Are you supporting anti-2A establishments?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I was sitting here this morning reading about Panera Breads new policy asking gun owners to keep their guns away. Almost all of the replies were against their decision. I also noticed that most of the comments from gun owners stated they would just CC into Panera so they wouldn't know they had a gun on them. It surprises me that people would condemn an establishment and their anti-gun policy in one sentence but say they would continue to do business there in the next. I have seen this scenario played out many, many times whenever a business bans guns with the same CC comments on social media sites and gun sites like INGO also. So actually, isn't the victory going to the anti's if patrons have this "I don't agree with your decision but here's my money anyway" attitude?

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    A "request" is substantially different than an "order", "prohibition", or "demand".

These companies aren't "anti-2A", they simply want to stay the eff out of a culture war that really doesn't involve their business.

I like Panera and will continue to be their customer into the future...same for Starbucks and most any other company that gives the desperate housemoms an exceedingly hollow social media "win" (in the form of "We politely ask gun owners don't bring them into our establishments, but will do absolutely nothing if people ignore the aforementioned polite request as we obey all state and local ordinances on the matter.")

I recognize my opinion may be unique on interwebs gun forums...but really people, think about what Panera (and other stores') "requests" really mean.

Then ask yourself "Why would they come out all of a sudden and make such a request?" When you think of attention-whoring long gun OCers walking around with Tapco'd SKSs and M4geries, you'll have your answer. But I suppose that's for another thread...

Last edited:

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    The way I see it, we work so hard to win the legislative battles so we can ignore all this drama. Let the Moms have their Facebook "win," I'll take the Statehouse win any day.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    As I stated in the other thread, a rule that is not enforced is no rule. This new statement by Panera was just to get the MDA off their ass. It will have zero effect on gun owners that wish to go there.
    While the request is new, Panera plans to continue to follow state and local laws regarding firearm policy. The chain also won't ask employees to enforce the new request or place signs about it in its restaurants.
    "We're certainly not going to put our associates in the position of confronting someone carrying a gun," he said. "We won't put our café management in the position of being law enforcement."

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    A "request" is substantially different than an "order", "prohibition", or "demand".

Then ask yourself "Why would they come out all of a sudden and make such a request?" When you think of attention-whoring long gun OCers walking around with Tapco'd SKSs and M4geries, you'll have your answer. But I suppose that's for another thread...

I agree. Had they come out demanding guns not be carried and were pumping money into Handgun Control Inc. known now as the Brady Gun Control group it would be a different story. A few decades ago Levi's came out with a commercial saying they could no longer stand still while children are dieing every day from assault weapons. They asked everyone to support gun control efforts to ban these terrible assault weapons. I have not purchased a Levi product since that commercial aired around 20 years ago.

Most of these businesses want to sell food and not offend either side of a political subject. The guys who are open carrying AK variants and AR 15's are forcing these businesses make some sort of policy to either appeal to both sides or at least to keep the guys carrying long guns into their stores from scaring the hell out of all the paying customers who come in daily as opposed to those who come in once in their life to make a political statement. I will continue to shop at these businesses, and will continue to carry concealed like I always do anyway. Considering photo's here, can you blame them? https://www.google.com/search?q=ope...pen-carry-texas-amid-chipotle-beef%2F;553;369

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Many of gun manufactures have betrayed the gun owners of America (and even the NRA said they'd fight for NFA rights...ha), yet we still give them money. Remington, Ruger, Colt, Smith and Wesson, etc.

Many people on the forums here motherfu***d Cheaper Than Dirt during the panic after Sandy Hook thanks to $70 PMAGs, $3000 Bushmaster Carbon 15s, etc and now...people are recommending them for parts, ammo, and guns again.

People repeatedly bad mouth Gander Mountain and lousy service, yet people still shop there. Dicks pulled ARs after Sandy Hook and people are now shopping there again.

To have a list of every company and establishment that have infringed on out rights, it would be endless.

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    MDA isn't going anywhere. Their social media victories may be hollow but as long as the companies continue to issue these statements then it will only encourage the mommies. And I don't realistically expect many businesses to openly support your right to carry in their establishments.

Spend your money where you like. I'm not going to let a bunch of misguided activists determine where I shop or eat. I've carried just as often in those "anti" establishments as I have in those that are neutral. What I may or may not have in my pants continues to be none of their business, regardless of their policies.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I don't patronize Panerra Bread, and don't plan to, especially now. As they are free to make their statements, so am free I to make mine. I quit shopping at Target weeks ago after they announced their anti-carry and anti-marriage policies.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    MDA isn't going anywhere. Their social media victories may be hollow but as long as the companies continue to issue these statements then it will only encourage the mommies. And I don't realistically expect many businesses to openly support your right to carry in their establishments.

Spend your money where you like. I'm not going to let a bunch of misguided activists determine where I shop or eat. I've carried just as often in those "anti" establishments as I have in those that are neutral. What I may or may not have in my pants continues to be none of their business, regardless of their policies.

Once again, I feel it's necessary to remind the masses of a few pertinent facts.

First, there is no right to carry in a private establishment (unless that private establishment is yours). Carry in businesses is a privilege through and through.

Second, the effort of OCT has nothing to do with being attention whores who wish to make political statements "because they can" about gun rights in general. The movement is a targeted effort to bring attention to the fact that the legislation of carrying firearms in Texas is bass-ackwards by showing that it is 100% to open carry long guns but absolutely illegal to open carry handguns, while somewhere in the mix, it's semi-legal to carry handguns concealed. The OCT movement is actually attempting to RESTORE the natural rights that they should be allowed to exercise. While some people are busy *****ing about the "loss" of "rights" to carry in private businesses, Texans are fighting for real rights.

Third, if we need to point fingers, let's start with the ones responsible for perpetuating the idea that the free exercise of rights is a bad thing.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    "Anti 2nd amendment" in my mind means they are lobbying for gun control laws. I do not knowingly spend money with any business with that policy.

However "anti carry" is not the same as "anti 2nd amendment". Private property owners are not bound by the Constitution, so the 2nd doesn't play into their decision one way or the other. I do my best to avoid such businesses, but sometimes it is simply too inconvenient to do so. I will 100% avoid any gun store that does not allow carry, though, as the hypocrisy is just too strong for me. "I'm willing to sell you a gun, but I don't trust you to have it around me."

tomaustin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    just keep ignoring the fact that it is their business and their choice about their rules...if you don't like it, open your own store and compete with them and maybe you will understand their point....i doubt you spend much money anyway, so nobody will miss your business..

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Don't know, never been asked or confronted about it.

But, I do think this is terrible:

784no-guns.jpg

How dare they discriminate against folks with wood-grip semi-autos!

I carry a revolver, so no problem! :lmfao:

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    I've got too many other things to worry about in life to care about what a private business decides to make a policy for or against.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I do not support any anti 2A businesses that I'm aware of. Ban, suggestion, intimation, whatever you want to break it down to. No sir. I do not.

I don't even support many pro 2A business like Dick's, CTD, etc. because of the way the handled themselves post Newtown.

I want to hear more about how dicks handled itself.

Top Bottom