• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Ok for the record it wasnt me and yes the mother inlaw called my wife to ask :)
    My wife said ofcourse it wasnt him he is to germaphobic to take the baby to the grocery. I say attaboy to our oc brother. if it was "the dirty Krogers" he may well need the gun to keep the local vagrants from trying to get the baby to donate to the "disabled veteran family stranded hard luck layed off god bless you/we all know I need the $ for smoke and drink fund" B-town libs will freak at the sight of a lawfully carried weapon but think putting homeless junky convict sex offenders in the same building as a day care is fine. mark my words when the wolf has her baby she will be screaming for a sheepdog. Shalom center has drawn so many predators to Bloomington that no one is safe.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I understood the new law to prevent the further release of the LTCH database from ISP. Existing lists will not be made "illegal." I could be wrong though, just the way I understood it.
    I understood it to be a typical privacy deal, ie.,the personal information is no longer for public consumption. It does seem that in the spirit of the law, it would be taken down soon...probably wishful thinking. I'm sure the info gets outdated quickly, at the rate new and renewal LTCHs are issued these days. On the other hand, knowing the HT, I'm sure they will push it to the limits of the law and beyond if they can get away with it. Their hatred (yes, Virginia... hatred) of guns and their owners are becoming the stuff of legend.

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    how would someone recognize it was a .45 caliber or glock, but be silly enough to write a newspaper asking about it?

Because generations of sheeple have learned all there is to know about firearms from TV and movies.
    Also, a lot of people have only ever seen handguns on local police.

Great find OP.
    Thanks for scanning the HT. Always seems to produce good fodder for this forum.
    It offends my sensibilities as a free-thinking person and gun owner, so I won't read it on my own.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    People make me uncomfortable by their mere presence unless I have a reason to want them in my field of vision or awareness. Therefore, whenever I see a person in a grocery store that isn't either a hot chick or a friend, I shall report them to the management.

Rizzo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Mr-WhippleB&w.jpg

Mr Wipple says DON'T SQUEEZE THE TRIGGER

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Do we really need to carry guns in the grocery store anyway? I mean what are the chances anything bad will ever happen there. :rolleyes: All we are doing is terrifying the poor sheep. :D

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    I will report anyone openly unarmed in the "dirty Kroger" well not counting the homless dudes I recognize from the sex offender website. "Its allright suzy homemaker that bulge in his pants as he stares at you and your kids isnt a gun he just likes looking at you" "isnt it so much safer here since those scary gun people (tea baggers)(republicans) leave their guns outside"

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    The more I think about this, the more I'm convinced that this letter to the HT was fabricated by them. They really have their panties in a knot over the new database law. This whole situation as reported by them seems bogus to me. After all, none of the six or seven subscribers that they still have would have the situational awareness to see a holstered handgun, and if they did, they would have immediately fallen to the floor and soiled themselves.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Good to know their advice is to stir up trouble with the manager and try to get guns banned from the premises. Sheesh what a whiny little #$@CH they have working there.

As to just ignoring signage, I thought a lawyer on here had opined that if the signage was properly worded and prominent enough it could make you possibly guilty of trespassing.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Good to know their advice is to stir up trouble with the manager and try to get guns banned from the premises. Sheesh what a whiny little #$@CH they have working there.

As to just ignoring signage, I thought a lawyer on here had opined that if the signage was properly worded and prominent enough it could make you possibly guilty of trespassing.

That is exactly their intention.

I believe the HT has a city sidewalk that runs right in front of the public entrance to their facility. Might be a good time for a OC sit-in at the good ol HT? They cannot make you leave as long as you remain on the sidewalk.

Goosepond Monster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Ellettsville
    That is exactly their intention.

I believe the HT has a city sidewalk that runs right in front of the public entrance to their facility. Might be a good time for a OC sit-in at the good ol HT? They cannot make you leave as long as you remain on the sidewalk.
    The sidewalk is in the public right-of-way.

ddenny5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Some where in the USA
    Yes, it is up to the store. Signs carry no weight-of-law in Indiana; however, if asked to leave it's in your best interest to, as you could be facing a trespassing charge if you refuse to leave. There are some threads kicking around here that detail some of the Pro-2A stores as well as the anti.
    The tresspassing charge is a stretch because they allow the public on the property. You can sue them for violating your civil rights. However, to avoid a scene I would just leave and not give them my business.

prtrrssll

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Someday a person in a supermarket with a gun and a baby might save the day or your life but then again if people like this person that started this thread maybe not

Goosepond Monster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Ellettsville
    Someday a person in a supermarket with a gun and a baby might save the day or your life but then again if people like this person that started this thread maybe not
    I have no problem carrying in the grocery store. The point of starting this thread was to show how ignorant, and paranoid, some people are when it comes to someone OC'ing in public. Not to mention that it is Bton and people are especially afraid of guns.

truegrit

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Highland,IN
    Do we really need to carry guns in the grocery store anyway? I mean what are the chances anything bad will ever happen there. :rolleyes: All we are doing is terrifying the poor sheep. :D
    does your grocery store have a bank in it? Mine does,what if some fool goes ape while robbing the bank? I know I'll be carrying.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Bloomington
    this doesnt surprise me at all coming from the liberal capital of the world. There are a couple VERY easy fixes to make the city of Bloomington a better place.

1.) Get rid of the Kinsey Institute

2.) Get rid of the [STRIKE]Herald[/STRIKE] Liberal Times

3.) Start listening to David R. Grubb a little more

Top Bottom