• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I bought a DPMS new in the box last summer. I have had nothing but trouble from it. I was building my M&P up with hot rod parts and put all the stock M&P parts in the Dpms and now it will run all day with out acting up. Piece of crap until I rebuilt it. Every manuf. out there has a lemon but this turd almost ended up on the bottom of the Wabash.
    Great gun "NOW" Thanks to M&P parts.

Last edited:

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I have a DPMS, and havent had any issues from it. I buy no means am I saying its as good as some of the "upper tier" ARs but for the money its a good gun. Im sure Seal Team 6 doesnt use them, but its good enough for me lol!

Paul Gomez

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Several years ago I worked for a company that was involved in doing some MilSpec testing for thermal optics. Part of that involved firing 100s of thousands of rounds through full auto M4s w their optics mounted. The M4s we used were all DPMS. The guns worked just fine.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Ive been watching this thread but havent posted yet. I guess ill add to it though.

Ive had a lot of problems with my DPMS. Its the AP4 (M4 lookalike with 16" barrel). Pmags dont fit in the magwell, rounds of all different brands get stuck in the chamber, and a few other small things go wrong here and there.

But I just read this on ARFCOM
    going to blow some minds! - AR15.COM

I think DPMS is just a luck of the draw kind of company. Alot of people have nothing but good to say about them, and some have nothing but bad to say about them.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    DPMS earned its poor reputation. I could dig up a thread or two concerning their quality- and these were within the last year, not once upon a time etc.

regardless the fact remains that for equal or even less money, a rifle made by a more reputable company with better quality control (ie individual not batch testing) can be had.

with what PSA, BCM, Spike's, etc are putting out, why would you even bother with DPMS?

:yesway: and now add Colt since they dropped the price of the 6920 to under $1k

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    I have had my DPMS for about five months now. It has been a great rifle with no issues. I have not ran a ton of rounds through it yet, but I do not foresee any issues.

I do not have much to compare it to, but it fit the bill for what I was looking for when I bought it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Several years ago I worked for a company that was involved in doing some MilSpec testing for thermal optics. Part of that involved firing 100s of thousands of rounds through full auto M4s w their optics mounted. The M4s we used were all DPMS. The guns worked just fine.

I am told that DPMS has been bought up by another company and they are cutting corners in the name of profit. I can not verify this and really do not care as after I swapped out the the internals with the pieces left over from my M&P 15 it runs just fine now.

Top Bottom