• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    When private companies try to increase the quality of their workforce one of the basic things they do is tuition reimbursement. The quality of the workforce is improved directly and immediately as individual increase their store of knowledge. This is a huge step backward for our military and appears to be just one more step in the Kenyans plan to weaken America.

I am amazed and embarrassed to hear some of the slimy, negative TROLL comments, apparently from folks who call themselves Americans, directed toward the US Military on this forum. I could care less what you think of the bogus government but taking it out on those who make sacrifices to defend our freedom (including 2A) around the clock and around the globe is totally unsatisfactory IMO.

NiDanHeno

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    New Palestine, IN
    This is not a good thing...my son who is in the Army Reserves and currently in Afghanistan, when he is in the states he attends Florida State University...he is on his final year of college when he returns...and not having tuition assistance is going to hurt...ALOT
    Myself who has served his 20 years was given the opportunity for TA...what other options are there for thos who are serving...GI Bill...yea right...And for those who are dogging the "Perks", there are other options, i.e. get out. I have lived in both Government Housing and "Off Base", why are you going to look a gift horse in the mouth...if you live on base what ar your expenses, besides cable, internet, and phone. If you live Off Base they give thats right give you extra funds HOLA and COLA...Benefits...I pay $0 for health insurance...tricare is provided to militart members...Yea the PX or AAFEES is not the best, but hey dont knock it....I am climbing off my soap box..

BustaN3T - Please don't misunderstand my sarcasim as dogging those benefits, I certainly have been appreciative of them back in the day. My angst was directed at the idea that our benefits are somehow excessive or that those are serving are somehow spoiled by them. I'm with you, especially when overseas AAFEES was always a welcome little peice of home. Again my intention was simply to point out the absurd nature that these benefits are somehow undeserved. P.S. Thanks for 20 years of service, there are plenty of days I regret ETS'ing after my second tour. :patriot:

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    I recieved my email this week saying it was cut. Its a real shot in the arm for alot of us. Many now are going to have to either cut back on classes or drop. It's sad and shameful that we have been trying for the best only to be told no. Instead it goes to those who dont work or have a Legal right to complain.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    When I was getting out, they threw out the figure that only 10% of soldiers use their GI bill. The retention people seemed rather proud of that fact and used it often to try to get people to reenlist.

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    I just don't get our government these days. So cut back on soldier benefits but increase BS freebies to illegals and take exotic trips.

I support our troops and thank you for your service!

They should cut politician pay / benefits since they can afford it instead of our soldiers.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Putting the merit of individual expenditures aside, the recipients of every dollar coming out of Washington feel just as strongly about cuts to theirs as soldiers do about cuts to Tuition Assistance. How are we ever going to cut a dollar when nobody wants to give up theirs?

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Putting the merit of individual expenditures aside, the recipients of every dollar coming out of Washington feel just as strongly about cuts to theirs as soldiers do about cuts to Tuition Assistance. How are we ever going to cut a dollar when nobody wants to give up theirs?

That $250,000,000 Egypt just got would buy a lot of books......

Figure out how much Bobo's little junkets cost, how many tuitions could've been offset by those?

There are dozens os Staffers in the WH making over $170,000/yr. yet we cut education for our soldiers.

Unemployment a payments for 99 months, why work?

Pay outs, bail outs and hand outs to unions, I don't see any of their **** getting cut.

Tens of millions of dollars to revamp college football stadiums on the taxpayer dime.

Seriously? Those are plenty of places to cut.

Then there is welfare and Obamacare....

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

I understand and agree.

What most people don't seem to get is that sequestration cuts are suppose to suck. It's suppose to take money away from the wrong places. It's suppose to affect the things we* want gov't to pay for.

It means that Congress couldn't get their act together and come up will a decent budget.

* By we I mean the public at large.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    That $250,000,000 Egypt just got would buy a lot of books......

Figure out how much Bobo's little junkets cost, how many tuitions could've been offset by those?

There are dozens os Staffers in the WH making over $170,000/yr. yet we cut education for our soldiers.

Unemployment a payments for 99 months, why work?

Pay outs, bail outs and hand outs to unions, I don't see any of their **** getting cut.

Tens of millions of dollars to revamp college football stadiums on the taxpayer dime.

Seriously? Those are plenty of places to cut.

Then there is welfare and Obamacare....

And the recipients of those dollars feel just as strongly about cutting their dollars as you do yours. Everybody is saying cut the other guy's not mine. Many of us agree that things like TA for soldiers have a more constitutional basis than things like foreign aid, welfare, etc. But those recipients vote just the same as you do. How are we ever going to cut a single f'in dollar from the budget when no one is willing to give up their own dollar?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    How's this flame you jerk off. Spend the next 12-18 months away from your wife and kids. Miss the first steps. Miss the first word. Miss the first bike ride. Miss the first kiddie pool. Miss high school graduation, miss countless anniversaries. Miss prom, miss meeting the first boy/girlfriend. Try repairing a busted water faucet in your house over the phone with your wife turning wrenches and talking at the same time. Try congratulating your kid on being accepted to the national honor society over a ****ty phone line. Try coaching your kid in sports over a phone, not being there when their team gets crushed or, when they win big. Try missing you oldest kids Senior game. Try missing when they are elected to Home Coming court and you have to ask your brother to act in your stead because you're unable to be there. Every day away from our families is a day we NEVER get back.

You sure do whine a lot for a guy who has voluntarily served for 24 years. No one owes you anything for the time you missed with your family. That was all your choice. People prioritize the the things they deem "important" in their lives, and obviously, you are quite clear as to where you'd rather spend your time.......... voluntarily.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    You sure do whine a lot for a guy who has voluntarily served for 24 years. No one owes you anything for the time you missed with your family. That was all your choice. People prioritize the the things they deem "important" in their lives, and obviously, you are quite clear as to where you'd rather spend your time.......... voluntarily.

**** you I do this to support my family, I do this so my friends and family don't have to, even jerks like you

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    **** you I do this to support my family, I do this so my friends and family don't have to, even jerks like you

Dude, that's enough! Step down from the pulpit, because many have been there. You have posted many insults that have not been reported, so this is the end or you are out of here!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

After 24 years, I'm sure that you possess the skills to be successful in a variety of volunteer-based occupations; outside of the military.

I don't particularly care for the way you have spoken to other members. You can either exhibit the honor I expect from a service member, by being civil, or you can be taken to task on the first impressions you are illustrating. I'm game either way.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I respect the fact that members of the military serve, but we must remember that you serve by choice. It is your decision to be away from your family, and no one forced you into that situation.

Members of the military are government employees, just like mailmen and federal law enforcement. Why do so many think that it is alright to cut the postal service or the FBI budget, but as soon as we even mention reducing military benefits all hell breaks loose?

Everyone seems to be in favor of cutting spending, but it is never from a program that benefits them. Farmers don't want subsidies cut. Military members don't want the defense budget reduced. Teachers don't want education spending adjusted.

Sacrifices must be made by everyone if our nation is going to stop spending money that we don't have. We can't reasonably expect that the only people to get their benefits cut are those on welfare.

Whether you like it or not, what one person calls their benefits another calls a government handout. As taxpayers we must demand that our government get realistic with spending and stop making expensive promises to employees that it can't possibly keep.

Curls & Swirls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Morgan County
    Wow.....is all I am going to say because I need to go read my Bible for 30 minutes before I post what my flesh would like to say to some of you!!! I WILL say that I am very thankful for those men and women who "voluntarily" serve our country every day. Even if some of us may need our mouths washed out with soap from time to time.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Wow.....is all I am going to say because I need to go read my Bible for 30 minutes before I post what my flesh would like to say to some of you!!! I WILL say that I am very thankful for those men and women who "voluntarily" serve our country every day. Even if some of us may need our mouths washed out with soap from time to time.

Calm down C&S, it's the interwebz. Nothing wrong with being appreciative of servicemembers, as long as they don't demand your appreciation (at least non-draftees).

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Calm down C&S, it's the interwebz. Nothing wrong with being appreciative of servicemembers, as long as they don't demand your appreciation (at least non-draftees).

Draftees don't demand or necessarily deserve your respect. They're number came up, that's it. A volunteer serves to protect your privilege to, how do you put it, " yes I did it to annoy". You picked something your good at.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Draftees don't demand or necessarily deserve your respect. They're number came up, that's it. A volunteer serves to protect your privilege to, how do you put it, " yes I did it to annoy". You picked something your good at.

Sorry bro, when uncle sam forces something on someone, and they man up rather than running off to Canada, they pretty much have earned my respect.
    I respect all service members, in whatever capacity they served. But, I'm not going to listen to a volunteer whine about a loss of a benefit that they aren't contractually obligated to have, and do so with sympathy.

Top Bottom