"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Reminds me of a coworker years ago. He had been through a very bitter divorce. This was before the internet. He complained to me one day that just couldn't find someone he wanted to start a long term relationship with. I suggested he start looking in the places where women he’d want to be with would hang out. He replied, “I’ve tried all the pickup bars.”

Huh. And you say you can’t find the kind of woman you want to be with at a pickup bar? Yeah. That’s really odd. Seems like that would be the exact place to find anlong term relationship. :rolleyes:

Where'd you want him to go? A convent?:dunno:

Cause those chicks seem seriously committed to a long term relationship.;)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    OI MATE, WHERE'S YER SHARP KNIFE LOICENSE

DeYfsefWAAMgIfB.jpg:small

DeYfs9qW0AALfnx.jpg:small

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Reminds me of a coworker years ago. He had been through a very bitter divorce. This was before the internet. He complained to me one day that just couldn't find someone he wanted to start a long term relationship with. I suggested he start looking in the places where women he’d want to be with would hang out. He replied, “I’ve tried all the pickup bars.”

Huh. And you say you can’t find the kind of woman you want to be with at a pickup bar? Yeah. That’s really odd. Seems like that would be the exact place to find anlong term relationship. :rolleyes:

I think it was on Colin Cowherd's radio show, he said that it's OK to meet a woman in a bar and take her home, but realize that the closest thing to breakfast that you're gonna get is a Bloody Mary with a celery stick.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Holy ****, free this man.

This Man Was Released From Prison and Rebuilt His Life; Two Years Later He Got Sent Back Because of an 'Error' - Hit & Run : Reason.com

What do Kim Kardashian, Joy Reid, and The Federalist have in common?

They're all aghast at the case of Matthew Charles, a Tennessee man who was recently sent back to federal prison after two years of freedom when an appeals court ruled he had been released in error. Now criminal justice reformers and thousands of others are calling on President Donald Trump to commute Charles' sentence.

Charles was released early from federal prison in 2016, having served 21 years of a 35-year sentence for selling crack to a police informant. Federal prosecutors then appealed, arguing that, because Charles had been originally been classified as a "career offender," he was ineligible for the retroactive sentencing reductions put into place during the Obama presidency.

Despite a request from a federal judge asking prosecutors to drop their appeal, citing Charles' "undisputed rehabilitation," the U.S. Attorney's Office pressed on. A federal appeals court ruled that, by the letter of the law, Charles should never have been released from prison.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    No. He was only tried once. He would be serving the rest of his original term.

And what if it took 40 years to make that determination?
    At what point do they say, "enough time has passed"?
    Also, it still seems like double jeopardy to me. I know, I'll take your word for it that it's not, but.. they determined he could leave.
    Seems to me, that's the end, and to put him back would require a new sentence.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Do you enjoy propaganda? Because that's what you're getting from Fox News regarding the Philadelphia Eagles/White House situation.

The Eagles have never knelt during the anthem... they pulled this image of players praying to push the White House propaganda about "disrespecting the anthem".

De7dOlnUEAANeob.jpg:small

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom