• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are you still shooting or saving your ammo?

• Total voters

87gsxr711

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I am being a little selective on how much I shoot. Every otehr week for indoor bullseye league. Want to make sure I have enough for steel shoots starting in April.

Duke Short

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Shooting as normal -NO Dangit

Not shooting as normal - Reloading is in progress - cleaning and getting ready for Zombie Troops, The Wife is wanting to test her new Mouse Gun though

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    I was shooting pretty regularly... This thread got me motivated to check my inventory and I am rather low on a couple calibers. I'm going to tone it down a little bit and try and shoot a lesser volume until the weather starts to get better and I can get the Mosins out. I should have plenty of 54r to entertain me through this ammo crisis.

jballs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    been really heavy into reloading for a few months. Been shooting more than normal. :D

kyotekilr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    down wind
    I haven't cut back but I only shoot 30 rnds. a week. Just enough to keep fresh. I have never been one to burn through a bunch of rounds in one trip. I believe in quality not quantity and lots of dry fire practice. Luckily I have enough components to keep ahead of my shooting.

erictorp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Greenwood
    I've been shooting, but picking up more any chance I get. I've also been buying and selling guns to reduce the number of calibers I have to keep stock in. I just put my KelTec 3AT up for consignment, and tried to sweeten the deal by including 11 boxes of ammo, but the shop said it was a liability for them to resell ammo. Picked up a Kahr 9mm for my new carry gun so adios 380.

braggracing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Grant County
    Shooting 300-500 rounds of 22 at the range 3-4 times a month, but getting tired of driving an hr -hr 1/2 to stand inline to get ammo! LOL Now that the wife and daughter are shooting I do a lot more loading than shooting! Saving my 223 but will fire some 9's off every other week

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Looks like I will continue to shoot as normal. Just scored another 2200 rounds of 22 LR for $80.00 at the box store everyone loves to hate.

c604

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Morgantown
    I have bought plenty of reloading supplies over many years and could roll for quite some time so my shooting continues at a normal pace. Remember the best time to buy is when you don't need it and can afford it. I know its hard in the current economy though.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I have bought plenty of reloading supplies over many years and could roll for quite some time so my shooting continues at a normal pace. Remember the best time to buy is when you don't need it and can afford it. I know its hard in the current economy though.

I don't reload but at least once a week I buy some kind of ammunition. Even if it's just a $3.99 box of slugs, overtime it all adds up.

VoteRedTeam

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    I just got a new XDM so I've been out a few times with it but am slowly building up a stock of 9mm for this summer when the weather and amount of daylight is a little conducive to outdoor shooting. But when I have made trips, I've been conscious of my round count.

DEstes001

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Western Hendricks County
    I have not been shooting nearly as much as I would like. I refuse to pay the high prices and I will not buy ammo from the hoarders. I will continue to shoot until my reserve is gone then just sit and wait to buy back all the supplies that people bought up in the panic. 22LR, really?? Why??

Top Bottom