"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

I went to adulting school for more than 18 years. At first I really liked the professors. Then after the first 13 years I didn't like them so much, but after a while I came back around. Now I'm on really good terms with my parents.

I recently even thanked professor Dad for making me do things like swing sledgehammers, dig post holes, change tires and row a boat.

I even thanked professor Mom for showing me how to cook my own meals, wash my own clothes and balance a check book.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Two observations:
    1) They "failure" of Millennials can be laid at the feet of their parents. Every single skill mentioned above I learned from family, not from school.
    2) Proof once again that abdicating our responsibilities as parents to a third party (i.e.: public school) is a terrible idea. Schools have a purpose, but SURPRISE, it is not teaching people how to be "adults".

Sure, we had Home Ec. and Shop class. But, by the time I got there I had been cooking, sewing, cleaning, etc.. with Mom for years, and woodworking, maintaining vehicles, and sharpening knives with Dad for years. I'm trying to do the same for my kiddo. She will darned well know more than the "new math" and "phonics"!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Well, most (not all) of sex seems to be in a private place. So, sometimes it's hard to tell. I'd hate to be on the jury.
    But when they say they can't prove anything, but the woman is all beaten up.... :xmad:

That a person is beaten up does not necessarily mean s/he was raped. It means s/he was struck, yes, so battery, but if consensual (however unlikely and however "movie script" it is) then even that does not apply. Nonetheless, I do get what you're saying. It figured heavily in our deliberations on the murder jury on which I sat. We sentenced the perp to 75 yrs, in 1985 or so, in Texas. He got out in 2012. I'm still not sure how that math works out, but were it Indiana, he would still be locked up for another 7 more years or so.

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    That a person is beaten up does not necessarily mean s/he was raped. It means s/he was struck, yes, so battery, but if consensual (however unlikely and however "movie script" it is) then even that does not apply. Nonetheless, I do get what you're saying. It figured heavily in our deliberations on the murder jury on which I sat. We sentenced the perp to 75 yrs, in 1987 or so, in Texas. He got out in 2012. I'm still not sure how that math works out, but were it Indiana, he would still be locked up for another 7 more years or so.

Blessings,
    Bill

We're.

Pay back is a Med-Evac. You made my day Bill, thanks.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Two observations:
    1) They "failure" of Millennials can be laid at the feet of their parents. Every single skill mentioned above I learned from family, not from school.
    2) Proof once again that abdicating our responsibilities as parents to a third party (i.e.: public school) is a terrible idea. Schools have a purpose, but SURPRISE, it is not teaching people how to be "adults".

Sure, we had Home Ec. and Shop class. But, by the time I got there I had been cooking, sewing, cleaning, etc.. with Mom for years, and woodworking, maintaining vehicles, and sharpening knives with Dad for years. I'm trying to do the same for my kiddo. She will darned well know more than the "new math" and "phonics"!

This.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I went to adulting school for more than 18 years. At first I really liked the professors. Then after the first 13 years I didn't like them so much, but after a while I came back around. Now I'm on really good terms with my parents.

I recently even thanked professor Dad for making me do things like swing sledgehammers, dig post holes, change tires and row a boat.

I even thanked professor Mom for showing me how to cook my own meals, wash my own clothes and balance a check book.

Pfft. Checkbooks are so old fashioned. Now there are plastic cards your parents give you with which you can buy the necessary stuff (you know, like pumkin spice lattes, Uber rides to the club) with that don't need balanced. You just buy stuff. That's it. Now, it's even easier with iPay. You just hook your parents credit cards into it and buy stuff. See? No need to balance checkbooks! You're obviously outdated.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Don't try to hit a cop with a rifle.

That dude's hand got right ****ed-up.

[video=youtube;mI4UxURjqEQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI4UxURjqEQ[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why Kids Shouldn't Play with Water Guns. Period.

https://www.popsugar.com/moms/Why-Kids-Shouldnt-Play-Water-Guns-43546916?sf79873443=1

:rolleyes:

In a nutshell, the hyperbolic reasons are:

1. A gun is a serious and powerful object that can permanently destroy lives. The sooner people start taking this topic seriously, the safer our children will be.
    2. Kids shouldn't be playing with water guns because it normalizes the real thing.
    3. These "toys" are also sending mixed messages and diluting the most important ones: guns are no joke.

Because, you know. Our children are too ****ing stupid to be taught the difference between real guns and toy guns, therefore we should pretend the toy ones are real and and teach kids to be just as afraid of them as the real ones. :facepalm:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    https://www.popsugar.com/moms/Why-Kids-Shouldnt-Play-Water-Guns-43546916?sf79873443=1

:rolleyes:

In a nutshell, the hyperbolic reasons are:

1. A gun is a serious and powerful object that can permanently destroy lives. The sooner people start taking this topic seriously, the safer our children will be.
    2. Kids shouldn't be playing with water guns because it normalizes the real thing.
    3. These "toys" are also sending mixed messages and diluting the most important ones: guns are no joke.

Because, you know. Our children are too ****ing stupid to be taught the difference between real guns and toy guns, therefore we should pretend the toy ones are real and and teach kids to be just as afraid of them as the real ones. :facepalm:

Really, their belief is just this simple: we shouldn't teach our kids to be warriors.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Don't try to hit a cop with a rifle.

That dude's hand got right ****ed-up.

[video=youtube;mI4UxURjqEQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI4UxURjqEQ[/video]

Darwin is angry at being denied delivering a well earned award. DAMN how dumb do you have to be to do something like that?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom