"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Gotta get a screenshot. The roachs disappear quick when the lights come on.

He's bragging about it.

Some of the others that lashed out at Barron have since deleted their tweets. This one is hanging on. Maybe Comedy Central will step in and tell him to delete it.

Of course, he's free to say what he wants... but Republicans watch Comedy Central, too.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Gone.

Screen shot?

C22YljZWQAEYgs0.jpg:small

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Uh. Not in MY back yard!

[FONT=&amp]“If I can shape something so that kids have to decide for themselves, once I get them involved in the situation, they never forget it,” the former social studies teacher told The Courier-Journal.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/19/public-school-parents-angry-after-middle-schoolers-learn-how-sharia-law-is-totally-awesome/#ixzz4WbNTBZA

[/FONT]
    So this educator has an assignment where students are confronted with a fictitious Muslim woman defending Sharia Law from her own point of view. I don't have a problem with that, alone. But it becomes closer to propaganda when the full story is not presented. So fine. If you're going to shape something so that kids have to decide for themselves, present the pro and con views. Along side the fictitious Muslim's defence of Sharia, present the criticisms the West has against it. Have her justify all the criticisms of Sharia.

Highland Middle School, by the way, is the school my son would have attended if he were in public school. Don't those sons-o-*****es know this is Trump country? We don't play that here, homie.
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...Have her justify all the criticisms of Sharia. [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]

I noticed that you haven't bothered to justify all the criticisms of the fictitious 9/11 narrative yet.

Nobody has.

So, who's propaganda shaped your view? Why wasn't the whole story presented?

Or is this just for children who don't know any better?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I noticed that you haven't bothered to justify all the criticisms of the fictitious 9/11 narrative yet.

Nobody has.

So, who's propaganda shaped your view? Why wasn't the whole story presented?

Or is this just for children who don't know any better?

Is your question about this subject, or your 9/11 conspiracy thread?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I was talking about shaping views. When you have unquestioning subjects, you could convince them of most anything.

I think the best educational system doesn't tell students what to think, but gives them opportunities to experience thinking, and helps them explore the benefits and consequences of options. It teaches them how to think objectively.

Who's propaganda shaped my view? All of them, over several decades. My parents influenced my views. They were biased. My teachers influenced my views. They were biased. My church in my churchier days influenced my views, they were definitely biased. My friends, my enemies, my coworkers, the news, the internet, INGO, they all have influenced my views and they were all biased. We can listen to biased viewpoints and hopefully arrive at an objective answer. And if we don't. Well, that's our right. And that's not without consequences.

That's life. But here we are talking about educating kids. I do not wish to spread my world view by manipulating what is taught to unfairly favor it. I think that if all sides are presented fairly, my way of thinking has a good chance of prevailing among many.

In this situation, if all sides are presented fairly instead of exclusive to one side, I think it would be a good exercise. And I think that especially the girls, few would care to agree with the fictitious Muslim woman. I doubt anyone would care to live under Sharia law if they had a fair understanding of all the views, pro and con. Now, it may be that the educator who create this curriculum presented all sides and we're only hearing about it because the one side was presented at all. Biased reporting might leave that out. But as presented, I'm just saying what I think about that.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I think the best educational system doesn't tell students what to think, but gives them opportunities to experience thinking, and helps them explore the benefits and consequences of options. It teaches them how to think objectively...

Agreed.

It seems you'd have to trust people, perhaps even love them, to teach them such a dangerous skill.

Imagine trying to rule a population of such individuals who question and think things through for themselves.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom