• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    if someone brokes into your home (US) becaus they could not feed they family is that a burden you must endure?

Can you even read? Its absurd that you need to be shown how to answer a question, but I'll show you by answering your question.

It is not a burden I must endure. If a man broke into my home I would defend myself appropriately. This answer, I presume, you expect will prove the point that we good Americans shouldnt welcome them here...well you're right. I'm not advocating a welcoming party. All I'm doing is asking if others would do the same thing in their situation - if others would break the law to feed their family.

navarre1095

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Meth Vernon
    America is the shining land of opportunity. Even the poorest among us has air conditioning and cable TV. Mexico is a midden pit. Any remotely sane individual would gladly risk all to come here. Some folk would go so far as to sail the Pacific Ocean in home made rafts or cross the Gulf on an inner tube. Your question is a bit vague. Would I steal or murder to feed my family? No. Lie? Maybe. Find a better situation? You betcha. The people that exploit them here are nothing more than slavers.

There's a lot more than hungry people crossin' that border.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    troll alert

So you would or would not go into another country illegally to feed your family?

This fellow is here sowing dissent and aggravation and I'm more convinced by the minute that he is simply here to **** people off. Please don't feed the troll.

And no. I would find a way to improve my lot where I was. Especially since crossing the desert at the mercy of a coyote to go to a country that doesn't want me risks my life as well as my families savings. Possibly causes me to be indebted to the drug cartels who would eat my children( and your dog) for fun. What they'd do to them for money is unspeakable. Mexico will never change for the better if all those hard working people come here illegally. BUT HERE SURE WILL CHANGE, and not for the better. Not stopping the traffic of illegals is the government abdicating its responsibility to keep us safe here at home. It is in-defensible at best and reprehensible.

Now Trollboy. Defend your argument with something besides emotional tripe or GTFO.

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    This fellow is here sowing dissent and aggravation and I'm more convinced by the minute that he is simply here to **** people off. Please don't feed the troll.

And no. I would find a way to improve my lot where I was. Especially since crossing the desert at the mercy of a coyote to go to a country that doesn't want me risks my life as well as my families savings. Possibly causes me to be indebted to the drug cartels who would eat my children( and your dog) for fun. What they'd do to them for money is unspeakable. Mexico will never change for the better if all those hard working people come here illegally. BUT HERE SURE WILL CHANGE, and not for the better. Not stopping the traffic of illegals is the government abdicating its responsibility to keep us safe here at home. It is in-defensible at best and reprehensible.

Now Trollboy. Defend your argument with something besides emotional tripe or GTFO.

I was asking a question, not making an argument. But only 2 or 3 of you great American patriots read well enough to understand that.

Personally, I'd do whatever I had to do to take care of my family. Luckily, breaking the law doesnt factor into that equation since I live in this great country.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Defend the homeland

. The people that exploit them here are nothing more than slavers.

There's a lot more than hungry people crossin' that border.

+1. those people, Illegals, are being exploited and in turn they are exploiting the American taxpayer. Contribute at your church if you want to help feed the poor. The government's first job should be to defend the borders and they are doing a poor job.

Asking us if we'll justify their actions by trying to get us to emote over our own family doesn't solve the problem. Or contribute in any meaningful way to the discussion that I can see. I'm sypathetic to their situation but I didn't take them to raise. Pressure should be applied diplomatically and in any other fashion available to cause the Mexican government to make changes for the better. Living conditions in Mexico do not make coming here illegally right or lawful. Because our living conditions have been made good by our strength and wisdom and hard work doesn't make it right for the downtrodden from other areas to wander in and partake (read that steal) without following the rules.

IBTL

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I read the question

I was asking a question, not making an argument. But only 2 or 3 of you great American patriots read well enough to understand that.

Personally, I'd do whatever I had to do to take care of my family. Luckily, breaking the law doesnt factor into that equation since I live in this great country.

I also read underlying intent. And you didn't make an argument, you attempted to instigate one for your own enjoyment. :twocents::welcome: you'll fit right in.:laugh:

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Have you all noticed that since the downturn in our economy, the illegals are starting to return to whence they came? (At least some of them)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Have you all noticed that since the downturn in our economy, the illegals are starting to return to whence they came? (At least some of them)
    There were a couple of articles in the local paper a couple years ago about how many Trailways(?), Greyhound(?) buses were leaving my area because the illegals had lost their jobs. Two buses a day and they were talking about a third bus. Every day.

junglerogue

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    SAV, ELP, DFW, SBN,
    To anyone who hates all the illegals, wants the boarder fenced off, etc., I have a question for you.

If your family was struggling to get by, suffering through poverty in the same way millions of Central American families are, and your best - or perhaps only - option was to illegally enter another country, get a job, and send money home, what would you do?

To any man who would let his family starve or who would leave his wife and kids behind to suffer alone I say this: you are not a man.

This is interesting that you'd bring this up. I'm going to share from my experience in immigrating to the US, LEGALLY. My parents are not independently wealthy. In fact there are times when I would say that they have technically lived in poverty, however they found the funds for myself and my sibling to be legalized as US citizens. They did not have the luxury of walking across the border, because we grew up on a Pacific island. I share this because that same island and it's/my people routinely immigrate to the US for the same reasons you mentioned. In fact the biggest export of that island is probably manual labor. So in many ways, it's almost identical to Mexico/Central Am.
    So my question is, why should Mexican/Central Am's receive any type of future amnesty, just because they choose not to immigrate legally, like generations of people before them have done. Why do "they" feel like they are entitled to citizenship/illegal entry? My frustration with illegals is that they negate the precedence that has been placed before them by those who have immigrated legally and followed the rules of our nation. They place an unfair burden on our infrastructure that is already maxed (for other reasons), and reap the benefits of a less corrupt society than their own. They then want to take part in expressing "their" freedoms of speech and to gather, while marching in protest of our nations immigration laws, ON OUR STREETS!
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-immigration, BUT DO IT LEGALLY. Become a citizen of this beautiful nation and learn what it means to be an American. America is a melting pot whether we like it or not. As far as I'm concerned, the only people that aren't immigrants are native american/first nations people.
    JDonhardt- this wasn't directed at you, you just brought up a good point.:D

junglerogue

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    SAV, ELP, DFW, SBN,
    I'm actually kind of interested to see if a Hispanic person would like to comment on all of this. Not to incite, but to hear from their side of things, in their own words. It would be interesting to see how those in the Hispanic community who have LEGALLY immigrated to the US feel about the illegals coming in. Do they feel slighted? Do they feel allegiance to the US or Mexico/Cen Am? Why?

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yea, yea, yea...the system, taxes, welfare, America, take our jobs....I'm familiar with the whole bit.

What I'm asking is if you'd break the law to feed your family or let them suffer through poverty instead.
    So what are you doing to aid in the plight of the impoverished central American illegal Alien? or better yet what are you doing for the impoverished central American citizen living in their own country????:cool:

Tell you what where is the JDonhardt household? I'm going to sneak in, take what I want, tell you to "f" off, and go on to the the next household, but it's cool, I may or may not feed my family with what I steal....:rolleyes:

Maybe they should do something to improve their own situation and get their country on the right track. I guess it's easier to bypass the legal line of immigrants doing it the right/legal way. You're bleeding heart/look the other way for illegal aliens is a slap in the face to all those who have done things the right way, immigrated here legally, and integrated into our society to be a proud US citizen.

To answer your question, no, I wouldnt break the law to feed my family. I wouldn't need to. A "Real man" would shovel **** to earn a meager wage and forgo anything but absolute necessities to be an example to his family. :twocents:

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    As much as I am against illegals coming into this country we should also remember who had this land before the white man came...... look at how much they have now.... and whos country it is.

DFM914

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    so they should just be allowed to come here unchecked and in droves and steal food from our mouths? This is MY country. they had nothing to do with making this country successful. My ancestors and myself have! They can all kiss my ass and go to hell. I will give them a free ticket too. I have no sympathy for any of those criminals. I think its great what that man is doing! Its shameful that our government is breaking its contractual obligations to the American people and putting us in deeper danger everyday by not securing our borders. I think we should turn the southern border into a mine field.

I WILL NOT go to another country to survive. I WILL make it here. I was born here and I will either live in peace here and die in peace, or I will live and die defending it. And I dont need you to tell me if Im a man or not. Im sure if SHTF all I would see of you is your backside running away JDonhardt,

Illegals come from piece of **** countries because they and their ancestors FAILED to do anything good. not my fault they arent as good as Americans and America. Someone has to be the loser and its them!

I LIKE THIS and I agree with your way of thinking!

Top Bottom