Ashley Madison web site hacked. Sorry cheaters...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I want the hackers to be caught and prosecuted. I also feel no sympathy for these particular victims. Must I?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It may take weeks, but this thread will eventually devolve into:

we should feel sorry for those who contract aids through blood transfusion.
    But "the gays" deserve it.

So I'll save us all some time and take the discussion there.

The victims of the hack don't deserve it. No one does. And criminal activity isn't part of karma or god's plan for salvation.
    Tempting as it is to see some sort of good/evil balancing act going on. It doesn't exist.

And to the forum member who's screen name I used when I created my Ashley Madison account, I am truly sorry for what is about to happen.

Dude, "the gays" have only met the criteria to use Ashley Madison since Obergefell v Hodges was decided. That was only, like, a month ago. A little early for them to be patronizing an adultery site, don't you think?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It may take weeks, but this thread will eventually devolve into:

we should feel sorry for those who contract aids through blood transfusion.
    But "the gays" deserve it.

So I'll save us all some time and take the discussion there.

The victims of the hack don't deserve it. No one does. And criminal activity isn't part of karma or god's plan for salvation.
    Tempting as it is to see some sort of good/evil balancing act going on. It doesn't exist.

And to the forum member who's screen name I used when I created my Ashley Madison account, I am truly sorry for what is about to happen.
    I think you are saying we're saying a whole lot more than we're saying. You do something stupid, whether evil consequences come to you because of evil or good, you were foolish. I don't care to suffer fools.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I want the hackers to be caught and prosecuted. I also feel no sympathy for these particular victims. Must I?

Not in my book. I've been the victim of identity theft via simply having Anthem. There are millions of other identity theft victims in this country who also did nothing but have the gall to have health insurance. By the time I'm done with all the victims of crimes who weren't breaking their vows in the process, I'm kinda out of feeling sympathy for a group of strangers who were doing things I think were wrong in the first place.

I don't wish it on them and I don't wish the destruction of anyone's marriage or privacy. That said, if you go online to premeditatedly troll for adultery, I don't know how you thought this would go well considering that it is widely known that pretty much any database is vulnerable.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I think you are saying we're saying a whole lot more than we're saying. You do something stupid, whether evil consequences come to you because of evil or good, you were foolish. I don't care to suffer fools.

i might be saying you're saying more than you might be saying. But others are saying exactly what I'm saying they're saying.

Just sayin'

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    It's a good thing that bible story about letting the cat with no sin cast the first stone was pre-INGO or it would have been a short thread about a dead whore and a couple of follow-ups about choices in edc stones.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    It's a good thing that bible story about letting the cat with no sin cast the first stone was pre-INGO or it would have been a short thread about a dead whore and a couple of follow-ups about choices in edc stones.

:lol2:

I love it. The only question is...

Are the stones sharp for more downrange damage or smooth for better handling and faster follow up casts?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Can we "round up the usual suspects" first?

Sure, why not? :):

I never said anything about condemning them myself. I just said that it is amusing that they, through their own malfeasance, put themselves in the position to face unpleasant consequences for their misdeeds with no sympathy coming to them. I didn't volunteer to do anything to them myself.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yes, good point -- watching with a little satisfaction as that whore gets the stoning she clearly deserves, that's totally different.

If you are suggesting that I should feel sorry for them, that simply isn't going to happen. I do, however, feel sympathy for their spouses who one way or another are in for an unpleasant time and are the only people in this situation who truly qualify as victims.

Top Bottom