• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Lucky guy for sure. My take away is that adrenaline probably affected his decision making. Hence he didn't take advantage of the weapon he already had (the 2x4) and didn't take advantage of several chance to get the upper hand on the perp.

Then, once it was nearly over, the adrenaline was still probably riding high and out of frustration and anger fired shots. What we can't see of course is whether the perp was fleeing, or just off camera and perhaps still a threat.

If it were me and I was able to think clearly, I would have initially verbally commanded the perp to get off the bike. Once the gun was pulled I would have probably tried to get to concealment behind the truck and then pulled my weapon. I would have already been out drawn, and the perp didn't appear that he was going to shoot based on how he was waiving the gun around. Distance would have been my friend.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I think it all smells of good guy had absolutely no training whatsoever. Never practiced drawing. Never thought about using available weapons prior to this.

He's the poster boy why you need to train. Not just buy a gun and think "now I'm protected".

moosebag

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Did anyone stop to think that this video may be staged? Look closely at the firing of BOTH guns the perp and the victims, no muzzle flash, no smoke. A Black individual walking down an alley wearing a hoodie, how convenient. I think this whole thing is fake. :dunno:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Did anyone stop to think that this video may be staged? Look closely at the firing of BOTH guns the perp and the victims, no muzzle flash, no smoke. A Black individual walking down an alley wearing a hoodie, how convenient. I think this whole thing is fake. :dunno:

yeah, and the officers interviewed totally bought it. This black guy committed a felony by pointed a loaded weapon at the white guy who also committed a felony by pointed a loaded weapon at his buddy who got together with him to stage this video for some unknown reason

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    The first recoil looks as if a case is flying past the fence (I could be wrong, its not the best quality video).

If this isnt a staged even, that has to be the most retarded reaction I have ever seen to a perp pulling a gun.

In watching this video, the first mistake I see is that the homeowner did not approach the thief, gun discretely in hand. Second mistake was confronting him in the open. From the angle of the camera, it looks as if the thief could have been seen while standing partially behind the fence.

At any rate, this could be used as a great training video as to what not to do in this situation. Looks like just about every choice the home owner made was less than admirable.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Digital Security DVR's do not record every frame. Especially lower priced models.
    So, video information can be lost. Such as seeing shells ejecting, etc. Depends on how the settings are on the DVR, how many cameras connected to it, etc. determines how many frames it records.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I think it all smells of good guy had absolutely no training whatsoever. Never practiced drawing. Never thought about using available weapons prior to this.

He's the poster boy why you need to train. Not just buy a gun and think "now I'm protected".

Except I think the reality is that most self-defense firearm uses are made by those with little to no training.

I also think you make a few assumptions that are not justifiable just from the video evidence. I think he thought about drawing several times. He turns his body away from the perp as if to hide the motion of drawing on multiple occasions. You also have no evidence whatsoever that he never practiced drawing. You are creating an illogical conclusion from his lack of doing so.

I read a first-hand account of a guy who carried that got into a shoot-out with the perp. They were several minutes into the encounter before the first shot was fired because the good guy was thinking ahead about the consequences of shooting now...and now....and now. He never felt comfortable with circumstances. It wasn't until his hand was forced and it was shot or be shot (turns out, it was both) that he fired.

Just not enough information to be able to make those kinds of judgments with any certainty.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Except I think the reality is that most self-defense firearm uses are made by those with little to no training.

I also think you make a few assumptions that are not justifiable just from the video evidence. I think he thought about drawing several times. He turns his body away from the perp as if to hide the motion of drawing on multiple occasions. You also have no evidence whatsoever that he never practiced drawing. You are creating an illogical conclusion from his lack of doing so.

I read a first-hand account of a guy who carried that got into a shoot-out with the perp. They were several minutes into the encounter before the first shot was fired because the good guy was thinking ahead about the consequences of shooting now...and now....and now. He never felt comfortable with circumstances. It wasn't until his hand was forced and it was shot or be shot (turns out, it was both) that he fired.

Just not enough information to be able to make those kinds of judgments with any certainty.

If he had practiced drawing very much, he should of realized that the back pocket was a bad choice of carry position.

I saw that he attempted to draw.

For the record, I didn't say it was certain. That's why I said it "smells like".

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    If he had practiced drawing very much, he should of realized that the back pocket was a bad choice of carry position.

You attribute the same level of discernment and the same values to him that you have. You only think he should have come to the same conclusion you do based on the same available information. The reality is that people don't behave that way.

I saw that he attempted to draw.
    But your post says that he never practiced drawing. I could just as easily say you never studied grammar (your 'of' after the 'should' should be a 'have') because you made a grammar mistake. Would it be logically valid to say that?

I merely pointed out that you drew conclusions which cannot be logically supported with the video evidence.

For the record, I didn't say it was certain. That's why I said it "smells like".

I agree he probably didn't have any training. But you went a step further and assumed facts not in evidence. It's not a big deal. It's just an irritant to me because I find that sloppy logic tends to lead to really bad conclusions. And sometimes those conclusions have repercussions that aren't so pretty.

slyton

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Albany
    I don't know if this is staged or not. But the first thing that pops into my mind is that the BG is not prepared mentally to take a life. He points he gun often at the man but never pulls the trigger and when he does, he misses. I agree the home owner is not prepared for the encounter either.
    A group of friend in the garage hearing this, ( I assume people are yelling) and do nothing, speaks for it self.

So many things are wrong. Possible political video? Who knows?

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    ... Instead of putting that 1x3 (or whatever it was in the dumpster), a baseball swing with that might have been the end of it. I guess the stimulus didn't enter his OODA loop soon enough. ...

A swing would telegraph too easily and could be deflected more easily than a jab/thrust (bayonet style).

Either way, I wasn't there. Does make one think, though.

danmrt868

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    ft. wayne
    so many times the bg took his eyes off of the victim he should have pulled and stopped the threat! once the bg ran hes not a threat and he shouldnt have shot at the bg!!!!

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Wow...

Take a bullet for your wife?..............Check.
    Take a bullet for your child?...................Check.
    Take a bullet for your notsogood friends' moped?................CHECK!!! :rockwoot:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    This makes me consider carrying one in the chamber!

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Unless you are carrying a Single Action Army Colt or an exact replica, methinks you should be doing this already :dunno: ... All modern semiautos** can and *should* be carried with a round in the chamber... :twocents:

There were several times where the BG has his back turned to either Mr. Gramza or his 'friends' and was close enough to be tackled within a step or two...but it was his fight, not mine, and he survived, so I guess he sorta kinda did a few things right-ish...

**Except for Glocks, of course..! :p:lmfao::p

(stirs pot...hastily exits :scared:) :D

Last edited:

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I'm sorry, but I'll be damned if some guy is going to confront my friend, wrestle with him, fire a shot into his leg, and then wrestle some more AND I'm just going to go hide in the garage?

The article said there were 5 people in the garage who knew the victim, and none of them had the balls to do anything other than go hide. Wow...

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    I'm sorry, but I'll be damned if some guy is going to confront my friend, wrestle with him, fire a shot into his leg, and then wrestle some more AND I'm just going to go hide in the garage?

The article said there were 5 people in the garage who knew the victim, and none of them had the balls to do anything other than go hide. Wow...

Yeah i agree, if that had been one of my friends getting drawn on/beat there would have been some shooting going on from me.

Top Bottom