• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Note to those attending for the first time: The signs at the front are clearly marked that no loaded firearms are present inside. A surprise to me that this meant magazines must be empty also, as the particular *penis-cranium* cop at the front rudely stripped the rounds out and condescendingly informed me, "Unloaded means unloaded. That's how people get killed."

I wish I had thought to reply "Oh.. then I suppose yours is empty, too, then?" because after all, if cartridges in a magazine in someone's pocket and a zip-tied gun get people killed, I'm certain that rounds actually in contact with a functional firearm would easily wipe out the whole room... :rolleyes:

To be clear here, I don't take issue with him doing his job and ensuring that all firearms are cleared. I take issue with him (or anyone) doing the job condescendingly and rudely. I can't do that at my job (I doubt many of us can, unless we own our own businesses) and I don't take kindly to it being done to me. It's just as easy to explain: "Sir, I'll need for you to remove the rounds and leave them here or take them to your vehicle, please."

The officer who was there when I left was much more civil in adding the reminder, "Next time, keep 'em separate, OK?"

Is that so difficult?

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Note to those attending for the first time: The signs at the front are clearly marked that no loaded firearms are present inside. A surprise to me that this meant magazines must be empty also, as the particular *penis-cranium* cop at the front rudely stripped the rounds out and condescendingly informed me, "Unloaded means unloaded. That's how people get killed."

I wish I had thought to reply "Oh.. then I suppose yours is empty, too, then?" because after all, if cartridges in a magazine in someone's pocket and a zip-tied gun get people killed, I'm certain that rounds actually in contact with a functional firearm would easily wipe out the whole room... :rolleyes:

To be clear here, I don't take issue with him doing his job and ensuring that all firearms are cleared. I take issue with him (or anyone) doing the job condescendingly and rudely. I can't do that at my job (I doubt many of us can, unless we own our own businesses) and I don't take kindly to it being done to me. It's just as easy to explain: "Sir, I'll need for you to remove the rounds and leave them here or take them to your vehicle, please."

The officer who was there when I left was much more civil in adding the reminder, "Next time, keep 'em separate, OK?"

Is that so difficult?

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

I always pull my loaded mag out and put it in my pocket. I have never had them ask me about the magazine.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I know in South Bend (at the fairgrounds)they had a sign up that any ammo found would be confiscated, and they did.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I did ask them to cut the tie on my way out and they refused and told me to do it once I got back to my car.

I cut it and reloaded as soon as I stepped out of the building.

Yup, they weren't cutting them off, but I just pulled the loop back off the tie. I hate using a knife cause I know I'll do something stupid and scratch my gun. :n00b:

JC PAINT WORKZ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    kinda pissed me off cause im a smoker and it took me about 4 hours to walk through the show and i went out about 4 times and they put a band on my gun 4 times.. wtf you really thing it takes 4 bands... he sais we have to do it each time.. i said dude the first one was good enough... so when the next guy walked through I said u better put 4 on his cause he was smoking too :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Coppers didn't give me any crap about emptying my mags. Bought a few goodies, and finally found the grail I've been looking for for a few months: Lee .45 ACP dies!! Only a 3 die set, but it's better than nothing. I can easily pick up a taper crimp after next check, when I'll be picking up bullets and primers. Glory be... I've not been able to find the darn dies anywhere. Also found .45 ACP Lee Loader kit, which I really want because they are handy, packable, and portable, but by that time we'd spent our limit. Cathy went wandering off, came back, and surprised me with a neat looking set of fake ivory USAF grips, which look great on my gun. I bought her a pair of laser engraved rosewood grips with a mustang (the horse, that is, her school mascot) for her .45. Also look great. Pics later in another thread. Picked up a couple of very cheap but functional chinese knives, including an Elk Ridge bone handled knife with a neat blade shape that feels really nice in my hands. A few Berry's Manufacturing .45 ACP ammo boxes, a couple bumper stickers, and that pretty much competed our purchases. We actually couldn't afford any of it, but I drew my first full paycheck from a regular, permanent full time job since the beginning of the year yesterday, and Cathy decided to let us treat ourselves :) Met Fenway at the INGO table, met Jay wandering the show, think I saw Scutter when I did another pass by the table, but he was putting prices on things and didn't look up :(. Prices are, for the most part, becoming reasonable again. Couple of folks longing for the "good ole days" with things like $16 bricks of .22s with asking prices of $25, and still asking too much for primers, but getting sane again.

Oh, and either Cathy or I won an Olympic Arms AR15 from the Marine Corps League. We just have to wait until tomorrow for them to make it official and pick the right tickets :D

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I bought a ticket today, and they said the drawing was at 3:00pm today.:popcorn:

I also got to meet Fenway, and another Ingo member who's user name escapes me(sorry). Both seem like genuinely nice guys. Picked up one of each of the Ingo gear.great looking stuff. :yesway:

I picked up a new Fobus holster for my two J-frames (.357&.327) :D

And, I picked up a few LARGE ammo cans, in great shape, for $15@:rockwoot:

I got a Colt 1903 .32 mag for a friend.:yesway:

Ammo was STILL too high, and I didn't need any more firearms( right now).

All in all, it was a pretty good "fun-show".

That said, the BEST deal I got today was a half hour before I got to the show. I met another :ingo: member, (cue7467 +1 to you!) for a FTF and I got a sealed spam can of 7.62x39 Russian (640 rnds) for $160! WAY better price than inside the show. :yesway:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Oh, and either Cathy or I won an Olympic Arms AR15 from the Marine Corps League. We just have to wait until tomorrow for them to make it official and pick the right tickets :D

I've never won their raffle yet, so now I usually just give them $20 and tell them to either keep the tickets or give them to someone they think deserves a free chance to win a rifle.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    It's 4:30 and I haven't gotten a call yet. I can only assume they like to wait a little bit to call LOL.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I showed up late on Sunday and had a good time at the show. I did feel like a loser because I couldn't convince any of my friends to go so I flew solo. I ended up meeting gunruner, ran into Shooter521 on the way in and shook his hand. I only had two hours to closing time and didn't find any deals. Until is stumbled into Gamez235 's territory and found the 21st Century booth. He hooked me up with a good deal on Magpul P-mags. Cheaper than I've ever seen them! Scored a good deal on jerky but went home without any new toys. Sad panda!

Top Bottom