• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Actually the kids come out of a different place than "crap" does. This may explain the gay marriage debate confusion to those on the left side of said debate. Hmmm. Maybe we do need more sex ed in schools...

Hetero's use that different place to. How many of them stand in judgement of gays?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Actually the kids come out of a different place than "crap" does. This may explain the gay marriage debate confusion to those on the left side of said debate. Maybe we do need more sex ed in schools...??

I know where kids come from but when people have kids to have kids and they can't afford them and don't really ever take care of them...they are basically just taking a :poop:.

More sex education in schools would be a great idea but, at least at my school, the church-goers threw a bit of a fit thinking they should be the ones to teach their kids...and then never did.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I know where kids come from but when people have kids to have kids and they can't afford them and don't really ever take care of them...they are basically just taking a :poop:.

More sex education in schools would be a great idea but, at least at my school, the church-goers threw a bit of a fit thinking they should be the ones to teach their kids...and then never did.

Meh...even dogs figure the sex part out without having to go to school. Unfortunately, what we don't teach is the responsibilities of our kids's decisions...I'd say that's probably because somebody got upset because they thought the teacher was trying to force their values onto their future welfare mothers or dead-beat dads.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Meh...even dogs figure the sex part out without having to go to school. Unfortunately, what we don't teach is the responsibilities of our kids's decisions...I'd say that's probably because somebody got upset because they thought the teacher was trying to force their values onto their future welfare mothers or dead-beat dads.

That is a huge part of my problem with people having so many kids they don't seem to want to take care of past age 5. I've met quite a few really decent kids that ended up being decent kids because people took an interest in them, they weren't getting that at home.

As far as the forcing of values onto children, all parents do that. If you're not going to teach decent values, maybe people shouldn't worry too much if someone else wants to step up and do the job.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    As usual, a diversionary argument, not in response to the question. If all moral systems are solely the creatures of man, why should one hold any more moral sway than the other. Dawkins just states his preferences, and avoids that question also. I could just as easily say, "read the Bible." Would you take that as a valid response?

Morals, generosity, or altruism..."being nice to one another" is a Darwinian process.

Jim Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    If they are "fairy tales" then both are created by men. If you believe that, then why should one have any more sway than the other?

Dang....

Kind of thought the question might have been addressed, but I guess not.

I'll tune in again later.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Richard Dawkins is a hoot. He is a great Evangelist for the Church of Atheism, (Blessed be our Saint Darwin with the longest unprovable theory in the scientific community.)

It appears Dawkins is a follower of "The Ancient Astronauts Theory." Quite the thinker he is. That accent just makes him sound so darn smart! I can see why people blindly follow him. Atheism (tends) to ignore science, history and allows no free thinking but they sure can produce some major clouds of "smug."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyT_AOtwHa4

Wow, the amount of fail here is thick. Dawkins stated ancient astronauts is possible...as is intelligent design. What this chopped up video DOESN'T show you is when he says that while they are possible, he has not yet seen evidence to make them true. Then again, I imagine you actually reading a book he authored, or Sam Harris, Christopher Hitchens, or Carl Sagan would be unlikely. I find it hard to imagine that you stated "Atheists tend to ignore science" and said that with a straight face. Um, riiiight.

You'd be better off watching a non-biased debate.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD1QHO_AVZA[/ame]

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Here we go with what has happened here many times before. Someone decides to shut down the conversation with comments they think will close the thread.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Religions are fairy tales. Laws are created by man in order to allow us to live in social societies as peacefully as possible.

To what end? Laws also restrict many that might achieve great wealth, power, and pleasure by exploiting other humans to lives of relative obscurity and even poverty in some situations. Why should the strongest and most capable of people not be permitted to mold society in any manner that they see fit, instead of being beholden to the rule of law?

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    Impure thoughts are a sin. As much as I try not to have impure thoughts about women other than my wife, I fail. I deserve the same judgement as a gay person. Once I purify myself, I'll stand judgement over them.

I hope you don't try to force your failings on the rest of us like many gays try to do. Sinning is not the problem in question-trying to force their way of sinning on the general public, as their "right" is where I have a problem . I don't try to justify my sins -I know they are wrong and try to do better-why do they think their sins are not wrong? Should all sins be legalized? Do the rapists and liars and thieves,etc get a free pass by saying they can't help themselves? I hope not.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Impure thoughts are a sin. As much as I try not to have impure thoughts about women other than my wife, I fail. I deserve the same judgement as a gay person. Once I purify myself, I'll stand judgement over them.

I hope you don't try to force your failings on the rest of us like many gays try to do. Sinning is not the problem in question-trying to force their way of sinning on the general public, as their "right" is where I have a problem . I don't try to justify my sins -I know they are wrong and try to do better-why do they think their sins are not wrong? Should all sins be legalized? Do the rapists and liars and thieves,etc get a free pass by saying they can't help themselves? I hope not.

If gay marriage is legalized, you'll have to get a divorce and marry a dude.

2 adults consenting to each other doesn't create a victim. Raping and stealing does.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

They do not think they are sins. Does it matter if they are sins to you or me? Have they damaged or injured you in anyway? If so, why have you not filed suit against them for your injuries.

Most, I assume most of them just want the same rights as a couple that a man and a woman have

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    A lot of corruption and deviancy leads people to think that way. There is plenty of each from churches big and small and of many denominations.

Yeah it's a shame that the message that these places seeks to spread is befouled by imperfect mortals.

To dismiss the message because the lack of perfect adherence by mere humans is unreasonable.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    To what end? Laws also restrict many that might achieve great wealth, power, and pleasure by exploiting other humans to lives of relative obscurity and even poverty in some situations. Why should the strongest and most capable of people not be permitted to mold society in any manner that they see fit, instead of being beholden to the rule of law?

Altruism is innate in humans (obviously there are exceptions).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom