"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    So was the wine any good?

This is the practical question. Getting into trouble over crappy tasting wine, that'd be the real facepalm. You want to be able to say, well, at least it was really good wine.

It was pretty good. I only had one glass before she saw the open bottle and went nuts, but the glass I had was nice.

I'm not much of a wine expert, but it was smooth with a medium mouth feel. Hints of oak, not too fruity.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It was pretty good. I only had one glass before she saw the open bottle and went nuts, but the glass I had was nice.

I'm not much of a wine expert, but it was smooth with a medium mouth feel. Hints of oak, not too fruity.

It's good to see you're alive today. Or at least live enough to post. That's a good sign. It may take more than 20 years or more for you to live this down. But you will pay for this. Often. This is now her trump card for everything you do.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

You know, you could possibly turn this around. It's risky though. I wouldn't try until she can get through the day without crying about it. But here goes.

You make it her fault.

If she REALLY valued that wine, and especially drive this point home, if she REALLY KNEW YOU, she would understand man's plight that we're just incapable of distinguishing normal things from the things that are so important to them. She would have known how thoughtless you were and would have taken steps to protect that which was so important to her. She would have made it very difficult for you to accidentally open her wine, confusing it for the ordinary. And she would have understood man's tendencies to take the easy path.

If she'd have tied that mother****er down with bungee cord, or super glued it, you'd have said to yourself, note to self--there's a problem here that I must solve. But I'm thirsty now. So I will just put that on my to-do list to fix. And for now, I'll just try this one over here.

See? She was actually setting you up to fail! And you fell for it.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    You know, you could possibly turn this around. It's risky though. I wouldn't try until she can get through the day without crying about it. But here goes.

You make it her fault.

If she REALLY valued that wine, and especially drive this point home, if she REALLY KNEW YOU, she would understand man's plight that we're just incapable of distinguishing normal things from the things that are so important to them. She would have known how thoughtless you were and would have taken steps to protect that which was so important to her. She would have made it very difficult for you to accidentally open her wine, confusing it for the ordinary. And she would have understood man's tendencies to take the easy path.

If she'd have tied that mother****er down with bungee cord, or super glued it, you'd have said to yourself, note to self--there's a problem here that I must solve. But I'm thirsty now. So I will just put that on my to-do list to fix. And for now, I'll just try this one over here.

Truth, in a mans eyes
    At the least she should have put it where you wouldn't find it, in with the pots and pans, laundry room, in her closet ( unless you two share clothes).. you know in the woman's part of the house

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Truth, in a mans eyes
    At the least she should have put it where you wouldn't find it, in with the pots and pans, laundry room, in her closet ( unless you two share clothes).. you know in the woman's part of the house

"in the woman's part of the house"

:rofl:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

You make it her fault.

And this will just dig the ditch a little deeper.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    wrsN0H1.jpg.cf.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    That is up to his wife. I agree with whoever said that she can hold this one over his head for the rest of his life.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom