Are you one of the all talk and no action people?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I think that we need to make it easy for Ingunowners to register to vote. How about a sticky on here with a link to register to vote.

What do you think moderators?

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    HUH???? :dunno:

2/3's of this Country doesn't vote. That's a big difference. Imagine if all 80+million gun owners stood up and voted....

Getting people motivated to vote is the hardest thing in the world to do. Hell, getting people to write letters or get off their butt to go to any meetings is hard enough! :n00b:

I voted. I can bitch. We can all do other things too.

QFT.

Elections aren't (generally speaking) won by whichever side has the most supporters. Elections are won by who "gets out the vote," by who gets their supporters to the polls.

The big reason that Obama won is just that--the democrats "got out the vote," producing a very high voter turnout (compared to other recent elections) that was weighted in their favor. Groups like ACORN, even leaving aside any possible voter fraud, getting folk more likely to vote democrat than otherwise registered were a big part of that.

I think we need an aggressive campaign of getting Constitutional (including RKBA) supporters registered to vote and to get them politically active in various ways (including voting, of course).

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    ence. Imagine if all 80+million gun owners stood up and voted....

Getting people motivated to vote is the hardest thing in the world to do. Hell, getting people to write letters or get off their butt to go to any meetings is hard enough! :n00b:

You said it all right there, and that's why we lost. Obama's campaign can be credited for running a perfect, modern campaign.

Think about the first time you heard of Obama. Probably on the internet... YouTube.

Remember Obama girl?

Or the ad put out against Hillary:

YouTube - Vote Different

They hit the internet generation by storm, and once they got the far left bloggers going after attending the KOS convention, it was on.

McCain was very weak for us, he was put up to try to draw in the middle and independents, and failed miserably. By the time they figured out they need to attack Obama, it was too late.

If Conservatism is to live, and we are to save this dying Republic, we need new, young leadership. That means booting out the old farts like Lugar and McCain and get a new, fresh guys in there. Palin won't do it, she was a little spark, but not the fire we need.

THAT's the message we need to get to the RNC. I know conservatives who stayed home on purpose, because McCain wasn't the answer either.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    If Conservatism is to live, and we are to save this dying Republic, we need new, young leadership. That means booting out the old farts like Lugar and McCain and get a new, fresh guys in there. Palin won't do it, she was a little spark, but not the fire we need.

THAT's the message we need to get to the RNC. I know conservatives who stayed home on purpose, because McCain wasn't the answer either.

Well said. To that, I'd add that the Dems are much better at marketing, and we (as a group) are not very good at defending slander. (I'm horrible at debating, so I definitely fall into that category.) Let's face it, their entire platform is about "caring", and they've effectively put us in a defensive position of the people who "don't care". And by so doing, they've shifted the debate away from results.

My personal goal is to read as much as I can so I'm better equipped to defend conservatism, and to support those larger organizations (like the NRA) who have the ears of our elected officials.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    No McCain wasn't the answer, but would have been better than obamatard. At least McCainatard would have appointed better judges to SCOTUS.

INGO is the perfect place to start getting voters motivated. The problem is finding the right candidate. Bill of Rights for President! :D

StarKing

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2008
    Muncie
    I did my job and voted.. Unfortunately, for every one of me, there were 4 liberal idiot college students who voted for Obama at Purdue.

Me too.
    Did you notice that 3 of the 4 looked like they were in some kind of a trance?
    Scary...

StarKing

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2008
    Muncie
    What I mean by compromise is exactly what the terms means: "a concept of finding agreement through communication. (from wiki)"

That applies to both sides. Our government needs to meanifully consider the interests of gun owners, the letters we're writing to our representaives and senators, etc. We also need to listen and understand the concerns the anti gun crowd has.

I don't mean giving in and abandoning our rights as protected by the 2nd Ammendment. We need to continue to emphasize the necessity to bear arms, for protection, hunting, and sporting purposes. And we need to do so by showing that personal responsibility and good citizenship is and will continue to be a part of that.

IMHO, if that means that I have to go through an FFL check at a gunshow, wait a few days to get a hangun from a dealer, or register my firearms, so be it. I have nothing to hide, and no reason that I would be ashamed that others know that I own particular weapons. To me, it is no different that getting a license to teach school, registering vehicles, or passing a background check to work with children.

I don't think that weapons bans do anything to reduce violent crime. Bad guys still get guns off the street, no matter what. And if anything, a ban will just make the violence associated with getting guns even worse. But I do think that reasonable methods to ensure that guns that are legally purchased are properly documented is a good idea.

So as far as actions go per the original post, we need to conitnue to do all the things we are doing to communicate our ideals, and realize that the more angry and demanding we are, and the more we refuse to compromise, the more the liberal media and government will make us look like extremists. Lets make sure that we don't try so hard to win the battle that we lose the overall war.

Unfortunately, the gun control freaks concept of "compromise" is:
    We give up something, and in exchange, they take it and demand that we give up something else.

Not quite my idea of "compromise".

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Why aren't you guys supporting members yet?

How about you gun loving, 2nd amendment supporting politically wise individuals put your money where your mouths are and sign up as a Supporting Member of InGunOwners? I just noticed that 75% of the posters on this thread have not signed up yet. Fenway accepts Pay Pal, Checks, Cash, and Money Orders. :):

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    How about you gun loving, 2nd amendment supporting politically wise individuals put your money where your mouths are and sign up as a Supporting Member of InGunOwners? I just noticed that 75% of the posters on this thread have not signed up yet. Fenway accepts Pay Pal, Checks, Cash, and Money Orders. :):

While I appreciate what you're saying about supporting INGO, I don't think it's fair to call people out on single issues. I have my priorities with respect to where my money goes, and you can't impugn someone for setting their priorities differently from yours. It might be that someone just paid for a lifetime membership to NRA, and so money is tight. You can't know that.

There are a great many things that all of us can do to help the overall cause, and we each have to decide for ourselves what is most efficacious.

(FWIW, I contacted Fenway to send me the mailing address to send a check (I have my issues with Paypal), but I haven't heard back yet.)

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    INGun membership

It might be that someone just paid for a lifetime membership to NRA, and so money is tight. You can't know that.
    (quote]

If someone can afford a $1,000 life membership to the NRA they can surely afford $11 for a INGun membership if they use this site. This is the price of a half box of 9mm shells. Who on here just bought a lifetime NRA Membership, I want to congradulate them.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    It might be that someone just paid for a lifetime membership to NRA, and so money is tight. You can't know that.

If someone can afford a $1,000 life membership to the NRA they can surely afford $11 for a INGun membership if they use this site. This is the price of a half box of 9mm shells. Who on here just bought a lifetime NRA Membership, I want to congradulate them.

Not I. I'm an NRA member, but I let them keep earning my money year to year.

I was just trying to say that there are many ways that people are trying to make a difference. Challenging them to do more is fine, but I have a hard time saying that, because person X hasn't done Y, then he doesn't care or that he's not a person of action. You might not always have the complete story.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    He's trying to be polite about saying that you shouldn't tell people where to spend their money. It's not your business, and he doesn't tell you what to do with yours. Also, Fenway graciously hosts this site and advertises it to recruit new members- hardly "footing the bill for these people to spout off".

While I am glad to support his efforts, I don't see how paying to support a gun website is considered "putting your money where your mouth is."

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

I sent mine. Apparently it got lost in the mail. OTOH, I did buy two hats! :D

Actually I seen where you could get them at $500 not long ago, Christmas maybe, and for yearly members you can get a $250 discount... :D

If you place a frog into a pan of boiling water, he will jump out.

If you place him into a pan of cold water and slowly increase the temperature, he will cook himself.

I'd heard that before but how you worded it in the first post threw me off! :):

StarKing

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2008
    Muncie

My apologies to Fenway. Unfortunately it took me close to a year to pry the money out of the other half to pay for my recent NRA membership.
    Apparently I am not welcome here under the circumstances.
    Most unfortunate, I thought we were all on the same side.

Top Bottom