• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bogan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Guns are better at killing people than knives. That's why I carry a gun and a knife. If knives were better for self defense, I wouldn't need a gun. So I'm sure gun deaths are higher than knives. Again though, not the point.

Oh, the paradox... this is too rich. Ask yourself a really simple question: why are there more gun deaths than knife deaths? You've already answered it, but you refuse to face the reality of it.

And it is EXACTLY the point.

Lookee here, P.10
    http://www.unodc.org/documents/data...Homicide/Globa_study_on_homicide_2011_web.pdf

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Oh, the paradox... this is too rich. Ask yourself a really simple question: why are there more gun deaths than knife deaths? You've already answered it, but you refuse to face the reality of it.

And it is EXACTLY the point.

Lookee here, P.10
    http://www.unodc.org/documents/data...Homicide/Globa_study_on_homicide_2011_web.pdf

That proves what exactly? A substitution effect? What? Indiana has a larger percentage of its homicides committed by firearms than Europe but has an overall homicide rate similar to Europe. Even the U.S. as a whole has a homicide rate only slightly higher than Europe. If you look at all the nations and areas studied in that report, race appears to have a much greater influence on homicide rates than access to firearms. Is that the point you were making?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So I'm a left wing extremist now? News to me. I guess I better watch out or I might get banned like Streak.
    We have lefties who've posted here for a long time and are still here. We've had some righties that have been banned. So you think his politics earned him shooter status? Dude, I'm sure you miss him, but...

Sorry, don't see how this is political. If the anti-gunners shouldn't use tragedies to argue for gun control, then we pro-gunners shouldn't use them against gun control.

I see where you're coming from, but for reasons already expressed here, I think that's not the intent.

BS. What is the ratio of criminal knife attack casualties vs firearms casualties? Pick any country you want for knife homicides, and compare that to gun homicides in the US. Go on.

BTW, this isn't a left vs right red herring argument; it's reality vs myths.

C'mon man, I think you're arguing a point not argued. Why?

Are you implying that we should ban guns to reduce the number of murders?

Doesn't matter. I suspect that one of his intellectually superior own has been dressed down and is in need of a rescuer to beat down the ignorant knuckle draggers. So he needs to argue something not argued to argue against.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    The point I'm trying to make is that every time there's a shooting and someone uses it as a case for gun control, we always say they're politicizing a tragedy and chastise them for it. OP is doing the exact same thing but the other way. I'd rather see pro-gunners like us be better than that.

Maybe people are realizing that the left wins often because the right conducts themselves as gentlemen. Think of how obama was not vetted properly because of fear of being called racist. The right needs to take the gloves off.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Maybe people are realizing that the left wins often because the right conducts themselves as gentlemen. Think of how obama was not vetted properly because of fear of being called racist. The right needs to take the gloves off.

I get ya, but you have to admit that some righties may indeed act as gentlemen as they twist the knife in the back. They did that to Rubio.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I'd rather see pro-gunners like us be better than that.

Me too. Sadly the freedom hating d-bags on the looney left have dictated the terms of this fight. We are busy fighting an 18th century war, where things like a just cause and honor are important things, while our opponents wage a simple PR campaign.:dunno:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I might have missed it. How did the they do that to rubio?

I guess I should have put "righties" in quotes.

They conned Rubio into joining the other 7 morons who were in charge of "amnesty" so that conservatarians would stop supporting him. It worked as Rubio started losing a lot of favor with his base after helping to author some of that crap. I think he finally figured out that he was being schnuckered and has since distanced himself from the resulting proposed legislation.

Point is, Republicans can be pretty cut throat as they're smiling at you. And I'm not sure I'd classify Dick Cheney as a "gentlemen" unless he's in public. He's a ruthless fowl mouthed SOB when he thinks the mike is off.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    And I'm not sure I'd classify Dick Cheney as a "gentlemen" unless he's in public. He's a ruthless fowl mouthed SOB when he thinks the mike is off.

And he'll shoot you in the face when you ain't lookin.:shoot:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    BS. What is the ratio of criminal knife attack casualties vs firearms casualties? Pick any country you want for knife homicides, and compare that to gun homicides in the US. Go on.

BTW, this isn't a left vs right red herring argument; it's reality vs myths.
    I really don't know what your post has to do with the gist of the post that I made but I will try to humor you anyway.

I believe many more people are killed with blunt instruments like a hammer. So what's your point?

My point is why should a firearm be singled out for banning any more than any other tool that is used to commit a violent crime?

Last edited:

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    The point I'm trying to make is that every time there's a shooting and someone uses it as a case for gun control, we always say they're politicizing a tragedy and chastise them for it. OP is doing the exact same thing but the other way. I'd rather see pro-gunners like us be better than that.

So you would rather lose the argument and possibly the war to not use the same tactics?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom