• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    I hit two dealers in Ft. Wayne today just looking around at what they had. I have NEVER seen so many people buying AR15s and magazines in my life. I guess people are wanting them before any type of ban gets passed. Yes I admit I bought an Amralite from Sniper Company myself and I am glad I did. Maybe everyone is just jumping the gun but I wasn't gonna be one to get left in the dust. Anyway if you think for a minute you may want one I would say ya better go get it. Ban or not they are selling like hotcakes and suppliers are gonna have a hard time keeping up.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Talk of an AWB is great for manufacturers, distributors and gun shops but terrible for citizens. This same thing happened the last time and it was CRAZY! It's just now starting and will get plenty worse. Glad I'm not buying anything now.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm wanting to get an AR. But the fund hasn't replenished itself yet. I'm hopeful, maybe naively, cooler heads will prevail.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    If the ban passes, it will make no difference if you already own one. There will be no grandfather clause in it. :twocents:

Feinstine won't have her way with that. There is no way in hell they can round up all our weapons. A civil war would certainly ensue and the blood would be on her hands. A 30 mag ban is most likely to pass IMO.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    So, you wouldn't be able to use 30rd mags anymore or couldn't buy them anymore?

I just need to save a little more for my upper, BCG, and Charging Handle and I'll be good to go.

Dang Garage door Had to take a crap huh! ;(

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    How do you know this ?

Common sense. They are not going to let this opportunity slip by.
    S.A. 2575 would make it illegal to transfer or possess large capacity feeding devices such as gun magazines, belts, feed stripes and drums of more than 10 rounds of ammunition with the exception of .22 caliber rim fire ammunition.

Just because it failed the first time does not mean they will not get it the second time.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Common sense. They are not going to let this opportunity slip by.
    S.A. 2575 would make it illegal to transfer or possess large capacity feeding devices such as gun magazines, belts, feed stripes and drums of more than 10 rounds of ammunition with the exception of .22 caliber rim fire ammunition.

Just because it failed the first time does not mean they will not get it the second time.

This particular amendment you're referring to did have a grandfather clause...

(b) Prohibitions.–Section 922 of such title is amended by inserting after subsection (u) the following:
    “(v)(1)(A)(i) Except as provided in clause (ii), it shall be unlawful for a person to transfer or possess a large capacity ammunition feeding device.
    [Page: S5403] GPO’s PDF
    (ii) Clause (i) shall not apply to the possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device otherwise lawfully possessed within the United States on or before the date of the enactment of this subsection.

As others mentioned, to NOT include some kind of grandfather provision would be a logistical nightmare, not to mention the reaction of the gun owning population.

That being said, I did order another AK-47 today.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    We sold OUT of AR-15 type rifles today. All of them. To the bare walls. AR magazines, too. If you didn't go out after [2004 AWB Sunset, 2008 Obama election, the last school shooting, etc etc] and get yourself a couple good rifles and a lifetime supply of magazines, you're late to the dance and you get what you get, so don't ***** that we're all sold out.

That said, I sure hope all the folks doing all this panic buying will also take the time to contact their elected officials and voice their opposition to any kind of legislation that penalizes law-abiding gun owners for the illegal actions of a few madmen.

My :twocents:

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    We sold OUT of AR-15 type rifles today. All of them. To the bare walls. AR magazines, too. If you didn't go out after [2004 AWB Sunset, 2008 Obama election, the last school shooting, etc etc] and get yourself a couple good rifles and a lifetime supply of magazines, you're late to the dance and you get what you get, so don't ***** that we're all sold out.

That said, I sure hope all the folks doing all this panic buying will also take the time to contact their elected officials and voice their opposition to any kind of legislation that penalizes law-abiding gun owners for the illegal actions of a few madmen.

holy crap:n00b:

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana

I am amazed it took till today to sell out, local gun shop in my little podunk town had 28 AR's Saturday at noon, sold 18 of them by 4pm, and the rest yesterday between 10-1.

For what its worth I was in Clarksville today and Orion Arms still had about 30 AR's and a fair supply of ammo......(after I got my 4 cases of 5.56)

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair

So how many AKs left? Stock up on Mosins since that's all that will be left from suppliers.

Top Bottom