• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Sounds like a good setup. I'll probably be heading down there this weekend to check the new operation out. Thanks for the update Buzz.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'll still go to Wilbur Wright at New Castle!

Sounds like the Hours Suck. And I still refuse to pay by the hour for something that we already paid for with our Tax Dollars! :xmad: I would go if there was a simple admission charge like entering a state park. Because I know there is upkeep and repairs to do. But personally I'll Drive the almost 2hrs To Crosley for the 200yrd range that I can go check and replace my target nearly at will. And Wilbur Wright is good enough for most of my needs. :ar15:For free!!! :patriot:

dr632

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2010
    Brown County
    Agreed - safety violations are not unique to public ranges. I basically try for very odd times in hopes of having our small club range all to myself. Some guys from work have gone to Atterbury after the upgrades and have enjoyed their visit.

My understanding is there is still no rifle range with longer yardage ( 300 yds +). My last two elk were at 429 yds and 550 yds. I need to find a safe place to make sure I'm ready for this fall. Any suggestions?

USMC1811

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    "You must check in and turn in your drivers license. You will pay and pick up your license on the way out. "

Not a bad Idea 20 years ago, but by today's standards this is the worse possible way to run a business. Remember the new game is identity thief.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Went to atterbury yesterday...

We had a pretty good time... Was sort of a bummer when we went to pay. We were there for 1 hour and 20 minutes (the last 15 of which we were just waiting for the cease fire to end so we could pick up our guns or waiting for the check-out clerk to process some new arrivals). We were surprised when he charged us for an hour and a half each (instead of the hour we actually spent shooting).

I REALLY need to join a conservation club!

headhunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Columbia City
    The per hour charge is my biggest issue with Atterbury. The last time I was down I spent 30 minutes of every hour standing around during cease fire. Paying $6 for 30 minutes of shooting time just isn't worth it.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Considering the amount of time I spent there prior to the "improvements", I've rather shocked that I've never been witness of anything of that nature happening.

However, it happened at Atterbury once when I was there, even with the enhanced "supervision".

Makes one wonder.

you never heard about the sherrif deputy that shot himself in the leg??? boy i sure did, funny shiznit!!!

hip shot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Phil from Indiana gun club is correct.

I was at IGC yesterday and they are running the range, really hope he makes it we are loosing places to shoot shotguns far to quickly, I understand even Quail Ridge is by appointment only now......

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I appreciate the heads up on this. I was just checking the website. It's completely void of ANY info. My wife wants to go to the Outlet mall for the first time so I talked her into letting me take my son to the range since we're right there. :)

I was really hoping to see them open earlier, but I can live with noon. :dunno: Just means I have to actually go to the mall with the wife. On the plus side, she gets to go to the range with me! :rockwoot:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    The Atterbury shooting complex is under new management as of today. The range hours are as follows, Tuesday and Thursday-noon to 6PM. Friday-noon to 9PM for shotgun and noon until it is deemed to dark to shoot safely for the rifle-pistol range. Saturday and Sunday-10AM until 6PM. The rates are 6 dollars per hour. You must check in and turn in your drivers license. You will pay and pick up your license on the way out. If you shoot the target frame into it will cost you 5 dollars. If you hit the baffles it will cost you 100 dollars. Phone 812-526-6552
    Thanks for the update, good to hear !!!

Raoc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    What are the baffles made out of that it costs 100 dollars if you hit them ONE time?

I think that's more of a punitive deterrent measure. In other words, "DON'T SHOOT THE BAFFLES!" They are made of reinforced concrete, and probably not cheap to repair if hit enough.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    Who knows....

I appreciate the heads up on this. I was just checking the website. It's completely void of ANY info.

Agreed on the lack of information!!!

I haven't been before and would like to know what is offered.

Rifle:
    50 yard?
    100 yard?
    200 yard?
    # lanes?

Pistol
    Set your own distance or fixed target stands at what ranges?
    # lanes?

I can't seem to find basic info anywhere.:dunno:

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    Agreed on the lack of information!!!

I haven't been before and would like to know what is offered.

Rifle:
    50 yard?
    100 yard?
    200 yard?
    # lanes?

I can't seem to find basic info anywhere.:dunno:
    There are 20 benches on the 50 yrd, 10 benches on the 100 yrd and 36 positions available for pistol. The target stands can be moved forward or backward on the pistol range. 7-15 or 25 yrds. Trap and skeet are also available.

Top Bottom