• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I'll have to check with my buddy at the gun store I worked at to see if prices from the distributors really went up or if the LGS's are just blowing smoke to justify the prices. I'm ambivalent really, they can charge what they want I just find it amusing.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    What an insult.

Well no not really. Bradis is a retail business and honestly they dont have to take trades at all if they dont want to.

If an item is worth $1,000 in the open market that means its only worth about $5-$600 in trade. Retail businesses have to have margin, otherwise the go out of business. Its pretty simple really.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Well no not really. Bradis is a retail business and honestly they dont have to take trades at all if they dont want to.

If an item is worth $1,000 in the open market that means its only worth about $5-$600 in trade. Retail businesses have to have margin, otherwise the go out of business. Its pretty simple really.

Maybe he forgot the purple? :dunno:

Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    The store I work at from time to time his cost has went up on simi-auto and ammo. I know what he can get it for and some of the guns and ammo has went up on dealers

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Maybe he forgot the purple? :dunno:

I kinda assumed he did. But being in retail myself I hear this all the time.

"I could take this to_____ and get _____ out of it, why isnt that your offer?"

Well, overhead sucks, Thats why. Damn me for being in business to make money.

Now Blatant Gouging is wrong, I belive in being as fair as possible and treating customers with respect.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Prices are higher. All around. For us, for the shops.

I laugh at reading people here expecting shops to hold prices at 2 months ago prices.

I can't believe some people here can ever find a place to buy gasoline with those expectations.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    More of the same

What makes anybody think the distributors have guns to sell to the shops? As usual, somebody has engaged their mouth without putting their brain in gear!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    OK ask them how much they will pay for a AR 15.During the last ban is why I will never go to BRADIS again.Nothing now will top what they told me and I have witnesses.

This was before the last bill sunseted,I will answer to pm's only.Chances are nobody is still there that was then.

LOL.

You make a comment like you did, and then come back and say you'll only elaborate in private message only.

VERY honorable of you. :rolleyes:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was in BGF and saw this. I was going to inquire about some range time so I could teach my 70 year old mother in law to shoot a pistol. Not now. They will not get any of my time or money.
    Need to find another indoor range for this.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I was in BGF and saw this. I was going to inquire about some range time so I could teach my 70 year old mother in law to shoot a pistol. Not now. They will not get any of my time or money.

Dude, read a few posts up; they're consignment guns, so BGF didn't set the pricing.

Some people are so quick to assume the worst. :facepalm:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Go back

Did you see the post about them all being consignments?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Elmores and BGF have AR's in stock. Elmores has the Sig magpul AR's for 1995.00 (you know the ones Walmart sold for 917.00) and Colts for 2500.00. BGF has Bushmaster, DPMS, and I think a Rock for 1800.00. Go clean em' out!

2 greedy gun stores now added to my list of places to avoid in the future...They can keep 'em:)

Agreed...I have purchased from Elmores in the past, but no more. Bad rep.

BGF stand for Beech Grove Firearms? That is surprising if so. I wonder if the suppliers jack up the price causing them to up it.

I'll have to check with my buddy at the gun store I worked at to see if prices from the distributors really went up or if the LGS's are just blowing smoke to justify the prices. I'm ambivalent really, they can charge what they want I just find it amusing.

After reading these posts, I think I'm going to drive WAY out of my way and visit, and buy something from BGF this weekend.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    A local shop to me (ITS) had a well used bushy on the wall, no price so my son asked to see it and then asked how much. The counter guy half chuckled and said when the offer is $3000.00 USD to call "so and so" one of the owners of the shop and its sold !!!

Also, if these high priced ARs are consignments then a shop can also say no vs. feeding the frenzy and gouging.... I guess second hand gouging is acceptable though.....:dunno:

Yes I realize they are in business to make money, but after it all falls how do you want to remembered the shop with $2k used ARs or the shop with integrity.

I scored 2 lowers at Bradis on 1/2/13 for $99 ea. they didn't raise their prices and probably could have charged double and they would have still sold, not to me but someone ..... Thanks again Bradis !!!

Top Bottom