• Status
    Not open for further replies.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    I've noticed alot of violent tendencies with some parents on this thread. It's quite ashame. I'm sure your parents used physical punishment on you, so now you think that it is the way to deal with a disobedient child. Controlling your anger is not for the weak. Intelligent parents find other ways to disipline their children. Hitting a child only teaches them that violence is the way to get people to do what you want them to do. It is archaic and ignorant. Read any valid psychological study on this subject and they all come to the same conclusion.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I've noticed alot of violent tendencies with some parents on this thread. It's quite ashame. I'm sure your parents used physical punishment on you, so now you think that it is the way to deal with a disobedient child. Controlling your anger is not for the weak. Intelligent parents find other ways to disipline their children. Hitting a child only teaches them that violence is the way to get people to do what you want them to do. It is archaic and ignorant. Read any valid psychological study on this subject and they all come to the same conclusion.
    You're entitled to your opinion. My only child is now in his mid-20's. He and I have a good relationship. We talk nearly daily and see each other several times a week. We camp together...as well as hunt and fish together. He now has two well mannered children of his own.

He did however grow up knowing that if he screwed up there would be consequences. Generally it was being grounded and having luxuries taken away. He also knows what it felt like to have his back-side lit up when he really screwed up.

He didn't kill kittens afterward nor did he become a serial killer. He's a fairly well rounded, productive member of society.

I have a family member that swore they would never spank their children...and they never did. One of their children is now serving 40 years in prison for murder.

You raise your kids how you see fit and I'll raise mine. I don't need Dr. Phil, Oprah's or your help. :twocents:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    You're entitled to your opinion. My only child is now in his mid-20's. He and I have a good relationship. We talk nearly daily and see each other several times a week. We camp together...as well as hunt and fish together. He now has two well mannered children of his own.

He did however grow up knowing that if he screwed up there would be consequences. Generally it was being grounded and having luxuries taken away. He also knows what it felt like to have his back-side lit up when he really screwed up.

He didn't kill kittens afterward nor did he become a serial killer. He's a fairly well rounded, productive member of society.

I have a family member that swore they would never spank their children...and they never did. One of their children is now serving 40 years in prison for murder.

You raise your kids how you see fit and I'll raise mine. I don't need Dr. Phil, Oprah's or your help. :twocents:

I plan never to spank my daughter, so I guess I'd better start putting some money aside to make that monthly trip to prison on visiting day. Maybe I'll get lucky and she'll only end up being a stripper or something.

I thought about introducing spankings, but I bought into that whole serial killer thing, and I couldn't figure out how I'd explain the dead kittens. Now you're saying that stuff doesn't come automatically with spanking? Now you tell me.

Shoot, I give up. This parenting thing is too hard. I think I'm just going to call 911. Maybe a little tasing will set it all to rights. Perhaps it's not a question of parenting at all, just a simple problem of voltage.

Yeah, that's it. I'm going to lay down the law in my house. Ohm's law.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I plan never to spank my daughter, so I guess I'd better start putting some money aside to make that monthly trip to prison on visiting day. Maybe I'll get lucky and she'll only end up being a stripper or something.

I thought about introducing spankings, but I bought into that whole serial killer thing, and I couldn't figure out how I'd explain the dead kittens. Now you're saying that stuff doesn't come automatically with spanking? Now you tell me.

Shoot, I give up. This parenting thing is too hard. I think I'm just going to call 911. Maybe a little tasing will set it all to rights. Perhaps it's not a question of parenting at all, just a simple problem of voltage.

Yeah, that's it. I'm going to lay down the law in my house. Ohm's law.
    Hey...I hope it works out for you. Sometimes different things work for different situations.

I just don't need anyone that read a psychology book (and probably doesn't even have kids) instructing me on parenting skills. I'll wait for the instructional DVD...thanks.

And for the record...most strippers are working their way through med school...or at least that's what I hear. :): There's nothing wrong with being a stripper. But I'm glad I had a boy. ;)

Last edited:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Hey mods !

If you're gonna remove my post and give me my first infraction for "name calling" , how about you ask for some clarification first ?

I guess I was being "archaic and ignorant" when I assumed that the "intelligent parent" that I was responding to , would know that the "coke addict" I was referring to was the "father" of modern psychology , NOT HIM !

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    You quoted another poster and made no indication that your name-calling did not refer to him.

Regardless, I'm getting tired of handing out infractions in this thread and dealing with the many reported posts from it. I'm closing it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom