• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I have a problem with my passenger side brake light, replaced the bulb and the light works as a taillight bu not as a break light, I think I need a new electrical unit that the bulbs fit into, the current one is melted:dunno:

Do to my wife changing careers we are on a tight budget and it might be a few weeks before I can afford a new part.

In my reading of IC 9-19-6-17 I think that I'm legal:dunno:

What does INGO think:dunno:

Link to the code
    Indiana Code 9-19-6

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    what kind of car do you have?
    you can go to pull/pick a part and get a replacement cheaper then new. on something like that assuming the donor car wasnt rear ended should do ya fine.

balorg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Bloomington
    I recommend searching the internet for junkyards in your area and call them to see if they have the part. It might be cheaper than buying a new one from an Auto Parts store.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    It's a chevy trailblazer, I haven't thought about pick a part, right now $5 is out of reach unless she has a great tips at work

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    My real question is the law, the way I read it I'm fine it still has 2 working brake lights

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Could you have simply bought a single filament tail light bulb instead of a dual filament brake light bulb?

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Could you have simply bought a single filament tail light bulb instead of a dual filament brake light bulb?

I thought that is what happened so I put the other one in the drivers side light and it works fine, then I put the one that I knew worked into the pass side and the same thing happened

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Most likely a bad circuit board on that side. Dealer only part AFIK. But do double check your bulb part # I believe it to be a 3057.

I haven't found anywhere that sells them:dunno:

It's a 3157, according to Napa, works fine in the drivers side

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    3157 and 3057 are interchangable. You sir have a bad board. Inspect the wiring harness where it connects to the board as well, I've yet to see one fail on a trailblazer; but the montanas, ventures.... all seem to burn up the black ground wire. Look for any melting and or charring; I doubt you'll find it, but it's worth a look.

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    I'm with remymartin on this one, C/K series, Montana/Venture burn the boards up often enough that the aftermarket repop's them.

I'll see what I can find in the way of taillight boards tomorrow at work and get in touch.

gdh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Crown Point
    sj kahr k40,
    Since you stated in your first post that the socket was melted and according to this sight, RockAuto Auto Parts the rear tail light sockets are the same for a Trailblazer and the 1990 Lumina that I am about to scrape out. I will ship a couple of the tail light sockets to you free if you want them.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    It's defiantly the board, I swapped them and it does the same thing on the drivers side,
    Thanks to gdh I will hopefully have it fixed soon

+1 to gdh

MedicMike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Henryville, IN
    There was a recall on the brake light assembly board, not sure for what years. They had problems with them, in fact I had the same problem in my 02' Bravada. Try a google search with year, make, model for recalls and it should come up.

Top Bottom