• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Nope. It had personal information I did not want 'in the clear' on it.
    Has made me rethink my whole PM discussions and taking them immediately to email once/when I think I need to put personally identifiable information in communications.

If you can replicate that, you need to let us know. That means there's a problem. The mods can't read PM's, so if Google's indexing spider can, then it's something that clearly needs to be fixed.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I wonder sometimes myself

Nope. It had personal information I did not want 'in the clear' on it.
    Has made me rethink my whole PM discussions and taking them immediately to email once/when I think I need to put personally identifiable information in communications.

With the two infractions I have received I sometime wonder that it had to be more than what I said on that post. :dunno:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    this is a quote from a nameless mod on this site "nevermind the posts, you should read some of their personal messages"

It didnt sound like he was kidding but who knows?:dunno:

I don't recall that particular post, but it sounds like the Mod was referencing the PMs that WE get from members-- not PMs sent member-to-member that we read.

With the two infractions I have received I sometime wonder that it had to be more than what I said on that post. :dunno:

Since we can't read PMs, we only infract based on the content of a person's public post. Also, infractions are only known to the infracted member and the Mods, so unless you tell everyone you got infractions they'd never know it.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    This thread is entertaining:popcorn:

Out of curiosity I tried googling specifics of my PMs and google couldn't find anything but then again that means nothing.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I don't recall that particular post, but it sounds like the Mod was referencing the PMs that WE get from members-- not PMs sent member-to-member that we read.

Since we can't read PMs, we only infract based on the content of a person's public post. Also, infractions are only known to the infracted member and the Mods, so unless you tell everyone you got infractions they'd never know it.

How are people supposed to get their tinfoil on, when you keep trying to inject facts and logic into the discussion? :):

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    How are people supposed to get their tinfoil on, when you keep trying to inject facts and logic into the discussion? :):
    paranoid-cat.jpg

:):

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Infractions

Also, infractions are only known to the infracted member and the Mods, so unless you tell everyone you got infractions they'd never know it.[/quote]

My thread gets trashed by someone and I defend myself and get an infraction and my post deleted. The “crappy” (pun intended) post that set it off remains on the thread and I doubt the offending party got an infraction. I then get accused by the mod of protecting a product I want to sell. Months ago when 21st Century was trying to have the Cal Arms group buy I put up a post suggesting how to remove the bad seam on the parts and it got deleted in thirty seconds because it was deemed critical of the lowers which was not the case or intention. Someone trashes a product I am trying to introduce for the local manufacturer and that is OK. I am experiencing an obvious double standard in this situation.

I am not embarrassed getting the infraction; the mod should be embarrassed with his one sided enforcement. How about some fair and balanced enforcement from these particular mods? :twocents:

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Dick you should be embarrassed by the way you conduct yourself on this site. We have some of the best mods I have ever seen on a forum and quite frankly you are a gigantic pain to have to deal with day in and day out. I'm sick and tired of your attitude here and I don't think things are working out well for you and this site. You always have a problem with something and I just don't think it is a good fit for INGO or you.

I will check out the length of time you paid for advertising and gladly refund the difference. I'm sorry you don't like the site or the mods.

I am not embarrassed getting the infraction; the mod should be embarrassed with his one sided enforcement. How about some fair and balanced enforcement from these particular mods? :twocents:

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Mods can not read PMs.

Could I (as an administrator) read PMs?

Ya probably because I own the site and could figure out a way to read anything if I wanted. I don't care about anyones PMs and don't have the time. The only time someone will be reading PMs on this site is if INGO LLC gets subpoenaed because someone is doing something illegal.

The End

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom