• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    The Atterbury shooting complex is under new management as of today. The range hours are as follows, Tuesday and Thursday-noon to 6PM. Friday-noon to 9PM for shotgun and noon until it is deemed to dark to shoot safely for the rifle-pistol range. Saturday and Sunday-10AM until 6PM. The rates are 6 dollars per hour. You must check in and turn in your drivers license. You will pay and pick up your license on the way out. If you shoot the target frame into it will cost you 5 dollars. If you hit the baffles it will cost you 100 dollars. Phone 812-526-6552

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    The Atterbury shooting complex is under new management as of today. The range hours are as follows, Tuesday and Thursday-noon to 6PM. Friday-noon to 9PM for shotgun and noon until it is deemed to dark to shoot safely for the rifle-pistol range. Saturday and Sunday-10AM until 6PM. The rates are 6 dollars per hour. You must check in and turn in your drivers license. You will pay and pick up your license on the way out. If you shoot the target frame into it will cost you 5 dollars. If you hit the baffles it will cost you 100 dollars. Phone 812-526-6552

As one pays as they depart, what is the hourly rate of use? What is the all day cost?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I really and truly miss the old range.

Not I. Not nearly enough benches and the lack of enforcement of even the most basic safety rules really and truly sucked.

Nothing like having the line call a cold range, saunter down to check your groups, and hear the whiz of a round fly over your head because some asshat couldn't keep his hands off the firearm.

No, thank you.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Not I. Not nearly enough benches and the lack of enforcement of even the most basic safety rules really and truly sucked.

Nothing like having the line call a cold range, saunter down to check your groups, and hear the whiz of a round fly over your head because some asshat couldn't keep his hands off the firearm.

No, thank you.

Considering the amount of time I spent there prior to the "improvements", I've rather shocked that I've never been witness of anything of that nature happening.

However, it happened at Atterbury once when I was there, even with the enhanced "supervision".

Makes one wonder.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Considering the amount of time I spent there prior to the "improvements", I've rather shocked that I've never been witness of anything of that nature happening.

However, it happened at Atterbury once when I was there, even with the enhanced "supervision".

Makes one wonder.

Wonder what? Exactly?

There will always be asshats. But not having to pay and having only the guys on the line next to you responsible for "rules" enforcement increases the odds that asshats will be there.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Wonder what? Exactly?

There will always be asshats. But not having to pay and having only the guys on the line next to you responsible for "rules" enforcement increases the odds that asshats will be there.

I'm not debating the presence of asshats. They're there, regardless of the presence of a rangemaster.

I'm just curious of the individuals who've decided to put their brains on hold, in lieu of a range safety officer to think for them. I'm wondering if they really believe that they won't be shot with a rangemaster present, after putting a man's well-being at risk.

As I've alluded before, I've put in hundreds of hours at Atterbury before the improvements, without even so much as my being witness to an AD. The half-dozen times I've been present at Atterbury after the improvement, was the only time someone decided to become a moron.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield

Makes one wonder.

Stupid/dangerous stuff happens at every range, at some point someone will get shot their also........

They can check the guns first all they want but once they turn their back at some point some clown will load it back up and chamber a round and then cook off a round or something.....

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Though I do like the way the range used to be. Last week during one of the beautiful days we had, I was it's time to go shooting. So I grab my Savage, and my range bag. I head for Atterbury, dumb me does not realize it's not open tell I turn off of Hospital road. My Dad, and I always go to Cearland. I can not get in without him. The only other range is Crosley, but that's 40 minutes away. So I'm happy to see it's going to be open during the week again. Range officres or not, you will always have idiots.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom