• can a gun be considered a toy?

• Total voters

Rob54

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Merrillville, Indiana
    Because I very seldom CC, I consider my guns to be recreational tools. I go to the range 1-3x a month for the pleasure of shooting. My motorcycles are also for recreation, although they are often used as transportation. There are rules to follow and thought processes that need to be maintained while using any "toy". I guess the bottom line for me is, I don't HAVE to use them. I use them because I enjoy them.

TWS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Everytime I step into the woods with a gun I have to put camp paint on my teeth, cause my incredibly huge smile keeps scaring away all the deer!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    In my mind I separate the definition of my toys (xbox, laptop, desktop, tv) and tools, (cars, aircraft, guns, maintenance tools, power tools, etc...) Tools require a level of responsibility and respect that toys do not demand. Tools can be fun, but they are not toys.

Badmac 183

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    OP, when you write your article, or other news report, i hope you consider the caveats presented with a lot of the yes votes, i voted no. I have been taught my whole life, "guns are NOT toys, you don't play with them, or dick around with them, they can kill, and need to be treated with respect." We wern't allowed to point cap guns at each other when i was around my grandfather, the only "gun" we could point at a person was a squirt gun, that's it no ifs, ands or buts, unless we were defending ourselves.

What are you talking about? I just posted this article for fun.

jmdavis984

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Greenfield
    Most definitely YES. Let's face it, do we "use" our guns (as a tool is used) or do we "play" with our guns (as in a toy). I know I've never used a gun as a tool. Shooting cans/spinners/paper/water/steel is still just playing. Let's face it, as a tool the intended purpose of almost all firearms (target-specific firearms being the exception) is to cause harm to another living object, be it man or beast. Have any of you ever used a gun in it's intended use case? If not, they are just toys.

Top Bottom