Aug. '09 Indy 1500: Cool and/or Unusual Finds or Deals?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    I sold the savage 93v17, sold the FAL, and got a RRA ar-15, one booth had ar's for $700 out the door for ingo members, and then I made an offer to a gentleman on a 1903 Colt .32acp pocket hammerless that had been reblued, so the collectible value wasn't high.

While the 1903 and 1903/8 colt pocket hammerless pistols are about the footprint of my g33, they are half as wide, and some of the finest shooting pistols I've ever fired. I should know, I have a 1903/8 .380......:) I hope I get a call or email

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Just saw this and am curious... What time did you go? Finding a stainless Single Six was the main objective of my journey to the 1500. Went both Saturday and Sunday mornings and didn't see anything but two over priced new ones. So I ended up spending my money on some other stuff (see my next post). What barrel length? If your ever interested in parting with it, gimmie a buzz! Congrats though... great find.

Plainfield Shooting Supplies had it. They took it in on trade, so they might have done that in between the times you were at the show. However, they did not tell me if they obtained it at the show or not. It was not located with their single action guns. It was among the used guns, and was the only single action, so it may have been hard to spot. I think I spotted it just because I was spending so much time coming back to look at their Cimarron guns.

It will be awhile until I part with this thing. I took it out the other night and shot about 100 rounds through it. I think it might be the most fun gun in my safe! I shot shorts, long rifle, and magnums. It was equally fun with each.

Keep looking. I'm almost sure I've seen others from time to time around town. Fort Liberty in Avon had a blued Single Six a couple weeks ago. They might still have it.

glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    RRA

I sold the savage 93v17, sold the FAL, and got a RRA ar-15, one booth had ar's for $700 out the door for ingo members, and then I made an offer to a gentleman on a 1903 Colt .32acp pocket

I sorry I missed the show because I would have picked up one of the RRA for that. Who was it that had them for that price?

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    Plainfield Shooting Supplies had it. They took it in on trade, so they might have done that in between the times you were at the show. However, they did not tell me if they obtained it at the show or not. It was not located with their single action guns. It was among the used guns, and was the only single action, so it may have been hard to spot. I think I spotted it just because I was spending so much time coming back to look at their Cimarron guns.

It will be awhile until I part with this thing. I took it out the other night and shot about 100 rounds through it. I think it might be the most fun gun in my safe! I shot shorts, long rifle, and magnums. It was equally fun with each.

Keep looking. I'm almost sure I've seen others from time to time around town. Fort Liberty in Avon had a blued Single Six a couple weeks ago. They might still have it.

One of these days I'll find one... Seems like I'm always in the wrong place at the wrong time. That sure is a good deal though!

paintball_addiction

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    184   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    SW of Indy
    I missed out on an individual selling a Mini 14. It looked like it was in great shape. I asked him later what he sold it for. He said he sold the Mini-14 and a Hi Point .40cal carbine to the guy for $525 total! The Mini alone was worth that.

js_silveradoss

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
    I got a $325 Glock. It was dirty but cleaned up nice!:rockwoot: To any one who got one, check it for the NY1 trigger mod. Mine has it and made the trigger weight 8 lbs!!:ugh: I couldn't hit the side of a barn it was soooooo hard to pull! Got replacement parts on way with tactal trigger set up for 3.5 lbs. Can't wait for it to get here!:draw:

Top Bottom