• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmmyers08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Danville
    ok so im not a fan at all of hipoint...however i have been refered to them by several people as a fun easy to shoot cheap carbine. so with that said i am caving and buying one for my wife to mess around with. however. she wants the damn thing purple. go figure! so my question is do the ati stocks i see everywhere fit the new model of hipoint 995ts as well as the old model? and also what would be the best way of makin the new ati stock purple like my wife request?

please help me! i already feel bad for buying the cheap hipoint...now i think i may feel even worse makin a gun purple. but hey...happy wife happy life!:):

garyindiane

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Bright, Dearborn County
    ok so im not a fan at all of hipoint...however i have been refered to them by several people as a fun easy to shoot cheap carbine. so with that said i am caving and buying one for my wife to mess around with. however. she wants the damn thing purple. go figure! so my question is do the ati stocks i see everywhere fit the new model of hipoint 995ts as well as the old model? and also what would be the best way of makin the new ati stock purple like my wife request?

please help me! i already feel bad for buying the cheap hipoint...now i think i may feel even worse makin a gun purple. but hey...happy wife happy life!:):

Yes they fit both models.

By the way I have one up for trade( Insert shamless plug here ) :D

-Gary

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    The 995. The fat girl/moped of pistol carbines! ;)

I like how the ATI stocks look. Although the TS is nicer than the "classic" damn dirty ape one.

Anyone tried the .45? Can't find a thread thriugh INGO but ......:dunno: came up empty.

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    55aa1440-e39f-488e-bed4-486c973e50cc.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I think you wil be pleased with the carbine. They really are pretty nice shooters and I think she will enjoy it. I own two HiPoint firearms and both have been flawless since day one.

bmmyers08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Danville
    im glad to hear they shouldnt be a problem...im lookin to customize it and need to know if the ati stocks will fit the new model ts. and if it doesnt how hard is it to make them fit? cuz i know people have done it, i just dont know how.

garyindiane

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Bright, Dearborn County
    What are you basing that on? Everything I've read says they don't fit. I'm asking because I'd like to put on on.

To the OP they absolutly do not fit. Get mine instead. :D

Here is some info I have found on the subject

Problem with ATI Stock for 995 TS - Hipoint Firearms Forums

ATI'd my 995TS - Hipoint Firearms Forums

And a good one here
    ATI Stock mod for TS - Hipoint Firearms Forums

And if you like the 995s here is a pic thread that will make you happy in the pants
    Paint jobs, mods and favorite carbine pics - Hipoint Firearms Forums

Best of luck

-Gary

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County

Are you basing your dislike of Hipoint firearms off of an actual experience, the look, the low cost, or the opinions of a bunch of nobodies on the internet, I have a C9 that is lots of fun and goes bang EVERY time, It doesnt like HPs but what do I care, FMJ is cheaper to shoot and is every bit as deadly. Their NQA fully transferable lifetime waranty and customer service is second to none, in my exp. (called to order a couple extra mags) Im just picking peoples brains because most people that bash Hipoint have never owned or even shot one.

Dirc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Noblesville
    Are you basing your dislike of Hipoint firearms off of an actual experience, the look, the low cost, or the opinions of a bunch of nobodies on the internet, I have a C9 that is lots of fun and goes bang EVERY time, It doesnt like HPs but what do I care, FMJ is cheaper to shoot and is every bit as deadly. Their NQA fully transferable lifetime waranty and customer service is second to none, in my exp. (called to order a couple extra mags) Im just picking peoples brains because most people that bash Hipoint have never owned or even shot one.

:hooked:
    Ok, I'll bite. I had one Hi-Point, a used 995. It was completely unreliable with any ammo, with any of the six (!) magazines I bought. I'd get 2-3 feed/eject problems per 10 round mag. I didn't pay much for it and it wasn't worth the trouble to me to send it back. That may sound petty to you but I was just over it. Once a gun proves itself to be a turd I don't even want it anymore. I understand that every line is going to have its share of lemons but it ruined me on Hi-Points for good. I traded it off with full disclosure to someone who was willing to play the "ship the gun back and forth" game for a little less than I paid for it. It's a shame, too, because I was far more accurate with it than I had any right to be (when it worked).

garyindiane

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Bright, Dearborn County
    Ok, I'll bite. I had one Hi-Point, a used 995. It was completely unreliable with any ammo, with any of the six (!) magazines I bought. I'd get 2-3 feed/eject problems per 10 round mag. I didn't pay much for it and it wasn't worth the trouble to me to send it back. That may sound petty to you but I was just over it. Once a gun proves itself to be a turd I don't even want it anymore. I understand that every line is going to have its share of lemons but it ruined me on Hi-Points for good. I traded it off with full disclosure to someone who was willing to play the "ship the gun back and forth" game for a little less than I paid for it. It's a shame, too, because I was far more accurate with it than I had any right to be (when it worked).

That sucks. Any word from the new owner? Did he send it back and get it repaired?

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    Your concerns are well founded, and this is one of maybe 3 actual stories I have heard to accompany hundreds of people I have seen bashing the brand. I own the c9 and I have put a couple hundred rounds down range with a 995 and .45 acp carbine on loan to me from a friend. My experiences have been good so far, and I have been kicking around the idea of picking up a 995, I just cant find any practicality in it, especially since I keep my Mossberg 500 ready to rock for HD purposes and I feel it would be a far more effective HD gun. I have a bubba'd SKS for my tacticool fix and an AK for SHTF. I guess my Mosin isnt very practical but a WWII surplus rifle for 90 bucks, how can you pass that up. Anyway, Its always nice to have a first person story to accompany a complaint. thanks

Last edited:

Dirc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Noblesville
    That sucks. Any word from the new owner? Did he send it back and get it repaired?

Traded it to someone selling a private collection at the 1500... No idea what happened after that.

Anyway, Its always nice to have a first person story to accompany a complaint. thanks

I'll tell the good and the bad. I'm not one to put too much stock in a brand name, but I do with this one.

Top Bottom