• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I didn't think Indiana was an OC legal state. Did some research on C 35-47-2-3 and thought it had the part about open carry being revoked. Help to educate me? I guessed LEO were an exception to this.
    IC is silent on method of carry, only thing is that you must have a license to carry. No mention as to your method of choosing.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I didn't think Indiana was an OC legal state. Did some research on C 35-47-2-3 and thought it had the part about open carry being revoked. Help to educate me? I guessed LEO were an exception to this.
    If you can show me where the law says 'OPEN' or 'CONCEAL' then you may be correct.

Fact of the matter is our laws are silent on the form of carry, both open and concealed are allowed.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana

Your wording indicates a misconception with American law. We do not need permission from the government to do anything. As long as there is no law against it, then it is fine.

But beware, 200 years of idiot politicians and control freaks have made just about everything illegal if you look hard enough. Just ask some cops about DC or CR. :rolleyes:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Your wording indicates a misconception with American law. We do not need permission from the government to do anything. As long as there is no law against it, then it is fine.

But beware, 200 years of idiot politicians and control freaks have made just about everything illegal if you look hard enough. Just ask some cops about DC or CR. :rolleyes:
    I had a discussion with a friend last night for about 4 hours about the constitution protecting rights and not granting rights as well as natural rights existing regardless of whether the government recognizes them or not.

Was... Interesting.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I had a discussion with a friend last night for about 4 hours about the constitution protecting rights and not granting rights as well as natural rights existing regardless of whether the government recognizes them or not.

Was... Interesting.

Government sponsored education at its finest. I went to private school for a few years and that started the ball rolling.

I feel like I am still just a beginner when it comes to the finer points though.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    An off-duty LEO generally has more training in the safe use of a firearm than many or most with LTCH and knows the law. I would think they would be happy to have one there if trouble broke out. Never been to that mall, and now never will.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    An off-duty LEO generally has more training in the safe use of a firearm than many or most with LTCH and knows the law. I would think they would be happy to have one there if trouble broke out. Never been to that mall, and now never will.
    You do, of course, realize that there are a lot of individuals who take training way above and beyond what officers receive right?

An officer should be better trained than the average untrained individual, however, that doesn't mean they are the best of the best.

At the end of the day an officer is just another person with training and while they're obviously required to have training, that doesn't mean those who are not officers haven't acquired training as well.

majew

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    As LE, you should have known firearms weren't allowed there. Just about anyone that visits this site knows mall rules especially if they've been here since 2008. How can you enforce laws if you don't know them yourself? And did you expect preferential treatment simply because you were LE which is why you are so upset when it didn't happen? Reminds me of LEO's that speed through busy traffic and drive with excessive speed simply because they can.

I don't think mall rules really fall under laws a leo should know.

karatejoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2012
    Greenwood
    I was a LEO from 1987 to 2001. Unless on duty I carried concealed EVERYWHERE. I never got questioned or disarmed or asked to leave any where. Think.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I'm glad you find humiliating people humorous.

He should have left out his "descriptions" and just called them by their positions.

Respect is earned not thrown out like candy at a parade.

I like this quote I read in a book once...

"Demanding of another that he earns your respect is, in and of itself, an act of arrogance, a way of self-elevation, implying by its very nature that your respect is worth earning." R.A. Salvatore

Respect is NOT earned, it should be given freely to anyone and everyone until they do something that causes you to give them no respect. Someone should not have to earn your respect.

Top Bottom