• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I own one in .45 and one in 9mm,Never had an issue with either of them. I would recommend them to anyone. as stated look at the sub forum on the 1911forum
    1911Forum

It will not run as many rounds as the better built guns. It will wear and show it. Seen too many do this
    Got proof? pictures? forum post? anything?

I have seen them run down. Did I take a freaking pic....no. Waste of time. Did I look it up on a forum....no as I have seen it first hand.
    Why does everything have to be attached to a link. Why would I lie about it. To what end would that serve. The OP asked for opinions and I gave mine.

I think they are clunky and not something I want in my safe. I have shot several. Yup, they go bang most of the time. They will hit a man sized target at 25 ft. most of the time.

Do you have one....do you enjoy it......if so, great.

If you do own one then I understand you being butt hurt.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I appreciate everyone's input.

I don't really need another .45
    I have a really nice EAA Witness, and many other sidearms in different "flavors".

I just saw what looked like a "to good to be true" type price, and thought I'd ask.

I got MUCH better opinions when I asked about the Taurus 1911's.
    I still got the, "If it's not a Colt/S&W/Kimber, it's not worth the..." but overall still WAY better reviews than the Armscor.

Mind you, I'm not looking for a "build" gun. I'm not looking for a race-gun, or even one to shoot competition.
    I just want a good quality, out-of-the-box shooter that won't fall apart or blow up in my hands after 2k rounds.

I'm in no hurry.

I'll find one someday.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I appreciate everyone's input.

I don't really need another .45
    I have a really nice EAA Witness, and many other sidearms in different "flavors".

I just saw what looked like a "to good to be true" type price, and thought I'd ask.

I got MUCH better opinions when I asked about the Taurus 1911's.
    I still got the, "If it's not a Colt/S&W/Kimber, it's not worth the..." but overall still WAY better reviews than the Armscor.

Mind you, I'm not looking for a "build" gun. I'm not looking for a race-gun, or even one to shoot competition.
    I just want a good quality, out-of-the-box shooter that won't fall apart or blow up in my hands after 2k rounds.

I'm in no hurry.

I'll find one someday.

I have had a Taurus 1911 and a friend still owns it. It was fine when I owned it and it served as the "Brother in law" gun. That is the one I let friends and family shoot. It was mag sensitive and only ran well on wilson or CM mags. Beyond that I would have it back.

Again, I do not wish to offend anyone on their choice of fire arm. If a friend asked about a brand of car you were aware had issues would you not tell him. Same with a gun.
    If you buy one and goes out past 3K with out failure you are in the plus side of the crap shoot.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    It will not run as many rounds as the better built guns. It will wear and show it. Seen too many do this.

If you want a decent t"trunk" gun or carry these are OK if you get one that runs reliably. Test it with at least 200 rds. and if it runs through that....carry or park it for home defense.

I have a Citadel. Made in the same place. I have near 30k rounds. Slide to frame fit is still great. I have replace the recoil spring a few times. Only issue I ever had was cured by polishing the feed ramp. I have got my moneys worth and it has plenty of life left! It is my EDC.

Sounds like a good deal to me. Especially if you're on a budget!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have a Citadel. Made in the same place. I have near 30k rounds. Slide to frame fit is still great. I have replace the recoil spring a few times. Only issue I ever had was cured by polishing the feed ramp. I have got my moneys worth and it has plenty of life left! It is my EDC.

Sounds like a good deal to me. Especially if you're on a budget!

You got a good one.....:)

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I have an issue buying a gun that there's a high failure percentage to it. The first one that I bought ran excellent, shot good groups, and was a plain jane that I wanted for my old beater jeep. It ran about 2,500 rds before it broke. I pulled it down and there's some sub par parts in the build. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with it. I may just "parts drawer" it or wait for something to come in for parts for it. I have been told that I'll be lucky to get parts that fit right for it.
    The other two I had went back for problems. The last one I bought wouldn't feed at all. ZERO feeds from it. It went back and they replaced it. I sold it new in box. The second I sold as soon as I got it back as well. That price point is good for a basic GI model. I will NOT call them Milspec though. They will stand behind their guns at service. I hate sending guns back and waiting, waiting, waiting.
    IF I have to have a gun in my hand to defend myself with it will NOT be a RIA.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have an issue buying a gun that there's a high failure percentage to it. The first one that I bought ran excellent, shot good groups, and was a plain jane that I wanted for my old beater jeep. It ran about 2,500 rds before it broke. I pulled it down and there's some sub par parts in the build. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with it. I may just "parts drawer" it or wait for something to come in for parts for it. I have been told that I'll be lucky to get parts that fit right for it.
    The other two I had went back for problems. The last one I bought wouldn't feed at all. ZERO feeds from it. It went back and they replaced it. I sold it new in box. The second I sold as soon as I got it back as well. That price point is good for a basic GI model. I will NOT call them Milspec though. They will stand behind their guns at service. I hate sending guns back and waiting, waiting, waiting.

Bingo boys and girls....Proof does not have to come from a link.

Half mile, are you a gun snob????

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Now that I over being butt hurt...The same arguments being made against the RIA can be made against every manufacturer,they all put out lemons.
    I've seen people on this site bi%^H and moan about almost every manufacturer.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...sion/229284-worst-new-gun-you-have-owned.html

Bingo boys and girls....Proof does not have to come from a link.

Half mile, are you a gun snob????

I am. RIA made me one. :): I owned one for 15 weeks, 12 of which were spent at their nonexistent customer service.

Ruger and S&W made me one, I will never buy a semi-auto from either of these two companies, with the exception of a MK series .22 from Ruger.
    As for their customer service (RIA), from everything I've ever read their CS is one of the best out there.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Theres always someone, in some forum, posting the same question, with a different product name.
    In junior HS, people got made fun of for wearing rustler jeans, and no name shoes. But they came to school everyday with a decent pair of pants and shoes.

This mentality never goes away in some ppl. Some people have it better than others, and they can not except anything that isnt the best.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Now that I over being butt hurt...The same arguments being made against the RIA can be made against every manufacturer,they all put out lemons.
    I've seen people on this site bi%^H and moan about almost every manufacturer.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...sion/229284-worst-new-gun-you-have-owned.html

Ruger and S&W made me one, I will never buy a semi-auto from either of these two companies, with the exception of a MK series .22 from Ruger.
    As for their customer service (RIA), from everything I've ever read their CS is one of the best out there.

My EXPERIENCE with them trumps that.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

what broke?...i can fit what ever it needs....i'll give to $200.00 for it....

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    I had a RIA and had exactly ZERO malfunctions with it. Sold the gun to a friend and he has had ZERO problems with it. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another, and contemplated it seeing them at these prices.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I really like 1911s, and I will admit to having a few. I have some of the nice, expensive ones mentioned above, and one of those "questionable" Rock Islands. For the money I paid, I think it is one of the best bang for the buck pistols I have ever had. I've had it for 5 years, replaced a few recoil springs, and it still shoots perfectly, just like it did the day I brought it home.

Everybody seems to have their own experiences with firearms and it sticks with them. There are a couple of companies that get a fair share of likes in these pages. But, I carry a garlic necklace and a crucifix in my trunk, and if I hear either of those two names, you would be amazed at how fast I can hold them up!

Top Bottom