Not open for further replies.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    i dont want to let this question slip away,,,

how are you gonna die if someone grabs a sweat rag or water bottle off his bench while his gun is flagged???

Oh, my goodness. Now I'm really confused. I thought that the water bottles and sweat rags and such were supposed to be left back on the picnic table so that you'd have room on the shooting bench for guns and ammo and all those extra lenses and stuff, no?

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    I guess I should explain my position about Atterbury.

I have ZERO problems with ANY of the rules there. I fully understand why they have the rules they do. I have witnessed some totally ignore the rules, and they have been called out on it. Personally some of the infractions I've witnessed if I were the RO I would have tossed them out. It is a beautiful, clean place to shoot, just wish it was closer to me.:rolleyes:

Maybe I'm just TOO anal about my "stuff".:n00b:

Maybe off subject here but, what are the hours down there this time of year? I assume their open even though it's COLD!:dunno: My new 77/44 NEEDS to be taken out!:D

RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Maybe off subject here but, what are the hours down there this time of year? I assume their open even though it's COLD!:dunno: My new 77/44 NEEDS to be taken out!:D

that aint the issue

That's just wrong to get so far off topic in this thread... This thread is about SERIOUS Shooting... Go to a thread that is about the range... This thread is about COMPETITION, The Olympics, Water Bottles and Snot Rags... If you'd like information about the range look elsewhere...

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    that aint the issue

That's just wrong to get so far off topic in this thread... This thread is about SERIOUS Shooting... Go to a thread that is about the range... This thread is about COMPETITION, The Olympics, Water Bottles and Snot Rags... If you'd like information about the range look elsewhere...

Well... let me rephrase then.:D

Say... IF I were to take my snot rag and water bottle down to Atterbury, along with my 77/44 this time of year, would the range be open?:laugh:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus

Say... IF I were to take my snot rag and water bottle down to Atterbury, along with my 77/44 this time of year, would the range be open?:laugh:

Atterbury Shooting Complex

There is the link, but next time stay on point. We are talking hard core competition shooting here. If you do not have a $3,000 rifle, super tactical lenses, and a cool box with spotting scope attached to it. Well, then you have no place even using your pee brain, and trying to teach me anything. :laugh:

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus

Hey, now c'mon. That almost sounded like some kind of shot aimed at my man machete. I, for one, am trying to learn from him.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Atterbury Shooting Complex

There is the link, but next time stay on point. We are talking hard core competition shooting here. If you do not have a $3,000 rifle, super tactical lenses, and a cool box with spotting scope attached to it. Well, then you have no place even using your pee brain, and trying to teach me anything. :laugh:

Wow, I feel like the scum floating inside your septic tank.:crying:

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Thanks! I appreciate the info.:yesway: Might just have to layer up Saturday and head down.:ar15:
    Definitely layer up. I'll bet wind chill will be an issue.
    On the other hand I'll also bet that you'll have a safe fun time. And when you return, please report to the class on the validity of "The machete Files". :):

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    It wasnt buzz guys. He has always been courteous when I have went. I was pretty sure I knew which one he was.

Tactical Dave, I understand rules are rules. thats why I follow them. show me in the rules where it says an RO can touch my guns? especialy when I make them safe and visible.

Were in the rules does it say they can't?, thats al they have to say. My comments were directed to all the people that allways have something to say about range rules.... mad they have to stop shooting for a few minutes, mad they have to pick up brass, mad they have to pay, mad that they have a horrible life, whatever....

I personally don't let anyone touch my stuff or the stuff that belongs to others that I am shooting with unless they ask, never had to tell someone not to though because I think most people are respectfull of others property.

If the next time I am at that range an RO that is not Buzz starts messing with my stuff I will tell him not to, if he still does then I will talk to Buzz, if it still happens I will find out who to go above him but Buzz seems like the kind of guy that handles stuff. I have found in taking that kind of route in life gets stuff done faster and things get handled and I can then enjoy the establisment. Not all people do it that way but it is what works for me.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    The rule is so that the RO's who are there have a very fast and easy way to check the line, keep it safe and keep all shooters who go down range safe.

you STILL aint given a reason why whats so wrong with the traditional rule...

how are you gonna die if someone grabs a sweat rag or water bottle off his bench while his gun is flagged???

Because Sir, if you let people approach the table for stuff like that they will start messing with other stuff. Give a person an Inch, they go a mile.

I gave a very valid reason for the rule.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Atterbury hours in the winter.
    Friday noon to 9pm
    Saturday and Sunday 10am to 6pm
    Tuesday noon to 6pm

The only thing I can add is the reminder that the rifle/pistol range is not lighted and closes around dusk. The shotgun range is lighted and has longer hours when it gets dark early.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    Because Sir, if you let people approach the table for stuff like that they will start messing with other stuff. Give a person an Inch, they go a mile.

the gun haters say---give a person a muzzle loader and theyll want an assault rifle---

that reason you gave aint no different...

if gun owners dont trust gun owners with guns,,,how can we expect the general public or the libs to trust us with guns???

if gun owners see themselves are untrustworthy children who need to be told what to do with guns with an iron fist and watched with guns every second,,,imagine how the libs see us???

i trust you to clean your glasses and dab your brow while im downrange,,,and im pretty sure any shooter back at the line would look out for other shooters downrange by saying something to the guy breaking the rules... little reminder at first,,,if its small,,,rat him out to the ro if hes way over the line...

the ro catches most of the rulebreakers,,,the other shooters catch the rest...

this is how it worked for over 100 years...

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    the gun haters say---give a person a muzzle loader and theyll want an assault rifle---

that reason you gave aint no different...

if gun owners dont trust gun owners with guns,,,how can we expect the general public or the libs to trust us with guns???

if gun owners see themselves are untrustworthy children who need to be told what to do with guns with an iron fist and watched with guns every second,,,imagine how the libs see us???

i trust you to clean your glasses and dab your brow while im downrange,,,and im pretty sure any shooter back at the line would look out for other shooters downrange by saying something to the guy breaking the rules... little reminder at first,,,if its small,,,rat him out to the ro if hes way over the line...

the ro catches most of the rulebreakers,,,the other shooters catch the rest...

this is how it worked for over 100 years...

You must have a lot of trust then. I'm not going to leave it up to other "shooters" to watch my back while I'm down range. That is the point of the rules, and the job of the range officers. It only takes that one time, then everyone pays the price. It's no different then someone shooting someone, then they want to take away everyones right to carry, or right to own a firearm. Because of the actions of one person. It's not about ruling with an iron fist, as you say. It's for the safety of everyone. It's not about how Liberals view how things are conducted at the range. Or, as you say, gun owners not trusting gun owners. It's about safety. I still do not see why, you can not understand that. If these rules are not needed. Then, why is it, that Military RO's run things the same way. When we where on the range. You did not touch your weapon, until you where told too. You did not load your weapon, until told too. You did not fire, until told too. Why? "safety"! They have done it the same way for years. I guess they are just a bunch of range Nazi's themselves. Plus, we are talking about Military personal, people who are looked at as being professionals. Not Joe Bob who just bought his first gun, and has not been taught the proper rules of safety. I do not know how I can make it any more clear. You really need to get out of the mindset of your way is correct, and everyone else is wrong, and that RO's are nothing but range Nazi's. What if I showed you how to do something, but in a different manner, yet had the same end result? Is it not the same thing? Atterbury runs things differently, however, with the same end result. Eveyone is safe, and no gets taken away in an ambulance. That's all I have left to say on the matter.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    You must have a lot of trust then.

i do have trust in my fellow shooters... you dont...

I'm not going to leave it up to other "shooters" to watch my back while I'm down range. That is the point of the rules, and the job of the range officers.
    its so easy to see your outlook on government from these statements... substitute ---laws--- for rules and ---police--- for range officers,,,and weve got a republican...

It only takes that one time, then everyone pays the price.
    no,,,only a few people pay the price in a nd,,,unless people overreact,,,and go too far

It's not about ruling with an iron fist, as you say. It's for the safety of everyone.
    thats a dangerous road...

It's not about how Liberals view how things are conducted at the range.
    who ever talked about liberals watching what goes on at the range??? dont go arguing against something that never got said,,,but i know it makes your argument easier that way

It's about safety. I still do not see why, you can not understand that.
    right,,,im trying to get you to adopt a safe rule... why do you not want to accept a traditional rule of range safety??? just what do you have against a safe range???

If these rules are not needed.
    one rule,,,not---rules--- dont go arguing against something that never got said,,,but i know it makes your argument easier that way

Then, why is it, that Military RO's run things the same way.
    dont care...not one bit,,, not in the military... im a civilian,,,and i dont EVER want to see military governance get outside that base and become a foundation for civilian governance... weve got a good way of doing things on civilian ranges,,,and i hope we dont see more of this poisoning going on

I do not know how I can make it any more clear.
    you aint made a thing clear,,,youre still stuck on that rule being the only way to make a range safe,,,and you aint got a bit of proof for it...

i dont know what your ever going to do if you want to shoot at anyplace but atterbury...

walk around yelling ---ro!!! ro!!! ro!!! before you go downrange???

your going to have to learn to cooperate with and trust your fellow shooters
    You really need to get out of the mindset of your way is correct,
    it is correct...time tested proven correct,,, your way is kinda correct too,,,but it goes too far to get there,,,so its a wrong answer...

and everyone else is wrong,
    your crazy if you think atterbury sets the tone for the shooting world...

your also wrong if you think only that rule makes a safe range

and that RO's are nothing but range Nazi's.
    there you go again,,,making up stuff

Eveyone is safe, and no gets taken away in an ambulance.
    careful when you go down that road... aint no end on rules to making us safer...

back to the point,,,i just want a safe range where nobody gets taken away in an ambulance... why do you oppose a rule that does that???

That's all I have left to say on the matter.

well see...

you still NEVER got around to proving how the traditional rule is unsafe and the atterbury rule is the only safe rule...

NEVER got around to it... lots of smokescreen,,,lots of talking about everything else... no proof on the one thing being discussed...

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    18 pages and machete still does not get it. But, he has demonstrated that he thinks:

--Being able to post a photo of equipment qualifies someone as an expert marksman.
    --Ignoring rules that everyone else thinks are a good idea makes you a patriot.
    --Following a rule that you agree with makes you a liberal sheep.
    --Name dropping of other shooters that win competitions adds to your own skill level.

What he has really demonstrated is:

--It's possible to lose all respect gained in over 600 messages in one single thread.

But, I digress. Back to the OP question: Atterbury is about the best option on the south side of Indy. It's well run, clean, safe and has a friendly staff. They are trying to act as a resource for shooters of all types and are possibly responsible for causing many new shooters to take up the past time by demonstrating that there are professionally run facilities available to everyone. The biggest down side I've experienced is drive down there burns a lot of gas.

I've been shooting there for a couple of years and think the current staff found a nice balance between fun and safety. The proximity to Camp Atterbury makes it interesting as well. It's nice to see an occasional flight of V22 Osprey's come in or a C17 airdrop.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    18 pages and machete still does not get it. But, he has demonstrated that he thinks:

--Being able to post a photo of equipment qualifies someone as an expert marksman.
    --Name dropping of other shooters that win competitions adds to your own skill level.

--It's possible to lose all respect gained in over 600 messages in one single thread.

But, I digress. Back to the OP question: Atterbury is about the best option on the south side of Indy. It's well run, clean, safe and has a friendly staff. They are trying to act as a resource for shooters of all types and are possibly responsible for causing many new shooters to take up the past time by demonstrating that there are professionally run facilities available to everyone. The biggest down side I've experienced is drive down there burns a lot of gas.

I've been shooting there for a couple of years and think the current staff found a nice balance between fun and safety. The proximity to Camp Atterbury makes it interesting as well. It's nice to see an occasional flight of V22 Osprey's come in or a C17 airdrop.

:yesway::yesway: In that general area, Atterbury is the best choice. It's clean, well maintained, and ran by a good crew. It's also a great place to take children. There are a total of 50 lanes. On the pistol side, you can shoot at distances of 7, 15, and 25 yards. On the rifle side, there is 50 and 100 yard lanes. They sell targets, ammo, shooting glasses, hearing protection, drinks, snacks, and other gear inside. Plus they have indoor restrooms. Do not let all of Machete's bickering keep you from checking it out.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis

so your a liar... never said that...

so your a liar... where did i ever say ignore the rule??? i said i dont like the rule... never said ignore it... typical trick you did,,,when losing,,,lie

so your a liar... standing up for more rules when less will do shows you got the wrong ingredients in you...

so your a liar... and dont get mad at me because you dont know the big names in this sport and i at least make an effort to stay up on it... do you make fun of kids who want to play like Kobe??? sad that you make fun of people who stay up on this sport...

that your a liar,,,that you brag about not knowing a lot about shooting,,,and that youll say anything to try to avoid losing,,,including lying...

But, I digress.
    yes you did

you blabbered and blabbered away trying to avoid backing up what you said,,,but you still NEVER got around to proving how the traditional rule is unsafe and the atterbury rule is the only safe rule...

NEVER got around to it... lots of smokescreen,,,lots of talking about everything else... no proof on the one thing being discussed...

you did lie a lot...

last chance,,,how are you at risk of dying if some guy gets a bottle of water off his bench???

dont worry about it,,,i know youll do anything but man up and give an answer...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom