• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    • Very pretty. I think that's a $5000 gun isn't it?

A picture says a thousand words :D

73194016-354C-43D3-8582-0E71C7C2BDB1-14322-00001FF244EC01DA.jpg

treeman22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Indy North
    Take a class on economics. Something happened causing demand to outstrip supply by an almost unreal margin. Its natural market forces at work. And to note, what happened was truly awful.
    Some of you will never make it in business. Don't go crying if you didn't make a buy when prices were lower. Calling people "gougers" isn't going to solve anything, nor bring prices down.

In case you were wondering, prices won't be going lower until a ban is attempted, and is voted down. If that occurs, we will be seeing the lowest prices on AR's that we have ever seen in the history of the shooting sports as people unload all those panic purchases into a market which no longer has any demand. Like I said, its simple economics.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The ones that are even worse are the ones who never bought one and now expect those who do have them to sell them one at old prices. Some even seem to think that those who have more than 1 should be obligated to sell to those who have none whether they want to sell one or not.

I don't care if they're going for $10k right now. I'm not in the market to buy one.

jtmason15

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 23, 2012
    Grant County
    I am not selling a single one of my weapons. If I did it would be at a fair price. People are just freaking out right now, which is somewhat justifiable, but price gouging someone because they could not get their hands on one is wrong. If anything get them and pass them along here and make your money back and maybe $50 dollars to make it worth your while. But not 2 to 3x the MSRP.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    In case you were wondering, prices won't be going lower until a ban is attempted, and is voted down. If that occurs, we will be seeing the lowest prices on AR's that we have ever seen in the history of the shooting sports as people unload all those panic purchases into a market which no longer has any demand. Like I said, its simple economics.

Here's my response from another thread, I believe it's going to have more layers than that.
    :twocents:

No kidding.

We are going to see ripple effects of this crap for the next several years if there is not a ban.
    Everyone that bought at these insane prices are going to want to recoup those costs.

"I paid $1500 for this WASR-10 so I'm taking a loss and selling it for $1300.00"
    "I just saw someone list their WASR-10 for $1300.00, I can probably get $1100.00 easy!"

The prices are going to stay HIGH for a long time.

OR another example......

"I'm selling these PMAGS for $75.00 each." :D

"Dude, you are insane. Midway has them in stock right now for $15.00" :n00b:

"I'M NOT GOUGING ANYONE, I PAID $85.00 EACH FOR THEM SO
    I'M JUST TRYING TO MAKE MY MONEY BACK!!!" :xmad:

"Dude, you screwed up, you need to eat the loss and look at it as a learning experience. Nobody is going to give you $75.00." :n00b:

:tantrum:

"FREE MARKET, DON'T BUY IT!"
    "CAPITALISM, LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!"
    Yeah, I get that but think about it for a little bit please.
    This "crisis" has artificially raised prices.
    Again, if there is NOT a ban there is going to be a whole lot of balloons busted over this debacle.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Take a class on economics. Something happened causing demand to outstrip supply by an almost unreal margin. Its natural market forces at work. And to note, what happened was truly awful.
    Some of you will never make it in business. Don't go crying if you didn't make a buy when prices were lower. Calling people "gougers" isn't going to solve anything, nor bring prices down.

Here's my response from another thread, I believe it's going to have more layers than that.
    :twocents:

Do you wonder if some of these high priced AR's are actually originally high high $ name brand guns bought 4ish years ago during the first frenzy? Folks trying to recoup the price of a safe queen?

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    None for sale here. Bought all my stuff a long time ago, in preparation for a time like this.

I have a couple friends who ran out and bought ARs during black Friday at Dunham's. They have no mags, no ammo, no sights, no optics and no clue how they are going to set up and train with their rifles. Now they are begging to see if I can spare an extra mag or two and some ammo.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Guns, particularly ARs and AKs are like the stock market right now. Today they are high and tomorrow they can be lower or even higher than we ever imagined. No one knows when it's the right time to sell or buy.

It would be nice to be able to sell a $800 rifle to a member who just wasn't prepared, just to help them out, but what will keep them from selling it for $2500 on another site? I've heard the "if you sold it, it's none of your business what they do with it" argument before. So, I'm not selling anything at the extremely high prices I'm seeing and I'm not inclined to post any "deals," but if I can find a deal I will purchase another one.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Guns, particularly ARs and AKs are like the stock market right now. Today they are high and tomorrow they can be lower or even higher than we ever imagined. No one knows when it's the right time to sell or buy.

It would be nice to be able to sell a $800 rifle to a member who just wasn't prepared, just to help them out, but what will keep them from selling it for $2500 on another site? I've heard the "if you sold it, it's none of your business what they do with it" argument before. So, I'm not selling anything at the extremely high prices I'm seeing and I'm not inclined to post any "deals," but if I can find a deal I will purchase another one.

Agree. I recently sold an AK on INGO that I had purchased here not long ago. I just decided there was something else I wanted, it was extra, so I sold it for what I bought it for.

Now I just peeked at gunbroker and searched a certain mid range AR model I have that I had been thinking about selling. The number of bids for several models was in the double digits and $500-$700 more than I paid. It is tempting but it makes me feel a little dirty even thinking about it. Almost seems to play into what "they" want.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    If the prices keep getting crazy I might sell the couple AR's I have. I get to shoot them for work so it's not like I would be totally without!

Gino66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    SWIN
    i have a first gen Colt Sporter like circa 1980, and an insatiable appetite for a nice lathe, mill, buffers, sanders, etc. I guess its getting to the point where I say......

P L E A S E MAKE Offer......

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    there is some ridiculous deals going on out there

Oh, come on, Nate buddy. You have more to say than that, don't you? The expectation of a 'quality posts' is saying what you really think. We do it all the time around here, then we make fun of each other... it's great!

I've been approached by 2 non INGO friends about buying an AR. I have to consider if I'm helping them and if they might be helping themselves. But really, I know their interest is driven by fear and nothing else..

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    I'm not selling mine. It's hard to speculate, but today's ridiculous pricing could be tomorrow's bargain. It's tempting, but i'll pass, Zombies won't stop if I throw dollar bills at them.....

Top Bottom