"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Wow.
    Woman makes a statement on Facebook about her ex-husband refusing to pick up medicine for the sick kids.
    Husband is an officer, gets another to swear out an affidavit for her arrest for defamation.
    Prosecutor says, just because it's not against the law, doesn't make it right.
    Wow.

Sounds like georgia all right.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    He was assaulted with a deadly weapon.
    If the first stab killed the guy, it would be okay. At least here.
    11 times. 11 stabs can happen in about 3 seconds.
    And in close combat, people kinda move all over. Just cause there was a back wound, doesn't mean he stabbed the guy running away.

Had he stabbed the guy once, and stopped (so it would be "fair"), the guy could have grabbed the knife away, as had just happened, or pulled another. Then he could be dead.

I'm not disputing anything you posted, just stating my opinion of what probably cooked the guy's goose. Although a couple of things, he didn't take the knife away from the other guy. The guy stabbed him and let go of the knife, and I doubt he had to worry about the guy pulling another knife. Per another article the guy had to take it from his backpack and remove the packaging before stabbing him.

Shoot until the threat has stopped. Seams reasonable the same would apply to knives.

Agreed.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I'm not disputing anything you posted, just stating my opinion of what probably cooked the guy's goose. Although a couple of things, he didn't take the knife away from the other guy. The guy stabbed him and let go of the knife, and I doubt he had to worry about the guy pulling another knife. Per another article the guy had to take it from his backpack and remove the packaging before stabbing him.

Another thing that cooked his goose is this quote - "I'm so disappointed in myself. I just found out what I did. I'm so sorry. That poor bloke. I can't believe this happened."
    He might just as well have said - "Lock me up."

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Another thing that cooked his goose is this quote - "I'm so disappointed in myself. I just found out what I did. I'm so sorry. That poor bloke. I can't believe this happened."
    He might just as well have said - "Lock me up."

Yeah that also. From a couple of the articles I read about this, this guy and his friend split a "6 pack" and a hotel they went to afterwards kicked them out because they appeared drunk, also the guy told the police that he didn't remember it. Hence the comment of "I just found out what I did". I'm wondering what kind of six pack they split.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah that also. From a couple of the articles I read about this, this guy and his friend split a "6 pack" and a hotel they went to afterwards kicked them out because they appeared drunk, also the guy told the police that he didn't remember it. Hence the comment of "I just found out what I did". I'm wondering what kind of six pack they split.

3 bears and he forgets? Were they 40 oz-ers? But even so...

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The Washington-****ing-Post everybody.

EH5NNzEXkAAWSlT

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Yeah, somebody there changed the original headline from "terrorist-in-chief" to "austere religious scholar". That is really bad. Too many radical muslims working there I guess.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Yeah, somebody there changed the original headline from "terrorist-in-chief" to "austere religious scholar". That is really bad. Too many radical muslims working there I guess.

Looks like it's been changed again to "extremist leader of Islamic State," at least on the desktop site.

Having trouble deciding which audience to pander to?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    #WaPoDeathNotices

Joseph Stalin, architect of controversial plan to streamline Russian government and mustache aficionado, dies at 74.

John Wilkes Booth a noted Thespian, American actor and member of a prominent theatrical family dead at 26.

Adolf Hitler, dedicated art enthusiast, animal rights activist, and talented orator, dies at 56.

Jeffrey Epstein, financier, philanthropist, and friend to royalty, dies in austere, one room apartment.

Osama bin Laden, father of 23, killed in home invasion

Josef Mengele, pioneering geneticist and Paraguayan hobby farmer, dead at 67.

:laugh:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Oh for....

...I never understood why Michael Vick spent a day in federal prison.

I had hoped it would be to see how he liked being forced to fight for his life in a situation that was manifestly unfair. Unfortunately, I don't think they put the little ***** in with the general population

Edit: Having him torn apart by dogs was likely to be ruled as cruel and unusual, even though it was how he treated others

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom