• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Prometheus,

It's now obvious that you either do not pay any taxes for what ever reason or you're an elitist a$$ who is looking down on everyone. Either way you have your opinion and I have mine. Your "Bill Bob at Gander Mountain" analogy speaks more to your elitist attitude than anything else you've written, it's obvious you look down on the "Billy Bobs" of the world. To answer your question, yes even "Billy Bob" should pay something but I'm not presumptuous enough to suggest that "Billy Bob" would look down on anyone with out knowing a little something about him. Say like his postings on INGO.

I will point out that even local infrastructure programs are usually partly funded through federal government grants which the money, in part, comes from income taxes. Sorry but you failing on that one too.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Prometheus,

It's now obvious that you either do not pay any taxes for what ever reason or you're an elitist a$$ who is looking down on everyone. Either way you have your opinion and I have mine. Your "Bill Bob at Gander Mountain" analogy speaks more to your elitist attitude than anything else you've written, it's obvious you look down on the "Billy Bobs" of the world. To answer your question, yes even "Billy Bob" should pay something but I'm not presumptuous enough to suggest that "Billy Bob" would look down on anyone with out knowing a little something about him. Say like his postings on INGO.

What I look down upon is idiots who think the few bucks a year they kick is in any way justification for them to look down upon someone else who doesn't pay anything. In the Billy Bob example, with a mortgage exemption and a child credit or two, Billy Bob is going to get a refund that surpassed what he paid in anyway.

When was the last time you met such a person who DIDN'T look down on a welfare recipient? Hypocrites, I can't stand them.

It is impossible to make anyone "pay their fair share" in an income tax based system of collecting revenue. Let us also say in addition to Billy Bob working for just barely above minimum wage, he also lives in a trailer park... I submit to you that the average trailer park resident uses MORE government services than someone living in a gated community. The 9-1-1 calls alone are severely skewed. That is, of course, digressing because money from the federal personal income tax doesn't fund the officers responding to a flamingo down call.

The roads are funded (when that money isn't re appropriated) from taxes on the fuel used by the vehicles that travel them. In such a way, every driver is paying (as closely as possible) their 'fair share'.

A personal income tax or federal sales tax can NEVER be fair.

I will point out that even local infrastructure programs are usually partly funded through federal government grants which the money, in part, comes from income taxes. Sorry but you failing on that one too.
    I'll direct you to another members post.
    This needs repeated people would do themselves good to research the Grace commision report.

Slapstick, you perfectly portray the government promulgated class warfare syndrome. The welfare class looking up at those who have more, the minimum wage crowd looking down at those below AND above them... it's absurd.

The answer here IS making everyone pay their fair share of personal federal income taxes... which is NOTHING.

The only one failing here is you. Do you really think I'd be advocating abolishing the federal income tax if I wasn't paying anything in? :rolleyes:

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    What I look down upon is idiots who think the few bucks a year they kick is in any way justification for them to look down upon someone else who doesn't pay anything. In the Billy Bob example, with a mortgage exemption and a child credit or two, Billy Bob is going to get a refund that surpassed what he paid in anyway.

When was the last time you met such a person who DIDN'T look down on a welfare recipient? Hypocrites, I can't stand them.

It is impossible to make anyone "pay their fair share" in an income tax based system of collecting revenue. Let us also say in addition to Billy Bob working for just barely above minimum wage, he also lives in a trailer park... I submit to you that the average trailer park resident uses MORE government services than someone living in a gated community. The 9-1-1 calls alone are severely skewed. That is, of course, digressing because money from the federal personal income tax doesn't fund the officers responding to a flamingo down call.

The roads are funded (when that money isn't re appropriated) from taxes on the fuel used by the vehicles that travel them. In such a way, every driver is paying (as closely as possible) their 'fair share'.

Slapstick, you perfectly portray the government promulgated class warfare syndrome. The welfare class looking up at those who have more, the minimum wage crowd looking down at those below AND above them... it's absurd.

The answer here IS making everyone pay their fair share of personal federal income taxes... which is NOTHING.

The only one failing here is you. Do you really think I'd be advocating abolishing the federal income tax if I wasn't paying anything in? :rolleyes:

" What I look down upon is idiots who think the few bucks a year they kick is in any way justification for them to look down upon someone else who doesn't pay anything." From you previous postings you're either calling yourself an idiot or a hypocrite with that line. Which is it or is it both? I can't tell but I know it's one or the other or both.

Let's see, today would be the last time I saw someone who didn't look down upon a "welfare recipient" I know for the elitist in you it's hard to believe that some people actually need help but it's true and those people don't really get "looked down upon" except for maybe by people like you. Some don't need the help in fact I'd venture to say must don't but some really do.

Your road funding statement is a fail. The Federal gas tax revenues have not been enough to maintain the roads in years. In 2010 the gas tax brought in 36 billion but expenditures were over 50 billion. Just where do think the extra 14 billion came from? The magical gas tax fairy?

As far as the Grace Commission report goes, I would suggest you read it again and this time try and understand what they were saying. I'll give you a hint, look up how the Federal Budget is set up. Also remember that report was from the Reagan days. Just a little dated.

Your statement, "Slapstick, you perfectly portray the government promulgated class warfare syndrome." is pulled straight from your a$$. If anything I propose just the opposite, everybody pays something for the service they get, even "Billy Bob". Not sure how you equate that with class warfare.

The answer to the question, "The only one failing here is you. Do you really think I'd be advocating abolishing the federal income tax if I wasn't paying anything in? :rolleyes:" is yes. I think you would advocate abolishing federal income taxes for fear you might actually have to pay them someday.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up

I've seen it in a few of your posts here but, someone who makes less money than you shouldn't be flamed for paying less than you. I don't agree with the system the way it is but I make $10/hr, yeah, I live at home still but, I pay for everything but the mortgage and I still have to watch my money. Just because I don't pay thousands and thousands of dollars doesn't mean that when I get my check I don't wonder where the hell did 1/4 of my check go. It's a different perspective for people who don't make as much as someone else. The way your posts have been have come off snobish and pissy towards people who "don't pay their fair share" according to you when in fact I can't afford to pay more.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think they need to get rid of most of the Federal Gubmint. There is no reason for most of it and much of it seems to be extra-Constitutional. Most transfer payments should be halted. It just breeds dependence upon welfare, one generation after another. In the case of corporate welfare, it simply props up companies that the free market system has decided shouldn't exist. Then taxes could be reduced to a reasonable level.

I do think everyone should have to pay something. If you aren't affected by increased taxation then most people are all for them. if you have a little skin in the game, hopefully it will change your perspective. I am beginning to think that we shouldn't even allow people that are on the draw, to vote. As de Tocqueville said:
    “The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    I think they need to get rid of [STRIKE]most of [/STRIKE]the Federal Gubmint. There is no reason for [STRIKE]most of [/STRIKE]it.

FTFY

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Since right before Oscammer took office I have tried to not be a 53%er.

Came up with new business plans and implemented them.

Came up with different personal finance plans and implemented them.

And as I look out on a beautyful sunrise, looking out over the Gulf of Mexico this morning, I know it was the right thing. :):

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    The articles of confederation were a failure for several reasons. It would be silly to repeat them.

The size of the government does need to be reduced back to constitutional levels though.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Wow, seems we've transgressed the civility threshold with this one. Let's all take a deep breath and put a few things into perspective.

While there may be some disagreement on what's "fair" can we all agree that everyone should pay a fair amount into the system. Sure we can argue that the federal gov't shouldn't even collect income tax, but eliminating it isn't practical.

The 47% are eligible voters, so politicians are going to be careful about alienating them. Certainly some of the 47% are lazy and gov't services consuming. I argue most are not. A retiree paid thousands of dollars income tax during his working years. He now lives on his investment income and SS. There is no FICA on either of these. The capital gains are taxed at a lower rate. This person no doubt pays much less than in previous years and may now be among the 47%. Is it fair to assess a tax on this guy now after he planned his retirement based upon the current rates?

The 1% that the Dems would like to increase taxes on. They don't make much of an impact in the ballot box, but their campaign contributions are going to be protected.

If Herman's 9-9-9 and Rick's 20% plans are so wonderful, then why hasn't the Republican House embraced them? Why hasn't either party genuinely embraced any major tax reform? Simple answer is they want to keep the voters and the contributors happy. It's this special treatment that's got us where we are.

Bottom line, IMO, the 52% of us in the middle are paying more than our fair share. The system needs to be majorly revamped and simplified. There should be no "I cannot afford to pay taxes." The 1% shouldn't pay less than the rest of us either.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    @ Prometheus. Dude, we are all on the same side here, hard working Americans that pay our share of the taxes (whether you agree or not). The argument for no income tax is for another day. I get it you're passionate about getting rid of the income tax, and so am I, hell even Kennedy wanted to. Anyway, I think you are missing the point of this thread, its an anti-OWS thread not a yes or no vote on income tax.

I feel your pain about the income tax, I saw the same data about scrapping it and going back to the 90s and we are all good. Anyway, screw the government, screw the handout people, screw the income tax. I am the 53%.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    They don't call it the "progressive" income tax for nothing. How is it fair to keep taking larger and larger percentages of income as income goes up.

Only those citizens actually making positive tax contributions should be allowed to vote anyway. Otherwise if the 47% group not paying taxes (the takers) gets over 50% they can just vote to take away whatever they want (from the earners) through the democratic process.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    They don't call it the "progressive" income tax for nothing. How is it fair to keep taking larger and larger percentages of income as income goes up.

Only those citizens actually making positive tax contributions should be allowed to vote anyway. Otherwise if the 47% group not paying taxes (the takers) gets over 50% they can just vote to take away whatever they want (from the earners) through the democratic process.
    :rockwoot:

Top Bottom