• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abrewer15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Elkhart, Indiana
    I am a big follower of the idea that CC is the way to go. My thought process is that if the BG knows you have a gun you may be dead before anything happens. Though, sometimes, I will carry using a OWB paddle holster...however, I have my shirts conceal the fact.

Yesterday I had to go to a bridal store with my wife to get fitted for a tux....my best friend is getting married. As I was waiting to get measured I mentioned to my wife that I should've left my gun in the car for this specific occasion because I was afraid it would get in the way of my measurements and cause for an awkward moment.

IT DID.

All my measurements went well until the last one...the girl politely asked me to move 'my phone'. I paused for a second and then told her that it was in fact my hand gun. I told her that I would remove it and put it in my wife's purse if that was ok. She said it was but her face told a different story. She was beet red and stared my glock down as I gave it to my wife. It passed and I left right after but it did cause for an awkward moment.

Anyone else ever have a similar situation?

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I am a big follower of the idea that CC is the way to go. My thought process is that if the BG knows you have a gun you may be dead before anything happens. Though, sometimes, I will carry using a OWB paddle holster...however, I have my shirts conceal the fact.

Yesterday I had to go to a bridal store with my wife to get fitted for a tux....my best friend is getting married. As I was waiting to get measured I mentioned to my wife that I should've left my gun in the car for this specific occasion because I was afraid it would get in the way of my measurements and cause for an awkward moment.

IT DID.

All my measurements went well until the last one...the girl politely asked me to move 'my phone'. I paused for a second and then told her that it was in fact my hand gun. I told her that I would remove it and put it in my wife's purse if that was ok. She said it was but her face told a different story. She was beet red and stared my glock down as I gave it to my wife. It passed and I left right after but it did cause for an awkward moment.

Anyone else ever have a similar situation?

Poor lady was scared of a gun without a frame mounted safety:D

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Should have told her just to measure around it. That way the pants are not too tight for the IWB holster. Of course a tux just screams shoulder holster.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Had to take my pea shooter out once to dig out some money under it for the c store clerk. Apologised in advance, but niether ome of us cared for it too much. The clerk knew me, or I'd have made an escuse and gone out to the car. Taught me that if I was gonna pocket carry to make sure the weapon was the ONLY thing in my pocket.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If she's a rabid anti, expect your tux to be 2 sizes to small.

Call me paranoid, and I hope she doesn't pull such a stunt, but some anti's go a little out of bounds when they have a chance to burn us.

I can hear her excuse already: "I was so upset at the sight of an evil gun that I must have written down the wrong measurements for the inseam".

Better test out the fit when you pick it up. Otherwise your pants might be a little short.

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    You should have had her include it in the measurements. You wouldn't want the tux to be too tight. Wait, you aren't considering going to a wedding unarmed... Are you??? ;)

Fireaxes

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Wabash County
    I had a few interesting things happen back in my dating days.

The girl was probably nervous because she heard about Glocks blowing up by themselves.

john0286

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Things like this tend to happen, I tend to avoid them by leaving it in the car when someone's going to have their hands on my hips and pockets.

abrewer15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Elkhart, Indiana
    You should have had her include it in the measurements. You wouldn't want the tux to be too tight. Wait, you aren't considering going to a wedding unarmed... Are you??? ;)

No sir. I am going to use my shoulder strap holster. My wife asked me why I felt the need to carry at a wedding....you just never know when the groom is gonna realize the mistake he is about to make and snap haha

randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    A bit off topic, but the history of the best man was to provide protection to the groom. FYI I carry at weddings :-) Almost went to court once and seen the metal detectors at the doors and smiling at the baliff (He knows me) said "Be right back" and put my gun in the car. When i came back he just laughed and said it happens all the time.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    my grandfathers suits are all let out for shoulder holsters. He was manager of a suit store here in sb called gilberts, so i doubt they gave him any trouble though.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I just wish I had a nickle for every time a bad guy saw my gun and I was dead before anything happened.

Heck, I was even shot dead once while getting fitted for a tux at a bridal store. ;)

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Something similar happened to me when a store clerk was taking some measurements for the purpose of ordering me a new motorcycle jacket. I had to remove my jacket so he could get an accurate chest measurement, which exposed the holstered XD40 SC on my waist. I wasn't sure what kind of reaction to expect.

He just asked me what kinda of gun I was carrying, and after telling him what is was he told me he had just gotten an XD of his own, but hadn't had a chance to shoot it yet :):

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Most awkward moment for me was when I went in to get an MRI and I had no idea what an MRI was.

Nurse told me to remove all of my metal objects & place them on a table ...

Yea I warned her not to freak out or anything but that didn't seem to calm her down at all, thankfully the deputies who responded were pretty cool about it.

68kidd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hanover
    I was dating a woman who knew that have permits to carry . I had CC'd at her house several times without a problem. Then the one time i take it off and she sees it she asks me to take it to my car. . We talked about it and she said that i could bring it in a few days later.

Top Bottom