Ashley Madison web site hacked. Sorry cheaters...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    The real money isn't in revealing identities, it's in being paid not to.

Going out on a limb here...but I'm guessing that women who would participate in this kinda deal...prolly also have their TT pictures stored in their iCloud accounts? I'll pay five bucks to the first hacker who can cross-reference THOSE two banks of information! (We got some real whiz kids out there, but if we can't Goog the Johns' names along with the photos of who they're doin' it with - then all that money spent on the California public education system is wasted, in my opinion).

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This is totally a double standard, but I have a .... difficult time feeling much sympathy for the victims of that hack. Hacking is bad. Identity theft sucks (I know from personal experience).

But this feels more like karma.

:+1:

My heart just bleeds profusely for the cheating scum getting set out front.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    #1 Anyone "high profile" that is on there in a way that allows them to be identified is an idiot.

#2 Anyone on there is an idiot.

#3 To bad about the credit card info. The rest....I can't work much ire up about.

These echo my thoughts precisely. I hate to be on the side of hackers, but I can't feel sorry for someone that would a) destroy the trust they have between their spouse and themselves AND b) stupid enough to sign up for a site with PPI that leads back to their true identify. I saw a facebook post awhile back where a girl I went to school with found a charge on her joint account with her husband and when she googled the information to figure it out found out it was this site. First, her husband is an *******. Secondly, he is too stupid to be an adulterer and pull it off without getting caught. I told her the discovery was a blessing... I meant by ridding someone so incredible stupid from your life should only be viewed as a victory. She was a sweet girl and didn't deserve what she got.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    The real money isn't in revealing identities, it's in being paid not to.

Another great point. This is why many sectors of employment have rules regarding personal behaviors that can affect your working life. My example, the Office of Personal Management would frown on such behavior because it places me in a position of being blackmailed. I have a soon to be ex father in law that is under investigation for something similar because of his inability to keep it in his pants and be a faithful husband. Nobody has the expectations that a person should remain in a marriage where they are unhappy. But how you conduct yourself in these situations indicates so much about the type of person you are.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    I get I'm technologically stunted, but I just can't wrap my mind around a dating site for having an affair.

That is because you are a man of higher moral value... if you had gone looking for such a thing, it would have presented itself to you. Adult Friend Finder was in the news a few years back for the same type of hack. It wasn't a site specifically for adultery, it was for anyone seeking a sexual encounter. Ashley Madison always struck a nerve with me. I had played the part of the unsuspecting husband that discovered his spouse was having an affair. Such a site existing, much less thriving, always disgusted me.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Wait, people use a website to set up an affair? And other people use it strictly to have a dalliance with someone who's married? WTF are these people, and do they not know what a bar is for?

People are busy...

GrblJ.gif

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Meh.
    If there's a conservative on the list, "He is a hypocrite who has shown he can't be trusted; his public life is over."
    If there's a progressive on the list, "It's a private matter between the person and their spouse; it's none of the public's business."

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Wait, people use a website to set up an affair? And other people use it strictly to have a dalliance with someone who's married? WTF are these people, and do they not know what a bar is for?

Think of it as the Amazon-dot-com for cheaters. Much like in the olden days, you could spend all that time, gas, and money perusing store after store, looking for the best deal, Amazon allowed you to do that from the comfort of your home--analogous thing. Plus you don't come home smelling of cigarette smoke and booze after a night of trying to hook up. You just have to remember to clear out your browser history and cookies.

(Not that I'm some sort of expert about this sort of thing or anything...As Finding Zero can attest to with his sociology experiment, I spend way too much time posting here to have any time left over for hooking up.)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Meh.
    If there's a conservative on the list, "He is a hypocrite who has shown he can't be trusted; his public life is over."
    If there's a progressive on the list, "It's a private matter between the person and their spouse; it's none of the public's business."

Exactly, even if both are addressed in the same paragraph.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Meh.

Exactly, even if both are addressed in the same paragraph.

Well, think about it... Conservatives typically have (or at least profess to have) a moral compass and so any transgressions are seen to be hypocritical. Progressives tend to be of the "if it feels good, do it" mentality. If you have no morals to begin with, behaving immorally is no big deal... ;)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I would venture to say if there are big/famous names on the list, they don't need a dating site to have an affair

When asked about his use of prostitutes, didn't Charlie Sheen say something like: "I don't pay them for the sex. I pay them to leave."? There are all kinds of reasons for doing stuff that may not seem to make sense from the outside, but makes perfect sense to them.

Big names may have access, but after you've had so much access for so long, I imagine some level of risk makes the mundane exciting again.

Ask Richard Gere had Crawford, yet...the gerbil......allegedly.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England

Wow! What a great name for a bar. Especially after this. A bar called Ashley Madison would make a killing. And it would be more anallg for folks like BBI who would at least respect their initiative to get out of the house.
    OK, Who's getting in on this bar thing with me?

I get I'm technologically stunted, but I just can't wrap my mind around The Stupidity a dating site for having an affair.

AIFY! (Augmented). The story of the husband in the post below proves my point

These echo my thoughts precisely. I hate to be on the side of hackers, but I can't feel sorry for someone that would a) destroy the trust they have between their spouse and themselves AND b) stupid enough to sign up for a site with PPI that leads back to their true identify. I saw a facebook post awhile back where a girl I went to school with found a charge on her joint account with her husband and when she googled the information to figure it out found out it was this site. First, her husband is an *******. Secondly, he is too stupid to be an adulterer and pull it off without getting caught. I told her the discovery was a blessing... I meant by ridding someone so incredible stupid from your life should only be viewed as a victory. She was a sweet girl and didn't deserve what she got.

I agree. You can't feel sorry for them. It is even better that the dude in your story above was an Azzzzzzzzzzzzho.

Top Bottom