Awaiting permit, looking for M&P 45 holster?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LS!&*DUBB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    While I'm waiting for my lifetime permit to return I'm shopping for an M&P 45 (4 1/2 inch barrel) holster. I've Never had a permit or carried so I have no reference point to guide my purchase. What are the advantages and disadvantages of IWB and OWB? Does anyone have a manufacturer recommendation for an IWB and OWB holster. The only thing I'm set on is that the trigger must be protected in the holster and I'm a southpaw.

Chaddeous

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Laporte, Indiana 46350
    While I'm waiting for my lifetime permit to return I'm shopping for an M&P 45 (4 1/2 inch barrel) holster. I've Never had a permit or carried so I have no reference point to guide my purchase. What are the advantages and disadvantages of IWB and OWB? Does anyone have a manufacturer recommendation for an IWB and OWB holster. The only thing I'm set on is that the trigger must be protected in the holster and I'm a southpaw.

Fobus makes a nice Locking Holster for the M&P45 for like $60!!! It is called a Blackhawk!

Brandan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    West Side
    This will answer your original question I think. Let me know if it helps please.

This is my personal opinion. I am 125lbs, and 5'3", so anything bigger than a Kel-tec is "noticeable" on me, but anywho. . . . IWB is typically more concealable, but I find it to be slightly less comfortable. OWB is very, very comfortable and it allows me to carry on my hip when I have a tucked in, dress shirt on (i.e. after work/evenings).

Here are typically days for me.
    *Mon-Friday OWB in public under my jacket (very comfortable and easy to get to)
    *Mon-Friday pocket holster to and from work (easy to grab as I am heading out the door in the morning, and fits in the glove compartment easily)
    *Sat-Sunday (or any other time in street clouths) IWB under my most outter layer of clouthing.

Top Bottom