• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SecondAmendment

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    Many posters keep saying prices now are based on "supply and demand" and free market economics. But, what I see is market manipulation. Logically, I don't see what the big deal is about AR style rifles--they function the same as all rifles albiet with larger magazine capacity. A .223 is an anemic caliber when compared to most rifles for whitetail deer. Obama, Feinstein, and their ilk see the chance to ban these rifles now because they are taking advantage of public grief over a tragedy. Banning these rifles is a form of market manipulation--the government chokes the supply of something people find highly desirable (AR style rifles have been the best selling rifles for quite a while now) and prices go through the roof because of the market manipulation. So, in a sense, people who are selling AR's now for 2000+ are taking advantage of market manipulation--hard to say this is really pure capitalism.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    I can't help with the AR, but how much for the M&P and coach gun?

I've been trying to sell the coach gun for a few days for $200 but no one has had the cash. The M&P is my EDC, it's seems to be the only gun a small guy like me can conceal ( if I choose to do so that day)

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Many posters keep saying prices now are based on "supply and demand" and free market economics. But, what I see is market manipulation. Logically, I don't see what the big deal is about AR style rifles--they function the same as all rifles albiet with larger magazine capacity. A .223 is an anemic caliber when compared to most rifles for whitetail deer. Obama, Feinstein, and their ilk see the chance to ban these rifles now because they are taking advantage of public grief over a tragedy. Banning these rifles is a form of market manipulation--the government chokes the supply of something people find highly desirable (AR style rifles have been the best selling rifles for quite a while now) and prices go through the roof because of the market manipulation. So, in a sense, people who are selling AR's now for 2000+ are taking advantage of market manipulation--hard to say this is really pure capitalism.

Actually, the buyers set the market. Lets say the average AR price was set at $2,000. If people are willing to pay that, then they are setting the price. As others will see that's what they can get for theirs, so they will set the price the same. If the buyers all said I will not pay that. Then the sellers would have to lower the price, or, sit on the rifle.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    What ban?

.................................... Does anyone get the feeling that if this ban doesn't go through the price of an AR is goin to drop tremendously?

*edit due to authors own stupidity*

What ban? There's no ban even pending, is there? Diane Feinstein claims she's going to introduce a bill but, what's new? She's done that several times. What has happened is people have proven they will have guns and cost is not a deterrent. Call it panic buying if you want. Maybe panic is the word but I call it prepping. Somebody said "assault weapons ban" and every Tom, Dick, & Harry decides they have to have one before the "ban"....if there ever is one!

Here's something to chew on when you're talking "BAN". Connecticut was rated #4 on the list of toughest gun laws by no less than the Brady Campaign. I'm told by a CT resident on another forum their law is modeled on and very similar to the 1994 AWB. Oops! That didn't work, did it?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I can't.

Which is the big reason why I haven't been shooting my AR. I even thought of selling it, and buying a VERY nice 1911.

But I haven't been able to find any .45 ammo :(

Let me know if you find yourself in a fix for .45 ammo. I'm not particularly anxious to part with any, but we cannot have you with new gun and no ammo.:)

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I'm "that guy" and not afraid to admit it. I sold my AK for fair market value, to a friend no less. I felt kind of bad that he was buying in the frenzy, but it is a calculated risk. I even tried to tell him I wasn't worried about a ban, and was just looking to unload it while it was more valuable, but he still wanted it. The price is what the market will buy at, even if that was almost double what I paid two years ago.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Welp after a lot of debating I posted a Bushmaster WTT. I'll trade it for things I want, maybe, and then not feel as guilty about the higher value of it, I guess. Only had 2 offers so far but nothing I wanted yet. :dunno:

Ferstlerslim

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Syracuse, NY
    I'm "that guy" and not afraid to admit it. I sold my AK for fair market value, to a friend no less. I felt kind of bad that he was buying in the frenzy, but it is a calculated risk. I even tried to tell him I wasn't worried about a ban, and was just looking to unload it while it was more valuable, but he still wanted it. The price is what the market will buy at, even if that was almost double what I paid two years ago.

Mind if i ask what you sold the AK for? Which model? I have an WASR that i might be willing to part with at the going rate. PM if needed.

Dave

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Is it just me or is everyone seeing a lot of piston and name brand guns that were quite high priced guns originally, along with the "now doubled in value," home built one's?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom