"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Ecclesiastes 9:11 I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    fv2IsKv.gif

That looked fatal. If that dude recovered, he's one lucky guy.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This will have to be my last comment on this - dead horse and all that.

You guys are right - and the court backs you up on that.

But that is legal stuff and I am not a lawyer, I just know reality stuff.

If the job was completed the wheel and tire would still be on the vehicle.
    If the job was not completed the wheel and tire would come off the vehicle.
    The wheel and tire did come off the vehicle.
    Therefore the job was not completed.

OK, I am done. I'll just keep my incorrect opinion and move on.

No you are absolutely correct. The job was not completed. That the car s lowered and on the tires, the lugs are torqued to factory spec then the job is completed. It is beyond obvious that this last part of the process was not done.

Legal Bravo Sierra aside.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    https://www.ladbible.com/news/news-...de-out-of-his-own-body-and-kills-man-20191022
    Sydney Knife Attack Victim Pulls 20cm Blade Out Of His Own Stomach And Stabs Man To Death

Despite being the first to be attacked Hargrave-McKey was initially charged with murder. Yesterday, he plead guilty to the lesser charge of manslaughter.

Well, that's kinda B.S.
    Sounds like defense to me.

Dude, pack your **** and come on over. We've got more jobs available than asses to fill them.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    No you are absolutely correct. The job was not completed. That the car s lowered and on the tires, the lugs are torqued to factory spec then the job is completed. It is beyond obvious that this last part of the process was not done.

Legal Bravo Sierra aside.

I'd say you described how it should be done properly and not negligently. How about this, the mechanic misreads the torque wrench or misreads the required torque in the manual and over tightens the lugs. A couple of blocks down the road they snap and the wheel falls off. Was the job not completed or was it completed but negligently? Compared to you go in to get a tire rotation done and tell them you want new lugs and nuts installed too, they say okay and charge you for it. But only rotate the tires and put new shiny nuts on, a couple of days later the lugs fail and the wheels fall off. First case I'd say negligence which the law the guy tried to use does't cover, the second would be fraud which the law does cover.

https://www.ladbible.com/news/news-...de-out-of-his-own-body-and-kills-man-20191022
    Sydney Knife Attack Victim Pulls 20cm Blade Out Of His Own Stomach And Stabs Man To Death

Despite being the first to be attacked Hargrave-McKey was initially charged with murder. Yesterday, he plead guilty to the lesser charge of manslaughter.

Well, that's kinda B.S.
    Sounds like defense to me.

Sounds like defense, but he stabbed the guy 11 times in the chest and back. I'm gonna guess the back part is what got him.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-guilty-manslaughter.html?ito=social-facebook

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'd say you described how it should be done properly and not negligently. How about this, the mechanic misreads the torque wrench or misreads the required torque in the manual and over tightens the lugs. A couple of blocks down the road they snap and the wheel falls off. Was the job not completed or was it completed but negligently? Compared to you go in to get a tire rotation done and tell them you want new lugs and nuts installed too, they say okay and charge you for it. But only rotate the tires and put new shiny nuts on, a couple of days later the lugs fail and the wheels fall off. First case I'd say negligence which the law the guy tried to use does't cover, the second would be fraud which the law does cover.

Sounds like defense, but he stabbed the guy 11 times in the chest and back. I'm gonna guess the back part is what got him.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-guilty-manslaughter.html?ito=social-facebook

He was assaulted with a deadly weapon.
    If the first stab killed the guy, it would be okay. At least here.
    11 times. 11 stabs can happen in about 3 seconds.
    And in close combat, people kinda move all over. Just cause there was a back wound, doesn't mean he stabbed the guy running away.

Had he stabbed the guy once, and stopped (so it would be "fair"), the guy could have grabbed the knife away, as had just happened, or pulled another. Then he could be dead.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Wow.
    Woman makes a statement on Facebook about her ex-husband refusing to pick up medicine for the sick kids.
    Husband is an officer, gets another to swear out an affidavit for her arrest for defamation.
    Prosecutor says, just because it's not against the law, doesn't make it right.
    Wow.

[video=youtube;wkUslbmSe50]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkUslbmSe50&app=desktop&persist_app=1[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    He was assaulted with a deadly weapon.
    If the first stab killed the guy, it would be okay. At least here.
    11 times. 11 stabs can happen in about 3 seconds.
    And in close combat, people kinda move all over. Just cause there was a back wound, doesn't mean he stabbed the guy running away.

Had he stabbed the guy once, and stopped (so it would be "fair"), the guy could have grabbed the knife away, as had just happened, or pulled another. Then he could be dead.

Shoot until the threat has stopped. Seams reasonable the same would apply to knives.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom