• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Again, apples to watermelons. Out of 5 examples you have given so far, you weren't even in the ballpark with four and way out in left field on one.

Just remembered another one. The Dixie Chicks. Did radio stations refuse to play their music? Did people hold events to drive bulldozers over their cd's? Their was a clear goal of destroying the Dixie Chicks professionally.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Just remembered another one. The Dixie Chicks. Did radio stations refuse to play their music? Did people hold events to drive bulldozers over their cd's? Their was a clear goal of destroying the Dixie Chicks professionally.

Did a Mayor of a major city tell them they couldn't play venues in his city because they didn't reflect his city's values?

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sorry, we weren't discussing the many ways in which humans fail to live up to the ideals they aspire to, we were discussing the history (or lack thereof) of "gay marriage" relative to the thousands of years of history of "marriage" being between a man and a woman.

We can continue to discuss "rights", but let's not confuse the notion of "gay rights" with the notion that it's okay to redefine "marriage" so that a tiny percentage of the world population won't have their feelings hurt at the expense of the rest of us having to change our beliefs, convictions, and habits of thought.

You may believe it's righteous to deny the rest of us our beliefs based on religious convictions or other rationales, but your idea that people don't want "gay marriage" because they're afraid it lower the divorce rate is just silly. The folks who don't want traditional marriage made equivalent to the "gay marriage" don't generally favor divorce, either.

Who says you have to change your beliefs, convictions, or habits of thought?

Two gay guys being married has nothing to do with you, your marriage, your beliefs, or any of that. You just want to stop them from having the same thing as you.

I am not religious but I am married, does that somehow negatively effect your "church" marriage?

Why shouldn't gays be allowed to get married same as I did? Doesn't have to be in YOUR church, but as long as the .gov is involved in marriage (they are because they issue you the certificate) two consenting adults should not be barred from something others can freely do.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Probably not. But many here seem to take issue with the media reporting this story as well.

From what I understand, not having seen the original interview, Cathy's original statement was made to a religious publication in response to a direct question. This response was then picked up by some other media source and fanned into flames. As I said, I LIKE Chik-fil-A, so I would have bought their stuff regardless, but that it let me make a statement against those who would attempt to mandate what I may think or believe was just icing on the brownie, so to speak.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I say if we're going to do it, why not legalize all other forms of deviancy. If I am no longer allowed to judge the sin (not the person) of homosexuality, then how can I stand in judgement of any other?

But now you want to impose YOUR morals and what you consider deviant on others.

Besides no one ever said YOU wouldn't be allowed to judge anyone. If it is against your moral beliefs then fine, but as long as the govt is involved they should not be legislating on just a certain populations beliefs.

Besides I am not sure that churches really should be used as the measuring stick of morality these days.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Today, this photo has been popping up.

315420_451995038156535_1736333236_n.jpg

I responded with this:

You know, just because people are waiting in line doesn't mean they are not helping others. There is so many worth while charities to support that many do (either financially or physically). Just speaking from my church, we have been to New Orleans many times, Nashville, Tuscaloosa and this year I lead a small group to help out the people of Henryville, IN on a Saturday. Many in my church help out at the light house mission by serving food or buying food and preparing it. We also volunteer with Habitat for Humanity, SAWs (Servants at Work) building ramps for people who can't afford them. Many help with Samaritans Purse's Operation Christmas Child on top of rebuilding mission trips. There is also others who go to nursing homes to visit the people there. If people can't physically do stuff, many donate money. I will leave you with a photo I took in Henryville. At first there was about 12 of us working on this property. By noon there was over 100 of us! We were doing things from picking up bricks, looking for personal belonging to walking the fields so the property owners could rebuild their fences to bring their cattle back.

Then, just last week, that hate monger Glenn Beck inspired thousands of people to lend their support.

Updating: Thousands serve in Dallas, TX on Restoring Love’s “Day of Service” – Glenn Beck

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    There are quite a few great authors that explore this very topic. This is one of the best.

books.jpg

Richard Dawkins is a hoot. He is a great Evangelist for the Church of Atheism, (Blessed be our Saint Darwin with the longest unprovable theory in the scientific community.)

It appears Dawkins is a follower of "The Ancient Astronauts Theory." Quite the thinker he is. That accent just makes him sound so darn smart! I can see why people blindly follow him. Atheism (tends) to ignore science, history and allows no free thinking but they sure can produce some major clouds of "smug."

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyT_AOtwHa4[/ame]

Last edited:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Exactly. Who am I to judge gay people and tell them what they can and can't do?

There's judgment, and there's Judgment. We're allowed to do the first, but we're all subject to the second (whether we believe it or not.)

Even getting away from the Judeo-Christian morality upon which our laws have been based, there are some good Humanistic reasons why homosexuality is a negative survival trait that shouldn't be encouraged.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    That's fine. Other churches may choose differently.

Exactly, and thats why we need to defend the constitution at all cost, to allow everyone to have their own voice, and find a place where they are welcomed without fear!

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Today, this photo has been popping up.

315420_451995038156535_1736333236_n.jpg

That picture is nonsense. We have seen the results of Occupy Wall Street. Nothing but rape, trash, theft, filth, and lies. Yet, when a conservative speaks up, the Left responds with empty ridicule and criticism.

Many, many Christians do good works in the shadows, bringing food, hope and love to those in need. In our church, we follow the concept of being humble, while serving others. It is not about giving glory to ourselves. It is about giving Glory to, and Serving God. And it is not just lip service. Year round, we feed the poor, fix up houses for those in need, visit those in prison. We also provide a free community picnic along with free clothing and groceries, to a poor neighborhood. All that with a congregation of only 120 people.

Some of us drove a long way, on 01 Aug to eat at Chick-fil-A. It was an opportunity to stand up for a "little guy" against the liberal mass media. If a protester had been there, we would have bought him dinner and wished him or her well.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    There's judgment, and there's Judgment. We're allowed to do the first, but we're all subject to the second (whether we believe it or not.)

Even getting away from the Judeo-Christian morality upon which our laws have been based, there are some good Humanistic reasons why homosexuality is a negative survival trait that shouldn't be encouraged.

Impure thoughts are a sin. As much as I try not to have impure thoughts about women other than my wife, I fail. I deserve the same judgement as a gay person. Once I purify myself, I'll stand judgement over them.

As far as survival, I don't think we're going to be an extinct species any time soon.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Impure thoughts are a sin. As much as I try not to have impure thoughts about women other than my wife, I fail. I deserve the same judgement as a gay person. Once I purify myself, I'll stand judgement over them.

As far as survival, I don't think we're going to be an extinct species any time soon.

Not with the way idiots crap out far more kids than they can afford.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom