• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Anti-gun people or not...i dont care. But why should anyone bash the gun that I carry? Especially anyone on these boards. We are all here for the same reason...to spread our love of the second amendment and the pride of owning and carrying a gun. Yes I own a Glock. Yes I love it. You don't? That is ok, I may not appreciate the love of the handgun that you own...but guess what?

I still appreciate your decision to carry.

Glock...Ruger...Taurus....Kimber...Springfield...I might not like your decision but I still applaud your decision to own, carry, conceal, shoot, put in a paper bag.

My gun might be plastic...but you won't be complaining when it saves your life.
    calm down dillinger, i was only joshin. I too have a plastic gun that i love :)

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Yup, Mens Wearhouse which I believe is gun-friendly, but the employees may not necessarily be used to seeing guns.

Anyways, went to get fitted. The girl was doing my waste measurement. I can't recall exactly how it all started but I think she asked if I had something on my belt etc. Then she mentioned that maybe I wanted the measurement inside of that object? I said that would probably be a good idea. So I lifted my shirt, gun stayed in the holster, and she just slid the tape between the grip and my side. Afterwards, the tape caught on the grip and she said, "Uh... its kind of caught on uh... your uh... thing".

It gave me a chuckle but I do give her props for not announcing to the whole store that I was carrying a firearm by saying it was caught on my gun.

LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    I once met some friends for Karaoke at a bar, cc with an IWB. No problems until I went up to sing, and a drunk chick at the bar came up and started dancing with me. Still no real problem until she started touching me, and actually tried to pull up my shirt. Not wanting everyone to see my sidearm, I tried to nonchalantly slap her hands away and pulled my shirt back down. After the song, she went and sat back down with her friends at the other table. Don't think she realized I was carrying, but once or twice during the night I noticed she was shooting me dirty looks.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Indy East Side
    IWB while trying on suit

Same thing happened to me when I was trying on a suit jacket and vest (pants already fitted) for my brother's wedding. The brides ex-husband is a NUT!!! I wanted to make sure the vest would cover the IWB holster carrying my 1911. The guy kinda looked at it(pistol) and me funny but didn't make any comments. A little uncomfortable.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I'm not a guy and haven't ever been fitted for a tux, but I do have to give my Doc props for not mentioned anything the other day when I was in for a blood pressure check.

I left my gun in the truck but kept the holster on for a couple reasons. I had a jacket on with a tight t-shirt over my OWB holster. Since it was a blood pressure check I just figured we'd have a chat about my numbers and that would be all. No, he wants to listen to my lungs and chest along with get another blood pressure reading without my jacket between the cuff and my arm. So I have to take my jacket off and get up on the table. The holster was making a big imprint under my t-shirt. He never said a word and I know there is no way he didn't see it.

I'm not sure I could see a gun and not mention it or react. I can't think of a single time I've seen someone OC or tell that they were CC where I live, unless it's a LEO or re-tired LEO.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Things like this tend to happen, I tend to avoid them by leaving it in the car when someone's going to have their hands on my hips and pockets.

Sure, but how can you plan for that in advance? :rockwoot:

I would ask if they have a shoulder holster that matches the cummerbund. I might also say something about being an international man of mystery....

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    What did you think her reaction would be when you whipped your GLOCK out in front of her, might have been the first one she had ever seen?!?

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    No need to leave your gun in the car. They should be treated just like anything else you are leagally allowed to have on you. Even alot of us gun owners place too much attention to our firearms. I treat mine like it is just a normal everyday thing.

GeneralCarver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    I am a big follower of the idea that CC is the way to go. My thought process is that if the BG knows you have a gun you may be dead before anything happens. Though, sometimes, I will carry using a OWB paddle holster...however, I have my shirts conceal the fact.

Yesterday I had to go to a bridal store with my wife to get fitted for a tux....my best friend is getting married. As I was waiting to get measured I mentioned to my wife that I should've left my gun in the car for this specific occasion because I was afraid it would get in the way of my measurements and cause for an awkward moment.

IT DID.

All my measurements went well until the last one...the girl politely asked me to move 'my phone'. I paused for a second and then told her that it was in fact my hand gun. I told her that I would remove it and put it in my wife's purse if that was ok. She said it was but her face told a different story. She was beet red and stared my glock down as I gave it to my wife. It passed and I left right after but it did cause for an awkward moment.

Anyone else ever have a similar situation?

AH! Feel it brother! Feel the rejection! And get use to it. Now you have one more experience under your belt to make your more mature/stronger. Not everyone in society is going to "poo poo" you for carrying a gun, but we can't let the people who freak out keep us from exercising our rights. Its not all that confortable, but its really not all that bad is it? Its bearable.

What I'm more concerned about here in this sutuation is how your Glock is feeling. Oh you didn't even think about asking it did you? You said it got "Stared down" by her as you moved it to your wife's purse. Man, your so self centered. Better go have a little one on one with your little plastic pal and make sure his self esteem is o.k. You know, assure him that there are people who appreciate him for all his target blasting, bad guy killing potential.

Top Bottom