWB holster to open carry? Or is this generally received as lazy or in bad taste? I want to carry similarly to this, but dont want to be percieved negatively because of improper holster application.

I carry IWB all the time with a tucked in tshirt or polo shirt. This is usually combined with a cover garment such as a vest, jacket or open front shirt. If I remove the cover garment then what you show in the picture is the result. Personally I see no reason not to keep the gun covered when out and about but I also don't feel compelled to do so around the house, on the range, in my car, pumping gas, etc.

Top Bottom