• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Ouch! (Literally) having made a few friends on ingo, most of which are older than I, I've been able to learn from their anecdotes. Get the weight off and take care of your body, is at the top of the list. Some thing about a happy wife is up there too, but I'm still figuring out what they meant.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I just got back from the physical therapist. Had a dry needling appointment. I have never heard of it so looked it up on YouTube, was nervous going in but it wasn’t bad at all. I’m sore now, but I was sore before so if it helps so be it. I suggest it for everyone that works out regularly or does a lot of physical labor.

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    This has come up alot in the past month. I wonder if cold weather makes it more frequent. Anyway go see the doc first. Then try this.

See the fat almost 300 pound guy in the pic, that's me. When my back would go it would be a minimum of 6 weeks. I could not lay down. I slept in a recliner. While awake I would sit in one of those sweet plastic lawn chairs. If I lied down flat it would take a whole bunch of pain pills and muscle relaxers just to dull the pain enough so I wouldn't **** myself getting up. I won't even get into the time I had my wife call an ambulance to get me out of bed.

w7bf8.jpg

Once you are cleared for exercise do some of these.

wrg6rk.jpg

If you get serious about it take it further and do some core strengthening.

o76blx.jpg

If you're really really serious about it, drop some lbs.

8zpjdz.jpg

Its a life change. I go out to lunches and dinners all the time and would love to shove all that wonder fatty, greasy, carb load wonderfulness in my mouth. But I dont. Now when my back goes out, it's a couple of days and doesn't slow me down. The pain I experience is a 1-2, not a 8-10. It's been a long and challenging road but being in shape and able to keep up with life is worth it.

Picture 1 to picture 4 you look about 20 years younger. Good job!

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Thanks for the advice. After talking to the doc, It turns out I have a herniated disc in my lower back. Pt every day after work and I have to wear a back brace.

indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood
    My brother does that, but he does it in front of the sofa, he lays on the floor and slides his butt up to the front of the sofa and puts his knees to his feet on the sofa where you sit. he says it takes the load off your back.

I did that for 1 hour while watching TV and could not get off the floor after

Top Bottom