• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davebradley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Martinsville, IN
    This will all settle out. But we will always remember who the good guys were and who the price gougers were. My guess is this hysteria will continue until the President makes his move on gun control with the senate.

davebradley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Martinsville, IN
    Forgot to mention that I suspect the gun industry has already started on the work arounds. There are 60 million guns in america. Anyone have thoughts on what some work around could be?

IndyS3

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Fishers
    My AR was built in the 90's during the assault rifle ban. They did not thread the barrel for a flash suppressor and apparently that made a difference.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Dude, read a few posts up; they're consignment guns, so BGF didn't set the pricing.

Some people are so quick to assume the worst. :facepalm:

Yeah...my bad. Was not having the best day and might have reacted poorly. No scene made just left.

Edit...apology's.

I do need to read the entire thread.

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Yeah...my bad. Was not having the best day and might have reacted poorly. No scene made just left.

Edit...apology's.

I do need to read the entire thread.

No scene here either, but I heard others in the store making comments about the price (glad to know it's not BGF, prices more ridiculous knowing those are used guns). They need to move the military's out of that dark corner as the racks are too far away and you can barely see the tags, put the single barrels or pump shotguns over there.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I didn't purchase from Elmores anyway. They're rude and expensive. I'm 26, clean cut, respectful but all they saw was young kid and I was treated like I was an annoyance.

This just furthers my feelings on them.
    Eh, I'm old, fat, clean cut and respectful and they treated me the same way. :dunno:

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    Guess I too did not see that these were consignment prices on AR's. I plead insanity (from a hard day in retail). Apologies to BGF and Elmore's. Now if I can wipe this egg off face...

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    I didn't purchase from Elmores anyway. They're rude and expensive. I'm 26, clean cut, respectful but all they saw was young kid and I was treated like I was an annoyance.

This just furthers my feelings on them.

Im treated the same way! just about every gun store I go into. Pisses me off! Especially since I always have money to spend!

hopcam

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Im treated the same way! just about every gun store I go into. Pisses me off! Especially since I always have money to spend!

Ditto here.. It's not confined to Elmore's. I personally like going there. They have good stuff. I've bought a couple of my favorite guns there (Dan Wesson Valor, CZ 455 Varmint Evolution).

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Elmore's got some AKs in before New Years and had normal prices on them. They could have put them on Gunbroker and made an extra 50% but they didn't.

45acp223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    SE IN.
    There are three used ones at Quick Cash Pawn in Lawrenceburg. (2) .223 (1 is a Colt), and (1) is .308. The .308 had a bull type barrel and looked heavy. I would think you would need a bipod to shoot it. All were very nice condition with some extras but the price tags are way up there.

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    Most shop are out of current stock. The overpriced guns that I have seen have all been consignments. To me the dealers are in the same boat as the rest of us. Yea they may have had a boom but they can't get things back in just like the rest of us so it will hurt everyone in the long run. If you can't find ammo are you going to go to the range and shoot...NO are you going to go buy a gun that you can't find ammo for ... NO. I have been to all 3 of these shops before and am not regular customers as they are a long drive for me so I don't call them a local shop for me. But they have always treated me fairly and with respect if I don't like the prices I just move on. If they are overpriced they will either come in line or go out of business. I will not hesitate to visit either shop when in the area and just might find the thing I can't live with out. Thank for keeping the doors open guys.

hlogan911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Where to start?

Reading this I'm hearing that even 'seasoned' gunnys are rebuffed at the gun stores... so... where does a newbie start?

I need a place where I can explore options. 5'6" 130 lbs... doesn't leave a lot of room to hide a concealed weapon, and not having the knowledge of what does fit, I feel stuck already and I haven't even started shopping.

Any suggestions on a good place to visit? Im gaining a wealth of knowledge here on different types and pros/cons just by reading the threads:popcorn:. Just need a place with patience to put together the rest of the picture for me.

Top Bottom