• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I'm gonna throw myself into the mix for this event. Sounds like it could be a great experience. Unfortunately, I will have to reserve the right to bail if certain things come up, but I am planning to be there.

I will be bringing:

Marlin Model 60
    Winchester 30-30
    XD-45
    .22 Ruger Single Six
    Rossi .38 special
    Hipoint C-9 (don't start)

Don't know if we'll be doing anything with shotguns but I'd like to bring a 12ga Mossberg 500 tactical and an old 12ga Savage single shot as well.

I'll have a fair amount of .22, .45acp, 9mm, and .38special. My supply of 12ga will be all 2 3/4" target loads. My supply of 30-30 is a little light.

If I didn't want others to shoot it, I wouldn't bring it. As far as ammo goes, a few test shots is no big deal. Anything beyond that and I'm sure we can figure out a way to be fair with each other.

I also have a nearly full box of clays and a hand-held launcher that I will bring.

What exactly should I bring for targets? Do I need to buy a specific kind of cardboard target or will this be available on site? I have various smaller paper targets and of course there's tons that can be printed on line. Just let me know.

I've never been to Crosley before so I am unfamiliar with the conditions there. Is it pretty informal? How does it compare to something like Atterbery before it was rebuilt? Just curious.

JML

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Southside
    What exactly should I bring for targets? Do I need to buy a specific kind of cardboard target or will this be available on site? I have various smaller paper targets and of course there's tons that can be printed on line. Just let me know.

I always just take the adhesive backed targets just because their quick and easy.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The boy and I were at Crossley yesterday. They were completely out of cardboard. I usually keep some in the truck so no big deal. If you have cardboard to hang targets then bring it. If not I should have enough in the garage. Paper targets and staple guns are a great thing. So, plan on bringing both.

There is a place to shoot shotgun as well. If we wanted to take a thrower we could pop some clays.

JML

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Southside
    Thanks.

What about the cardboard? Do I need to bring that?

Have you been to Crosley before?

Yes i usually go to Crosley about every other week. I'd much rather shoot there than atterbery. If you have any cardboard laying around you might as well bring it.But by the time the 14th gets here im sure theyll be new or newer cardboard out there.

JML

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Southside
    If anyone wants to shoot some clays i could provide the thrower and clays.I still have boxes and boxes of clays but i haven't shot much skeet for the past year or 2.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Yes i usually go to Crosley about every other week. I'd much rather shoot there than atterbery. If you have any cardboard laying around you might as well bring it.But by the time the 14th gets here im sure theyll be new or newer cardboard out there.

If anyone wants to shoot some clays i could provide the thrower and clays.I still have boxes and boxes of clays but i haven't shot much skeet for the past year or 2.

Thanks for the info. I'll try to get some cardboard just in case. Its been ages since I did any skeet shooting. But I remember it being a great time. I don't want to interfere with any of the group activities, but I'd love to try it again.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Ok so you talked me into it. I'll pack a shotgun. I have an SX2 that I have shot a total of 6 times. Probably won't hit anything but it will be fun to poke holes in the air.

Also looks like the AR needs to come out of the safe. Heck it needs cleaned anyway some I might as well let people run some rounds through her.

U.S., with all the guns that are going to be running around...has anyone given thought to how we are going to secure them all? Not worried about the INGOers but this is a public range. Everybody might keep this in mind as they plan what goodies are going in the trunk.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Ok so you talked me into it. I'll pack a shotgun. I have an SX2 that I have shot a total of 6 times. Probably won't hit anything but it will be fun to poke holes in the air.

Also looks like the AR needs to come out of the safe. Heck it needs cleaned anyway some I might as well let people run some rounds through her.

U.S., with all the guns that are going to be running around...has anyone given thought to how we are going to secure them all? Not worried about the INGOers but this is a public range. Everybody might keep this in mind as they plan what goodies are going in the trunk.

As I said earlier, I've never been there. How close is the parking area to where we will be shooting?

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus

I'm going to only get so many out at a time, then change out. That way I do not have to many out at one time. If someone has to run to their car or whatever, then one us can keep an eye on their stuff. That would probably work out best I would think.

JML

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Southside
    As I said earlier, I've never been there. How close is the parking area to where we will be shooting?

When your shooting at the stationary target range you would be around 50-150 feet from your vehicle. When i shoot skeet my thrower fits into the hitch on my truck so i just lay whatever shotguns im not using in the bed of the truck.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    When your shooting at the stationary target range you would be around 50-150 feet from your vehicle. When i shoot skeet my thrower fits into the hitch on my truck so i just lay whatever shotguns im not using in the bed of the truck.

That doesn't seem to me like much of a problem. Besides, if I were going to try to steal firearms, the range would be the last place I would want to do it. I guess most criminals are idiots though.

JML

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Southside
    Yea i haven't really seen any idiots down at Crosley.Just about everyone i've come across down there has their stuff together.There's no range officers or any of that.But i think Crosley is alot safer than atterbery. The few times i've visited Atterbery i've had some dummy point their gun at me on "accident" because they didn't know what the hell they were doing.So i gave up going there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom