• ...and so much more!
  • TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Too close for comfort
    For the 2nd time today, I've had to 'mute' whatever audio begins playing when I have the Gen Pol sub-forum open in a tab; any idea why this is occurring? It's looong and annoying

1719719095509.png

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    What audio seems to be playing? Is it possible you have a setting on your browser setup to auto play video (and associated audio)?

When you go to the tab with the audio playing take a look at everything on the page and see if any of the videos are playing.

Just a thought.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    For the 2nd time today, I've had to 'mute' whatever audio begins playing when I have the Gen Pol sub-forum open in a tab; any idea why this is occurring? It's looong and annoying

View attachment 362754
    That is odd.

Is it just when you’re in the root of the forum, or in a specific thread?

It sounds like an ad TK has, but I can’t reproduce it. I know sometimes advertisers will play video as part of the ad. .

Last edited:

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Too close for comfort

View attachment 362754
    I don't think it starts until I open the thread "The Great Reset" in a new tab...
    So, it appears the audio only begins playing (on its own) when I open the thread "The Great Reset..." in a new tab, and ONLY if there are new posts in it that I haven't read. Why it shows the audio to be playing from the Gen Pol tab I don't know, but the audio it turns out is the from the video in the very 1st post of that thread...

I wasn't able to get it to occur right now, because there were no new posts in that thread. Hopefully someone will post an update in that thread and I can try to get the issue to duplicate.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    There is a new post there now. So you are hearing the audio from post 1 of the thread, or the first post in the current page?

Either way I have no idea why your system would choose to play that audio. and why it would only be that thread. I'd expect whatever would normally be causing that behavior would be present on any thread with a video when your system tries to autoplay it. I dont think anyone else is experiencing that.

Tried clearing your cache and rebooting?

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Too close for comfort
    There is a new post there now. So you are hearing the audio from post 1 of the thread, or the first post in the current page?

Either way I have no idea why your system would choose to play that audio. and why it would only be that thread. I'd expect whatever would normally be causing that behavior would be present on any thread with a video when your system tries to autoplay it. I dont think anyone else is experiencing that.

Tried clearing your cache and rebooting?
    Occurred again when opened to read the new post... will trying clearing ALL cache and rebooting...
    1719793736831.png

What browser are you using?
    FF

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm not sure it would be this since I'd think you would have it happening elsewhere, but check your settings for autoplay in Firefox, including the default for all but also the exception list.

1719794370203.png

Last edited:

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Too close for comfort
    I'm not sure it would be this since I'd think you would have it happening elsewhere, but check your settings for autoplay in Firefox, including the default for all but also the exception list.

View attachment 362905
    Checked browser settings, exactly as above. Cleared ALL browser cache and rebooted machine (laptop). Issue is still occurring. Audio continues playing even after closing 'The Great Reset ' thread. Can only kill the audio by closing 'Gen Pol' subforum...

1719938909802.png

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Checked browser settings, exactly as above. Cleared ALL browser cache and rebooted machine (laptop). Issue is still occurring. Audio continues playing even after closing 'The Great Reset ' thread. Can only kill the audio by closing 'Gen Pol' subforum...

View attachment 363193
    Yeah, I'm not quite sure where to go from there. I'm using firefox as well let me see if I can replicate it.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I was able to replicate. Not sure why it's doing it, but if I get some time I can try some things. Even after I close the great reset tab, it continues playing in the Gen Pol forum tab. That is strange. If I reopen the Great Reset thread as it's own tab (presumably as you stated because there is not a new post) it does not do it at that time. So strange. There is something funky with that video embed or that ad that allows that to happen.

1719941931884.png

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    That's not a youtube embed. I think that source is able to do something that is not being handled by the browser settings. That's about as much time as I have to look at it currently.

But I am able to replicate, and it's not a youtube embed and since I have no way to look at the way that post is setup (not a mod), I can't see if there is anything different with the embed code, but I'm going with that source is doing something to force it to play.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Too close for comfort
    I was able to replicate. Not sure why it's doing it, but if I get some time I can try some things. Even after I close the great reset tab, it continues playing in the Gen Pol forum tab. That is strange. If I reopen the Great Reset thread as it's own tab (presumably as you stated because there is not a new post) it does not do it at that time. So strange. There is something funky with that video embed or that ad that allows that to happen.

View attachment 363197
    So I'm NOT going crazy! Hallelujah, praise Jesus!

Thanks! You're awesome!

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks, to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I’m definitely not a tech guy, but I see where a member posted some videos. Could you have accidentally clicked on one of those and it will play to its end? Possibly find which one is playing and click the pause or stop on that video.

I’ve noticed when I click a video it will play more when I return if I didn’t stop or pause when I clicked away before it finished. Just a thought.

By the way, I just opened the Gen. pol. and went to the Great Reset and I didn’t get any sound at all. But I didn’t click on a video either.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Too close for comfort
    I’m definitely not a tech guy, but I see where a member posted some videos. Could you have accidentally clicked on one of those and it will play to its end? Possibly find which one is playing and click the pause or stop on that video.

I’ve noticed when I click a video it will play more when I return if I didn’t stop or pause when I clicked away before it finished. Just a thought.

By the way, I just opened the Gen. pol. and went to the Great Reset and I didn’t get any sound at all. But I didn’t click on a video either.
    No video was clicked on in any instance of this occurring...

Top Bottom